Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Having read Ashtons interview 18:32 - Jun 1 with 3944 viewstextbackup

I can confirm the chilled out approach I was taking to the closed season is out of the window.

Mixture of goosebumps, and funny tummy feelings when reading all that.

It won’t happen over night, but we really might be on the road to something extremely special, and can once again have a team/club to be proud of.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Having read Ashtons interview on 18:38 - Jun 1 with 3283 viewsmonty_radio

It does feel that way, but, till I finally see that we aren't making a move for a 29 yr old Rotherham Centre Half who played fewer that half his relegated side's matches, that old unease hasn't yet saddled up and ridden out of town.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Having read Ashtons interview on 18:45 - Jun 1 with 3265 viewsitfcjoe

It has really annoyed me how much people talk down Ipswich as a town and a football club, both have serious potential but most of our fan base seem to think the town is a sh*t hole and the club is going nowhere

Nice to have the 3 Lions, O’Leary, Cook and Ashton actually talk up the town and the football club and it’s potential - as a proud Ipswichian

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Having read Ashtons interview on 19:02 - Jun 1 with 3149 viewsSomethingBlue

Having read Ashtons interview on 18:45 - Jun 1 by itfcjoe

It has really annoyed me how much people talk down Ipswich as a town and a football club, both have serious potential but most of our fan base seem to think the town is a sh*t hole and the club is going nowhere

Nice to have the 3 Lions, O’Leary, Cook and Ashton actually talk up the town and the football club and it’s potential - as a proud Ipswichian

Completely this. Hope people get on board. We have galvanised, positive, skilled, tireless people at the helm of the club now who clearly see all the good in it — as do tonnes of people in football who don't live near Ipswich. This has a chance of going very well if fans and others locally take the same approach.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Having read Ashtons interview on 19:04 - Jun 1 with 3127 viewsSitfcB

People have cried that we haven’t had a proper structure for the whole ME tenure and now we have got that structure firmly in place, back room staff for the manager and chairman/CEO etc, people keep making jokey comments about how many more members of staff do we need. ffs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Having read Ashtons interview on 19:09 - Jun 1 with 3063 viewsColin_Viljoen

Having read Ashtons interview on 18:38 - Jun 1 by monty_radio

It does feel that way, but, till I finally see that we aren't making a move for a 29 yr old Rotherham Centre Half who played fewer that half his relegated side's matches, that old unease hasn't yet saddled up and ridden out of town.

He will never pass the new ITFC algorithm
Having read Ashtons interview on 19:42 - Jun 1 with 2865 viewsmonty_radio

Having read Ashtons interview on 19:09 - Jun 1 by Colin_Viljoen

He will never pass the new ITFC algorithm

If it's based on "Ace", count me in!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Having read Ashtons interview on 19:45 - Jun 1 with 2857 viewstextbackup

I love Ipswich as a town. I love the memories from places I went as a kid, to the countless nights out in multiple pubs, to the new docks area, to now doing the same things with the kids I previously done.
An area of town, and its inhabitants make me dislike that particular area, but that’s a different topic.

As a club for so long we’ve been told mediocrity is ok, these guys (I think) don’t understand or will accept that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Having read Ashtons interview on 19:53 - Jun 1 with 2790 viewsblueprint

People who think the town is a sh!thole obviously don’t get out much. I would say Ipswich wouldn’t feature in my list of 50 crap towns or cities.
Login to get fewer ads

Having read Ashtons interview on 19:53 - Jun 1 with 2793 viewsReuser_is_God

Having read Ashtons interview on 19:45 - Jun 1 by textbackup

I love Ipswich as a town. I love the memories from places I went as a kid, to the countless nights out in multiple pubs, to the new docks area, to now doing the same things with the kids I previously done.
An area of town, and its inhabitants make me dislike that particular area, but that’s a different topic.

As a club for so long we’ve been told mediocrity is ok, these guys (I think) don’t understand or will accept that

Don’t worry mate, no one likes Chantry so you’re not alone.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 19:54]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Having read Ashtons interview on 19:55 - Jun 1 with 2760 viewsReuser_is_God

Absolutely this.

