Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. 09:13 - Jun 3 with 7723 viewsDubtractor

Taking the knee getting both barrels this morning.

I despair of the fact he represents my town.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:15 - Jun 3 with 2274 viewsHerbivore

In the sea of sh!t that is the current Tory party he seems to be a particularly odious floater.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:15 - Jun 3 with 2266 viewsBlueBadger

I wonder what it is about the idea 'perhaps we should be less institutionally racist' it is that upsets him?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:16 - Jun 3 with 2270 viewsfooters

If you want to be really depressed, pop over to the ITFC Insta page and look at the comments on the Pride Month story. Sad to see we have so many bigots and morons in our fanbase. And yes, there was a 'when is it Straight Pride month?' posted unironically.

Whatever happened to having basic human decency towards each other?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:17 - Jun 3 with 2255 viewsHerbivore

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:16 - Jun 3 by footers

If you want to be really depressed, pop over to the ITFC Insta page and look at the comments on the Pride Month story. Sad to see we have so many bigots and morons in our fanbase. And yes, there was a 'when is it Straight Pride month?' posted unironically.

It went out of fashion circa 2016.

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:20 - Jun 3 with 2229 viewsSitfcB

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:16 - Jun 3 by footers

It takes some doing but Instagram is the worst when it comes to comments and stuff.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:21 - Jun 3 with 2215 viewsBlueBadger

I think it's been established beyond doubt over the past week that basic decency is in fact, bullying.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:24 - Jun 3 with 2187 viewsSitfcB

Looks like the admin has deleted all those.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:26 - Jun 3 with 2181 viewsfooters

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:21 - Jun 3 by BlueBadger

I think it's been established beyond doubt over the past week that basic decency is in fact, bullying.

And by pointing out these things we actually make people racists and homophobes. So if we say nothing then surely everything will get better somehow.

I can only hope these muppets are children looking for internet clout but you really can't tell these days. 'Sexual deviancy' is a term I didn't think I'd come across in the UK in 2021.

Login to get fewer ads

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:28 - Jun 3 with 2163 viewsfooters

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:24 - Jun 3 by SitfcB

Looks like the admin has deleted all those.

Good stuff. But like you say, I'm not really sure if Insta or Twitter is worse judging by the state of those comments.

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:34 - Jun 3 with 2140 viewsSomethingBlue

Absolutely cannot believe people in Ipswich want him to be their MP. Can they name a single positive thing he's done or vision he's laid out?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:36 - Jun 3 with 2107 viewsHerbivore

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:34 - Jun 3 by SomethingBlue

Absolutely cannot believe people in Ipswich want him to be their MP. Can they name a single positive thing he's done or vision he's laid out?

He's sticking it to woke lefties.

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:40 - Jun 3 with 2071 viewsKropotkin123

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:21 - Jun 3 by BlueBadger

Yeah, they need to be careful. Dangerously close to abuse.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:41 - Jun 3 with 2068 viewsStokieBlue

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:36 - Jun 3 by Herbivore

I think that not living in Ipswich perhaps I simply don't understand the mindset of some people living there. I simply don't understand how they could actively blue to ensure that someone like him is their MP.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:43 - Jun 3 with 2049 viewsSomethingBlue

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:36 - Jun 3 by Herbivore

Which to half the country appears the biggest prize of all.

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:44 - Jun 3 with 2044 viewshype313

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:41 - Jun 3 by StokieBlue

I think that not living in Ipswich perhaps I simply don't understand the mindset of some people living there. I simply don't understand how they could actively blue to ensure that someone like him is their MP.

SB

Incredible given all the work Ellsemere did, baffles me why this drongo got shipped in.

Unfortunately Ipswich is a Brexit town, regardless of how well Ellsemere did, it was the get brexit done mob that won the day.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:46 - Jun 3 with 2027 viewsHerbivore

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:43 - Jun 3 by SomethingBlue

I would go so far as to say it's the only prize. What else do they care about? Not the NHS, not education, not the economy, not workers rights, not equality, not housing, not public services. It's the only game in town for circa 40-45% of the electorate.

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:47 - Jun 3 with 2025 viewsChiefXL

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:41 - Jun 3 by StokieBlue

SB

Couple of points

1. I doubt many people knew just how reprehensible he was prior to the election. It's winning the seat that has given him the platform to spout his toxic bile.

2. He's part of a new breed of politician who believes this is an appropriate manner in which to behave. He's highlighted on this page so regularly because he's Ipswich's MP

3. TBH he is unfortunately pandering to a lot of people who believe what he says. And that's not just an Ipswich problem. It's happening up and down the country.

