Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? 16:50 - Jun 5 with 2763 viewshandslikeplates

I think I might have a mild case of tourettes, but every time I hear a car beep it’s horn I will follow it with a vocal ‘Ipswich’, or sometimes a ‘get into them’. At 48 I’m not sure I should be doing this, I’ve even started to notice my two teenage daughters doing the same.
I also refuse to buy Beechams cold and flu tablets as they come in yellow and green capsules,Sainsbury’s own come in blue and white.
Anyone else let their love of town get in the way of a normal lifestyle?
Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 17:14 - Jun 5 with 2706 viewstextbackup

mates dad, poster on here, if ever he's walking the estate and you pass him in a car, give him a beep..... will always put a fist in the air and give it an "uppa town" without even looking to see who you are or what your beeping at

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 17:30 - Jun 5 with 2669 viewsDevereuxxx

When I get told good news I usually just react with a little fist pump and 'Up the Town', even if it's not football related.

I quite often get a confused glance from someone at work when they give me some positive news and my reaction is 'Up the Town!'
Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 18:09 - Jun 5 with 2609 viewsParisBlue

At the gym I choose locker number 78 or 81 (they are next to each other)

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 18:28 - Jun 5 with 2565 viewsfabian_illness

Never have peas and sweet corn on the same plate.
Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 18:37 - Jun 5 with 2538 viewswkj

I always have to approach Portman road from the Sir Alf end and leave from the Sir Bobby end. My first game was in the Churchman's and as a teenager going into the North for the first time was just an utter joy of an experience.

Even though i have not been able to go for a number of years, Im more of a boring Co-op stand person now as I like seeing the game from a tactical angle - but I will always enter the concourse on the south most tunnel, and leave from the north most tunnel.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 18:42 - Jun 5 with 2522 viewsbelgablue

I don’t eat mustard because it’s from Norwich, (it’s definitely not from Dijon)

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 18:44 - Jun 5 with 2509 viewsgtsb1966

Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 18:42 - Jun 5 by belgablue

I don’t eat mustard because it’s from Norwich, (it’s definitely not from Dijon)

Sorry but Colmans English mustard really is the best along with their sausage casserole mix.
Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 19:38 - Jun 5 with 2430 viewsbelgablue

Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 18:44 - Jun 5 by gtsb1966

Sorry but Colmans English mustard really is the best along with their sausage casserole mix.

I’ll have to take your word for it ;)

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 20:24 - Jun 5 with 2361 viewsSeablu

Never use Aviva for insurance, even if they’re cheapest quote.
Threatened my daughter with adoption when she wanted a canary about 8 years ago.
So nothing out of the ordinary really.
Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 20:48 - Jun 5 with 2307 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 19:38 - Jun 5 by belgablue

I’ll have to take your word for it ;)

Imagine eating a steak without Coleman’s. Can’t be done.
Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 21:06 - Jun 5 with 2266 viewsKeno

If ever Delia comes on the TV I will let out a 'shes a whore'

This has got me in trouble cos my 4 year old grandson heard me and asked what a whore is. Thinking quickly and cos Delia was in a kitchen I calmly said 'a lady in a kitchen'

about a week later my son in law asked me to explain my when his parents had facetimed my grandson asked where grandma was and on being told 'she's in the kitchen' promptly yelled 'she's a whore'

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 21:16 - Jun 5 with 2242 viewsBlueastheycome

Me, my sister and my dad used to shout BLUEEEE ARMYYYYYY as we were going down log flumes or on rollercoasters when I was a kid… and it has always stuck with me and something that I still do even to this day
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 21:18]
Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 21:45 - Jun 5 with 2184 viewswkj

Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 20:48 - Jun 5 by BlueBlueBluex2

Imagine eating a steak without Coleman’s. Can’t be done.

If you need any kind of sauce with a steak then you're eating leather. Dry rub and a bit of butter/garlic/rosemary basting on each flip - you have a perfect steak.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 22:11 - Jun 5 with 2125 viewsbrazil1982

Any company from "up there", I cannot purchase from it. Cant have lemons and limes together.

I do get a tingle when I see someone wearing an Ipswich hat / shirt outside of Suffolk.
Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 22:46 - Jun 5 with 2082 viewsGodzilla

Supporting Town is considered a bit different by most people where I live.
Ultimately, other fans respect that you are not a big club follower and once you remind them of our club's past achievements, often against their club, you establish a link that means they will always look out for Ipswich results and associate it with youand keep in contact.
Yellow and green clothing a no go. Not much of a sacrifice really - it's super stylish beach wear for our German friends
Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 23:00 - Jun 5 with 2062 viewsMelford

Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 18:44 - Jun 5 by gtsb1966

I got into a massive row with my ex-girlfriend about Colman's sausage casserole. We were out shopping and she put a couple of sachets of that in the trolley, I told her to take them out and grabbed a couple of the Sainsburys ones.

Couple of days later we had sausage casserole and I was rather drunk, I opened up the bin to put my empty can in I could see the Colman's packet in there. Marched back into the living room, grabbed the plate of casserole and threw it in the bin. Called her a traitor and a disgrace (she was an Ipswich season ticket holder). Didn't speak to me for a week.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 01:45 - Jun 6 with 1969 viewsArnieM

I never have peas and sweet corn together on my plate, ever!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 07:47 - Jun 6 with 1861 viewsMeadowlark

Never drink Woodfordes or Moongazer ales. They are quite nice and I miss them. It's not their budgie supporting credentials I am opposed to - they are Norfolk ales after all, but they have both taken anti-Ipswich stances in the past.
Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 08:01 - Jun 6 with 1832 viewsitfctilidie

i had a new boss at the start of last year and about 3 weeks in he sent around a list of work and had highlighted me in yellow - I pointed out to him in no uncertain terms should i ever be associated with yellow - lucky he is a football guy as well and understood. Good chap put in in blue for future emails.
Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 08:53 - Jun 6 with 1762 viewsPlums

I won’t have a Delia cookbook in the house. If my mother in law ever makes anything from one of her recipes, she only tells me afterwards. Petty I know but a man needs to have standards.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 11:54 - Jun 6 with 1620 viewsGeomorph

Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 08:53 - Jun 6 by Plums

I won’t have a Delia cookbook in the house. If my mother in law ever makes anything from one of her recipes, she only tells me afterwards. Petty I know but a man needs to have standards.

For a couple of years I worked as a researcher at Aberystwyth university. On the route from my flat to town I noticed a terraced house with one of those window stickers portraying a scummier p1ssing on a town fan. Upshot was I stopped off to wazz on their door every night on my way back from the pub
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 11:56]
Does anyone else do weird/odd Ipswich Town related things? on 12:03 - Jun 6 with 1594 viewsSwailsey

I’ve kept it on the down-low but I’ve actually been on a bit of a quest in recent times to find out who said “Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy”.

We’ve had a couple of almost-there moments, including one poster who knew Colin. Although in retrospect, I’m not sure how that would’ve helped the cause - but it was certainly exciting.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024