Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm sure this has been covered. Portugal added to the Amber list 09:40 - Jun 5 with 804 viewsThisIsMyUsername

with very few cases.

India not added to the Red list for several weeks, despite cases being absolutely rampant over there. Resulting in the easing of lockdown in the UK being in jeopardy, once again.

Am I missing anything?*

I'm sure the so-called 'government' won't make any more crazy decisions like this, however, as they have our best interests at heart. They've got to learn eventually from such rookie 'mistakes'.

* Something about a trade deal being organised with India?

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

I'm sure this has been covered. Portugal added to the Amber list on 09:53 - Jun 5 with 749 viewsearlsgreenblue

And they’ve lumped us (Madeira) in with the mainland, although we’re 700 miles away & have very low rates, a good vaccination program & pcr testing at the airport on arrival for those requiring it,
disgraceful. Oh & a free pcr test pre the flight back if you want one.
I'm sure this has been covered. Portugal added to the Amber list on 10:17 - Jun 5 with 703 viewsnoggin

I'm sure this has been covered. Portugal added to the Amber list on 09:53 - Jun 5 by earlsgreenblue

And they’ve lumped us (Madeira) in with the mainland, although we’re 700 miles away & have very low rates, a good vaccination program & pcr testing at the airport on arrival for those requiring it,
disgraceful. Oh & a free pcr test pre the flight back if you want one.

Hey earlsgreen, I've sent you a DM.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I'm sure this has been covered. Portugal added to the Amber list on 10:32 - Jun 5 with 672 viewsStokieBlue

Was always likely to happen. People wanting to go abroad on holiday know the risks so I have little sympathy with the complaints.

Baseline numbers tell very little, it's the Nepal variant they are worried about which is the Indian plus an antibody evasion mutation similar to the SA variant.

It's an entirely sensible decision, until we have more people vaccinated we should be restricting travel to places and probably delaying the 21st June reopening a few weeks. The R is between 1 and 1.2 now and we need to get that down again.

We should have res listed India far earlier as I posted at the time but it's good we are perhaps learning from previous mistakes. I think that's promising rather than a reason to moan.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I'm sure this has been covered. Portugal added to the Amber list on 10:39 - Jun 5 with 655 viewspointofblue

To me, they should have put every country on the red list, enabling opening up domestically and allowing the money which is currently being invested in businesses in the U.K. and the furlough scheme to be diverted to the travel industry and airline companies to keep them afloat until the rest of the world catches up, vaccination wise.

And, other to see family, I really cannot understand the desperation to travel abroad at the moment anyway, considering the restrictions which may be in play whilst away and/or after arriving back.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I'm sure this has been covered. Portugal added to the Amber list on 10:44 - Jun 5 with 640 viewsLord_Lucan

I'm sure this has been covered. Portugal added to the Amber list on 10:39 - Jun 5 by pointofblue

To me, they should have put every country on the red list, enabling opening up domestically and allowing the money which is currently being invested in businesses in the U.K. and the furlough scheme to be diverted to the travel industry and airline companies to keep them afloat until the rest of the world catches up, vaccination wise.

And, other to see family, I really cannot understand the desperation to travel abroad at the moment anyway, considering the restrictions which may be in play whilst away and/or after arriving back.

I'm not sure if that 100% works but I have to say that I like the sound of that.

I guess though it's one of those things that is impractical when you drill down on it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I'm sure this has been covered. Portugal added to the Amber list on 14:13 - Jun 5 with 529 viewsborge

So you are moaning that they were previously too slow to take action and now they are too quick...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024