People just love to moan.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Having read Ashtons interview on 19:57 - Jun 1 with 2746 viewsbluesym

I work out in the sticks, about 20miles from Ipswich.i work with a fair few people who have lived out that way their whole life,they really talk Ipswich down- to them it's just full of crime and rough areas,they have a very narrow minded viewpoint.I am born and bred Ipswich and I love living here.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Having read Ashtons interview on 19:58 - Jun 1 with 2732 viewsVic

Glad to hear it Joe, ‘cause you’ve been unusually down beat the last few weeks.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Having read Ashtons interview on 19:59 - Jun 1 with 2720 viewsSitfcB

Just say Norwich Road (Town end) buh, we all think the same

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Having read Ashtons interview on 19:59 - Jun 1 with 2714 viewsBluefish

Ipswich people are very odd, like simpleton odd. No offence x

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Having read Ashtons interview on 20:09 - Jun 1 with 2652 viewsNBVJohn

Great post!

Many years since I lived in Ipswich, but I love the place and don’t understand why so many are dismissive.

From football triumphs of the Robson era.to concerts at the Gaumont and meeting my Dad for lunch at Salthouse Harbour, I have never felt the need to talk the place down.

Evans ripped the soul out of the club, which has always been synonymous with the town, but it’s a town with much to offer.
Having read Ashtons interview on 21:09 - Jun 1 with 2456 viewsKieran_Knows

A truer few words never spoken.

Up the swich.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Having read Ashtons interview on 21:15 - Jun 1 with 2421 viewsRKD

Having read Ashtons interview on 19:59 - Jun 1 by SitfcB

Just say Norwich Road (Town end) buh, we all think the same

I actually like that area of Town, and particularly enjoyed living there. A great buzz, nice community, an eclectic mix of businesses, and some of the nicest tasting food available in the town.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to speak on my behalf and put it down.

F*** Brexit.

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

Having read Ashtons interview on 21:16 - Jun 1 with 2406 viewsgtsb1966

Having read Ashtons interview on 19:59 - Jun 1 by Bluefish

Ipswich people are very odd, like simpleton odd. No offence x

It's the accent. It's weird that I live only twenty miles away yet the accent is very different.
Having read Ashtons interview on 21:16 - Jun 1 with 2403 viewsSwansea_Blue

What’s clear is that it’s going to take a bit of time to get the structures in place and we’ll be relying heavily (mostly) off PC’s player wish list for now. That’s fair enough I suppose but not too different to the past approach. The future does look bright though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Having read Ashtons interview on 21:22 - Jun 1 with 2355 viewsmr_bean

Having read Ashtons interview on 18:38 - Jun 1 by monty_radio

Glass half empty?

Another way of looking at it is that if he'd played *more* matches, they might have avoided relegation!
Having read Ashtons interview on 21:24 - Jun 1 with 2339 viewsBluefish

Having read Ashtons interview on 21:16 - Jun 1 by gtsb1966

It's the accent. It's weird that I live only twenty miles away yet the accent is very different.

Definitely part of it. Listening to Dyer and his funny little accent always makes me laugh. I think there is something else unhealthy in there too probably from being miles away from cities

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Having read Ashtons interview on 21:48 - Jun 1 with 2224 viewsBlueBadger

Having read Ashtons interview on 21:16 - Jun 1 by gtsb1966

Back in the day it was apparently even more extreme.

My maternal grandad(born in what Chilton but is now Sudbury) always claimed that when he was a lad you could spot a Glemsford man by his accent as the village dialect was particularly pronounced - Glemsford was very much a self-contained 'working' village in the 20's and 30's and relatively few people from the village left it apart from on church outings or if they were taking items to market in Clare or Sudbury or worked as delivery drivers for the factories.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Having read Ashtons interview on 21:57 - Jun 1 with 2178 viewsChurchman

I don’t think the town is too bad. I’ve been to countless places that are an awful lot worse. Like anywhere it’s got good and bad bits, but I have always liked it. The county of Suffolk - there’s no better area.

As for the football club, I’ve put the boot in on Evans and his predecessor many times and the players too. It’s killed me watching the club I love shrinking and ridiculed over such a long period. I’ve hated watching the club get rubbished by the likes of Sutton and getting hammered by Wimbledon.

But times are changing. The consortium seem serious. I’m sure they’re being paid well, but the people they’ve brought in have come because there is a good opportunity to do something. That’s potentially something more than they can do at the likes of Bristol City. If the first thing they’ve done is put structure in, that’s a lot different to Evans who ripped what there was out.

For the first time in many years I’m very comfortable with what’s happening with the club and curiously that’s regardless of whether Cook is successful or booted out in the autumn. The club is moving forwards.
Having read Ashtons interview on 21:59 - Jun 1 with 2158 viewsDubtractor

Agree with this so much.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Having read Ashtons interview on 22:18 - Jun 1 with 2087 viewsJ2BLUE

This. 100x this.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024