Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goalkeeper 15:03 - Jun 5 with 2967 viewssaffers12

A lot of links for the rest of positions
...I know mentioned is Walton feasibly affordable ?
Goalkeeper on 15:09 - Jun 5 with 2926 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Think we have 2 adequate God for L1... both could be improved upon but equally probably down the bottom.of the list of properties.

Can see us getting someone in on loan for a year and letting one of ours go out on loan 2.

Walton would be a great addition

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Goalkeeper on 15:10 - Jun 5 with 2907 viewssaffers12

Goalkeeper on 15:09 - Jun 5 by BlueandTruesince82

Think we have 2 adequate God for L1... both could be improved upon but equally probably down the bottom.of the list of properties.

Can see us getting someone in on loan for a year and letting one of ours go out on loan 2.

Walton would be a great addition

GK surely coming in
Goalkeeper on 15:19 - Jun 5 with 2851 viewsSimonds92

Any chance we could get Blackman? Just been released by Chelsea.
Goalkeeper on 15:23 - Jun 5 with 2814 viewsWD19

Goalkeeper probably an easier fix than most other positions.

When squads higher up shakedown nearer to the start of the season there are bound to be some quality keepers unhappy to sit on a bench that we can bribe to come to us for a season and be first choice.
Goalkeeper on 16:53 - Jun 5 with 2650 viewsParky

Mark Travers from Bournemouth would be my number 1 target. Whether he’d take the step down, is another thing.
Goalkeeper on 16:59 - Jun 5 with 2625 viewsMerseyBlue

We finished 4th for clean sheets in League 1 this season. I would say that means it isn't a priority. Conceding goals wasn't our problem, it was scoring them.

Holy or Cornell are not great but should be good enough to get us up.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Goalkeeper on 17:01 - Jun 5 with 2608 viewsMullet

Goalkeeper on 15:19 - Jun 5 by Simonds92

Any chance we could get Blackman? Just been released by Chelsea.

Never seen it in him. Every game I've seen him in he looks like catching the ball is a novelty to him.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Goalkeeper on 17:02 - Jun 5 with 2594 viewscatch74

Goalkeeper on 16:59 - Jun 5 by MerseyBlue

We finished 4th for clean sheets in League 1 this season. I would say that means it isn't a priority. Conceding goals wasn't our problem, it was scoring them.

Holy or Cornell are not great but should be good enough to get us up.

Keeper distribution is also important going the other way, Cornell apparently good at this but not sure I really noticed. Think we can make a huge difference to the side with a new keeper.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

Goalkeeper on 17:03 - Jun 5 with 2585 viewsKieran_Knows

Walton is a target, as is the keeper at Portsmouth.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Goalkeeper on 17:05 - Jun 5 with 2566 viewsMerseyBlue

Goalkeeper on 17:02 - Jun 5 by catch74

Keeper distribution is also important going the other way, Cornell apparently good at this but not sure I really noticed. Think we can make a huge difference to the side with a new keeper.

Yeah that's true, obviously clean sheets are the defining stat any goalkeeper is judged by but good distribution is a must.

I really don't rate Cornell and if one of them had to go, he would be choice. Both of them have dropped a few clangers and made some terrible decisions but I've seen Holy pull out more impressive saves. I know a lot of folk see it the other way but I feel far more nervous with Cornell in goal.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Goalkeeper on 17:10 - Jun 5 with 2541 viewsbluesym

Goalkeeper on 17:03 - Jun 5 by Kieran_Knows

Pretty sure that Phil said Walton isn't one that Cook is looking at?

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Goalkeeper on 17:11 - Jun 5 with 2531 viewsPhilTWTD

Goalkeeper on 17:10 - Jun 5 by bluesym

I had a chat with someone about the keeper situation and was steered away from him as a potential target. Was a while back so not impossible the situation might have changed.
Goalkeeper on 17:12 - Jun 5 with 2530 viewsKieran_Knows

Goalkeeper on 17:10 - Jun 5 by bluesym

From what I’ve been told, I’d be massively surprised if he isn’t. But wouldn’t want to tread on Phil’s toes!

Goalkeeper on 17:16 - Jun 5 with 2486 viewstractordownsouth

Goalkeeper on 17:03 - Jun 5 by Kieran_Knows

Portsmouth GK seems a sensible target. He’s had Championship interest before and will be cheaper than Walton.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Goalkeeper on 17:23 - Jun 5 with 2439 viewsPhilTWTD

Goalkeeper on 17:12 - Jun 5 by Kieran_Knows

From what I’ve been told, I’d be massively surprised if he isn’t. But wouldn’t want to tread on Phil’s toes!

Could be wrong or situations can change! I asked around about him as I thought he was a good shout given his links with PC at Wigan.
Goalkeeper on 17:24 - Jun 5 with 2427 viewsKieran_Knows

Goalkeeper on 17:23 - Jun 5 by PhilTWTD

Could be wrong or situations can change! I asked around about him as I thought he was a good shout given his links with PC at Wigan.

Just saw your post, and yes, I imagine the situation may have changed as he certainly was a target.

If everyone on here is to be believed today, we’re spending our whole budget on central midfield players! Has Jim returned?!

Goalkeeper on 17:26 - Jun 5 with 2397 viewsbluesym

Goalkeeper on 17:24 - Jun 5 by Kieran_Knows

Just saw your post, and yes, I imagine the situation may have changed as he certainly was a target.

If everyone on here is to be believed today, we’re spending our whole budget on central midfield players! Has Jim returned?!

Haven't you heard? Cook is a big fan of the 2-7-1 system!

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Goalkeeper on 17:27 - Jun 5 with 2396 viewsPhilTWTD

Goalkeeper on 17:24 - Jun 5 by Kieran_Knows

It is rather difficult to see the wood from the trees! On keepers, I'm sure the new keeper-coach's opinion will have a significant sway so it wouldn't surprise me if McGillivray was considered.
Goalkeeper on 17:28 - Jun 5 with 2366 viewsKieran_Knows

Goalkeeper on 17:27 - Jun 5 by PhilTWTD

It is rather difficult to see the wood from the trees! On keepers, I'm sure the new keeper-coach's opinion will have a significant sway so it wouldn't surprise me if McGillivray was considered.

Ha! Good few weeks left of this! Indeed, again I certainly think he is a target!

Goalkeeper on 17:29 - Jun 5 with 2350 viewsPhilTWTD

Goalkeeper on 17:28 - Jun 5 by Kieran_Knows

Ha! Good few weeks left of this! Indeed, again I certainly think he is a target!

Going to be a long and busy summer. I could do with some downtime at some point!
Goalkeeper on 17:30 - Jun 5 with 2336 viewsKieran_Knows

Goalkeeper on 17:29 - Jun 5 by PhilTWTD

Going to be a long and busy summer. I could do with some downtime at some point!

Downtime?! I don’t pay $14.95 to Spruce a month for you to have downtime ... ha!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024