I think the judgement of the Ipswich electorate should come following the next General Election to see whether he keeps his seat.
I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:50 - Jun 3 with 1990 viewsfooters

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:43 - Jun 3 by SomethingBlue

That whole mindset reminds me of a story Zizek tells about an old Russian joke:

A man and his wife are travelling through the country when they're approached by two Mongol warriors. They say to the man, "We will now brutally rape your wife- you must hold our balls while we do it so they don't get dusty from the ground." Once they've both finished and have rode away, the man jumps for joy and laughs. His wife asks why he's laughing after what's just happened. He replies: "Ha! I got them both, their balls are covered in dust!"

If they get these minor victories over their perceived enemy, they really don't care what other terrible things are inflicted on them as people and on our society as a whole. It's all about getting those balls nice and dusty instead of looking at the real problems we face as a country.

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:51 - Jun 3 with 1980 viewsGuthrum

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:34 - Jun 3 by SomethingBlue

Because people vote for the party badge, not the character of the candidate. I doubt most people even considered what he was like or his opinions.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:51 - Jun 3 with 1966 viewsStokieBlue

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:47 - Jun 3 by ChiefXL

Couple of points

1. I doubt many people knew just how reprehensible he was prior to the election. It's winning the seat that has given him the platform to spout his toxic bile.

2. He's part of a new breed of politician who believes this is an appropriate manner in which to behave. He's highlighted on this page so regularly because he's Ipswich's MP

3. TBH he is unfortunately pandering to a lot of people who believe what he says. And that's not just an Ipswich problem. It's happening up and down the country.

I think the judgement of the Ipswich electorate should come following the next General Election to see whether he keeps his seat.

I didn't judge the Ipswich electorate, I simply said I don't understand how someone like him can get support. He's been pandering to people for a long time and I know people in Ipswich who think he's doing a good job including family members.

If people found him abhorrent they could surely push back on his opinions as he voices them? Should people only wait until elections to voice concerns?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:53 - Jun 3 with 1942 viewsPinewoodblue

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:47 - Jun 3 by ChiefXL

Couple of points

Depends if the opposition turn up. Tories got their support to turn out. Labour failed to do so. Ipswich is one of those seats that matter, win Ipswich you usually form you form the next government.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:55 - Jun 3 with 1923 viewsSomethingBlue

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:51 - Jun 3 by StokieBlue

I didn't judge the Ipswich electorate, I simply said I don't understand how someone like him can get support. He's been pandering to people for a long time and I know people in Ipswich who think he's doing a good job including family members.

If people found him abhorrent they could surely push back on his opinions as he voices them? Should people only wait until elections to voice concerns?

SB

One problem is that he blocks anyone on social media who voices any kind of dissent, so that's not visible to the more easily swayed. Another is that the Ipswich Star run his rants seemingly uncensored and un-fact checked, without any space given for the record to be set straight or the other side to lay out their vision. It's such a shame from one of the better local papers. They're presumably paid to print his bile but these things add up to make it harder and more wearisome for people to put an alternative.

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:56 - Jun 3 with 1874 viewslowhouseblue

what has he said this morning?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 10:01 - Jun 3 with 1888 viewsGuthrum

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:50 - Jun 3 by footers

That whole mindset reminds me of a story Zizek tells about an old Russian joke:

A man and his wife are travelling through the country when they're approached by two Mongol warriors. They say to the man, "We will now brutally rape your wife- you must hold our balls while we do it so they don't get dusty from the ground." Once they've both finished and have rode away, the man jumps for joy and laughs. His wife asks why he's laughing after what's just happened. He replies: "Ha! I got them both, their balls are covered in dust!"

If they get these minor victories over their perceived enemy, they really don't care what other terrible things are inflicted on them as people and on our society as a whole. It's all about getting those balls nice and dusty instead of looking at the real problems we face as a country.

People have so few opportunities to "win" in their lives, particularly in the more economically depressed areas, that they are seizing upon the easiest - albeit largely imaginary, certainly inconsequential - victories they can grasp.

In this modern age of individualism, people have to feel "special" in order to prop up their own self-worth. It is no longer good enough to take corporate pride in a community or society (tho there is something of a lingering remnant of that in political tribalism and football fandom). Problem is, there are precious few things for most ordinary folk to feel special about. They are not successful entrepreneurs, popular entertainers or top sports stars. So they light upon chance factors, such as place of birth, or skin colour.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 10:04 - Jun 3 with 1855 viewsitfcjoe

I see our turd of a local mp is stoking the culture war again. on 09:56 - Jun 3 by lowhouseblue

what has he said this morning?

Moaning that England team took the knee last night

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024