Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Sport say England are 'chasing' 273! 16:43 - Jun 6 with 796 viewsgordon

No text
BBC Sport say England are 'chasing' 273! on 16:45 - Jun 6 with 781 viewsgordon

Burns, Sibley and Crawley would be the worst top three we'd ever sent on an Ashes Tour - would be carnage.
BBC Sport say England are 'chasing' 273! on 17:11 - Jun 6 with 739 viewsJamestownPrince

I wonder if Mick has taken over the manager of the Cricket team for the day, Boycott and Tavere would have got closer than this!
BBC Sport say England are 'chasing' 273! on 17:15 - Jun 6 with 735 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We were never going to chase it were we? That is why they declared at that point. No test team offers the opposition a realistic chance to win through a declaration. I suspect that had we had Stokes, Buttler and Moeen in the side, they would probably have batted a little longer before declaring.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

BBC Sport say England are 'chasing' 273! on 17:21 - Jun 6 with 713 viewsSteve_M

BBC Sport say England are 'chasing' 273! on 17:15 - Jun 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

We were never going to chase it were we? That is why they declared at that point. No test team offers the opposition a realistic chance to win through a declaration. I suspect that had we had Stokes, Buttler and Moeen in the side, they would probably have batted a little longer before declaring.

Yep, makes for a dull afternoon, after a very decent morning session, but inevitable really. The loss of a day's play has probably cost NZ a deserved win though.

Crawley getting out in the same way twice is very disappointing.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

BBC Sport say England are 'chasing' 273! on 17:22 - Jun 6 with 709 viewsNthsuffolkblue

BBC Sport say England are 'chasing' 273! on 17:21 - Jun 6 by Steve_M

Yep, makes for a dull afternoon, after a very decent morning session, but inevitable really. The loss of a day's play has probably cost NZ a deserved win though.

Crawley getting out in the same way twice is very disappointing.

The batting of their two debutants in the first innings would have been match-winning had it not been for the weather.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

BBC Sport say England are 'chasing' 273! on 21:35 - Jun 6 with 599 viewsChrisd

It didn’t make for great viewing, but I can understand the cautious approach especially with so many of our batsmen in the top order failing in the first innings. Why should they give their wicket away cheaply in the second innings and then get over- analysed by the critics for yet another cheap innings? Burns and Sibley might not be pretty on the eye with their batting technique, but they are both mentally tough characters.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

BBC Sport say England are 'chasing' 273! on 03:46 - Jun 7 with 514 viewsHighgateBlue

BBC Sport say England are 'chasing' 273! on 21:35 - Jun 6 by Chrisd

It didn’t make for great viewing, but I can understand the cautious approach especially with so many of our batsmen in the top order failing in the first innings. Why should they give their wicket away cheaply in the second innings and then get over- analysed by the critics for yet another cheap innings? Burns and Sibley might not be pretty on the eye with their batting technique, but they are both mentally tough characters.

I would like to think that if we'd had Stokes and Buttler, we'd have had a go for it.

So it's basically the IPL's fault. Or to put it more moderately, the failure of Test cricket to convince enough people that it's still the pinnacle of the sport.
BBC Sport say England are 'chasing' 273! on 06:12 - Jun 7 with 475 viewsChrisd

BBC Sport say England are 'chasing' 273! on 03:46 - Jun 7 by HighgateBlue

I would like to think that if we'd had Stokes and Buttler, we'd have had a go for it.

So it's basically the IPL's fault. Or to put it more moderately, the failure of Test cricket to convince enough people that it's still the pinnacle of the sport.

It still is the best form of the game for me, like it or not to bat how England did to secure a draw requires patience, mental application and skill. Perhaps they could’ve gone for it more after the initial 10 or 15 overs, but imagine the furore if they had lost quick wickets and NZ rattled through our line up and we had lost? The moaning and complaining would’ve been equally unbearable.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 6:33]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024