Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Chambers 14:47 - Jun 6 with 20711 viewsNorfolkBlue1

New poster here, have been reading for around 15 years but couldn’t be bothered with the hassle of you lot but I had an interesting chat when I was out on the mariner last night.

Got chatting to Luke chambers.

He seemed quite emotional talking about the decline of the club in the last few years. He said without the togetherness of a few players, we would have been in a much worse position than now.

What was interesting was his view on Paul cook, thinks he’s an absolute tool, apparently virtually everyone that was at the club back end of last season thinks the same.

He also advised that mark ashton had interviewed him twice in the past and said that he doesn’t have the credentials…

I understand he may just be bitter but I thought it was interesting.

He also said he is either signing a two year deal with Colchester or gillingham this week. He said he’s virtually settled on Colchester though.
Luke Chambers on 14:54 - Jun 6 with 6552 viewstractorboy1978

And this is exactly why Cook had to get rid of Chambers. He's synonymous with the last few years of decline (even though not his fault) and has too much sway/influence amongst the squad.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 14:55]
Luke Chambers on 14:56 - Jun 6 with 6525 viewsbazza

Virtually everyone at the club the back end of last season were sh1te. Who cares what they think.
Luke Chambers on 14:57 - Jun 6 with 6508 viewsNorfolkBlue1

Luke Chambers on 14:54 - Jun 6 by tractorboy1978

And this is exactly why Cook had to get rid of Chambers. He's synonymous with the last few years of decline (even though not his fault) and has too much sway/influence amongst the squad.

I asked if he had much influence, his response was ‘I fkin wish I was in charge’
Luke Chambers on 14:59 - Jun 6 with 6491 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Not suprised that many of them don't like Cook, finally a manager thats called them out in phoning it in for years and they don't like him.

Ashton, given his career and work with Oxford, WBA, Bristol, I don't think one can say he doesnt have the credentials. Former player as well, all be it ended v early by injury I think.

As for Chambers himself, seems like a really good guy, he's absolutely allowed to have those opinions and give how he's been let go they are understandable but he should be emotional as to the plight of the club it's happens during his tenure as CC and whilst I never doubt he's always given 100% and been a great guy around the place I think (even more so if whay he says about a few players keeping it together is true) he's been far to passive in letting all those things slide.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 15:01]

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Luke Chambers on 15:03 - Jun 6 with 6432 viewsBiGDonnie

This definitely didn't happen.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Luke Chambers on 15:07 - Jun 6 with 6392 viewsCoco

Oh for the love of god

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Luke Chambers on 15:11 - Jun 6 with 6347 viewsdominiciawful

out on the mariner last night

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Luke Chambers on 15:11 - Jun 6 with 6356 viewsMullet

I often tell complete strangers about my work woes, personal life and future plans. This sounds spot on

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Chambers on 15:11 - Jun 6 with 6335 viewsbazza

Luke Chambers on 15:11 - Jun 6 by dominiciawful

out on the mariner last night

😂
Luke Chambers on 15:14 - Jun 6 with 6305 viewsNorfolkBlue1

Luke Chambers on 15:03 - Jun 6 by BiGDonnie

Slightly uninteresting story to make up 😂
Luke Chambers on 15:15 - Jun 6 with 6316 viewstextbackup

Luke Chambers on 15:03 - Jun 6 by BiGDonnie

he was out in lastnight…. that's a fact

waiting for someone who was with him to confirm or rubbish this story.....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Luke Chambers on 15:17 - Jun 6 with 6278 viewsBiGDonnie

Luke Chambers on 15:15 - Jun 6 by textbackup

he was out in lastnight…. that's a fact

waiting for someone who was with him to confirm or rubbish this story.....

Haha quality. I'm not doubting that he would be around, out and about locally.

I just can't see him publicly spouting the above, even if he did have those views.

COYBs

Luke Chambers on 15:18 - Jun 6 with 6264 viewsIllinoisblue

Took you 15 years to make your first post? The “hassle of you lot” must be a scary thing

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Luke Chambers on 15:20 - Jun 6 with 6261 viewstextbackup

Luke Chambers on 15:17 - Jun 6 by BiGDonnie

Haha quality. I'm not doubting that he would be around, out and about locally.

I just can't see him publicly spouting the above, even if he did have those views.

a poster from here was out with him.... so we'll see how this one plays out when he jumps on and sees the message lol

Luke Chambers on 15:21 - Jun 6 with 6211 viewsBlueBadger

Seems legit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Luke Chambers on 15:23 - Jun 6 with 6198 viewsBlueBadger

Luke Chambers on 14:54 - Jun 6 by tractorboy1978

Didn't know it was him who'd been coaching, setting tactics, team selections, transfer policy, overall club strategy, etc, etc all this time.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Luke Chambers on 15:26 - Jun 6 with 6176 viewschrismakin

That's all well and good, but what's your favourite cheese?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Luke Chambers on 15:28 - Jun 6 with 6143 viewsBiGDonnie

Luke Chambers on 15:20 - Jun 6 by textbackup

a poster from here was out with him.... so we'll see how this one plays out when he jumps on and sees the message lol

Love that!

COYBs

Luke Chambers on 15:35 - Jun 6 with 6045 viewsjaykay

thats very good, it only took you 15 years to master using a keyboard with 6 fingers.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Luke Chambers on 15:39 - Jun 6 with 6002 viewsjas0999

If this is true, then we shouldn’t be surprised. Chambers admitted he didn’t expect to leave, so I doubt he’s that keen on Cook. Likewise the other players who Cook doesn’t rated.e. Most of them not being good enough.
Luke Chambers on 15:40 - Jun 6 with 5982 viewsJambo

Luke Chambers on 15:28 - Jun 6 by BiGDonnie

Love that!

Aren't you and textbackup the same person?
Or did you just use his old kn0b on mug wiping avatar?
Luke Chambers on 15:42 - Jun 6 with 5938 viewstextbackup

Luke Chambers on 15:40 - Jun 6 by Jambo

theres only 1 of me, which is either a shame, or great, depending on how you look at life

Luke Chambers on 15:43 - Jun 6 with 5924 viewschrismakin

Luke Chambers on 15:39 - Jun 6 by jas0999

If this is true, then we shouldn’t be surprised. Chambers admitted he didn’t expect to leave, so I doubt he’s that keen on Cook. Likewise the other players who Cook doesn’t rated.e. Most of them not being good enough.

It has to be remembered that one of PC's biggest plaudits at the club is that of Kieron Dyer, someone who has never in the past kept quiet about the negatives behind the scenes to the people he knows. This has never been the case under PC. not even the slightest murmouring of a negative. KD shares the same desire as PC, to succeed and to do that sometimes you have to upset people.

So whilst I doubt the truthfullness of the OP, you can be rest assured there will be alot of players put out about how things have gone and Chambers probably is one of them, but we have to move on, quickly and positively.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Luke Chambers on 15:55 - Jun 6 with 5789 viewsBiGDonnie

Luke Chambers on 15:40 - Jun 6 by Jambo

Honestly, I have no idea what you're going on about?

Cheers, textbackup.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 15:56]

COYBs

Luke Chambers on 15:57 - Jun 6 with 5756 viewsnodge_blue

If any of that itrue then you’ve only got to look at cook’s promotion record to know that he’s far from a tool.

Plus look at his ex players this week who seem keen to join him here. That says a lot.

The other obvious point is that if as a group you’ve been told you are on your way, they are hardly likely to be singing his praises.

These players had two seasons in league one and barely had 10 games where we played well.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024