Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) 17:02 - Jun 6 with 2796 viewstonybied

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:05 - Jun 6 with 2448 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I hope there are more decent people applauding drowning it out.

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.

EDIT: The racists have got to come to realise that the more they boo, the more the gesture will be undertaken. They are the reason it is needed.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 17:06]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:06 - Jun 6 with 2426 viewstonybied

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:05 - Jun 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

EDIT: The racists have got to come to realise that the more they boo, the more the gesture will be undertaken. They are the reason it is needed.

There was clapping/cheering but it was still audible through that.
Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:07 - Jun 6 with 2419 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Swap the word 'fans' with racists.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:09 - Jun 6 with 2380 viewstonybied

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:07 - Jun 6 by TRUE_BLUE123

Swap the word 'fans' with racists.

If the players and manager come out and say this is not a political gesture but a gesture against racism and you still boo what's the difference between that and, say, monkey chants?
Unbelievable - Gareth and the squad were clear it was not a political decision on 17:10 - Jun 6 with 2376 viewsunstableblue

Just a statement on racial equality still needing focus

And still a lot boo!!!! Thank God for the clapping

Right wing media and Tory MPs fanning this

What state is Uk PLC in after Brexit and this cabinet?! So sad

Hope Gareth and the boys go and smash up the Euros and the knee gets cheered in the feckin final

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:11 - Jun 6 with 2362 viewsvapour_trail

Fcking thick as pig sh1t scumbags.

Why even bother going to the game if you’re not going to back the players on the pitch. Even after what the manager has had to say this week.

Cnts.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:12 - Jun 6 with 2358 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I hope that any goal celebration involves players taking the knee.

The racists need to be told in no uncertain terms they are not welcome supporting the team.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:21 - Jun 6 with 2266 viewsMullet

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:11 - Jun 6 by vapour_trail

Fcking thick as pig sh1t scumbags.

Why even bother going to the game if you’re not going to back the players on the pitch. Even after what the manager has had to say this week.

Cnts.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:22 - Jun 6 with 2236 viewsHerbivore

Utter scum.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:29 - Jun 6 with 2174 viewsBABLUE

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:22 - Jun 6 by Herbivore

Utter scum.

There’s a few on here who don’t like them taking the knee either.

War on woke apparently, or racism to put it another
Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:34 - Jun 6 with 2115 viewsjaykay

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:29 - Jun 6 by BABLUE

There’s a few on here who don’t like them taking the knee either.

War on woke apparently, or racism to put it another

that's one thing i can't make out, is all the good old boys moaning about cancel culture but want to cancel taking the knee.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:37 - Jun 6 with 2071 viewsfooters

*Starts stopwatch*

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:50 - Jun 6 with 1983 viewsBluefish

Every single one of them that boos should be banned from all sport for life when caught. They have no place

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:57 - Jun 6 with 1954 viewsDBlues

I don't agree with the booing.

Would have been interesting to see how much booing would have been made by opposition fans when England does that during the Euro's. However with England playing at Wembley most games and the limited crowds there isn't going to be a true reflection on that.

If any other countries decide to take a knee it will be interesting to see how much their fans boo in comparison.
Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 18:03 - Jun 6 with 1896 viewsSomethingBlue

And let's not forget that one of their most enthusiastic enablers is Tom Hunt, the MP for Ipswich.

So many good things happening in Ipswich at the moment. Tom Hunt stains it all.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 18:18 - Jun 6 with 1812 viewsHARRY10

........... and how many miles from Hartlepool is this ground ?
Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 18:25 - Jun 6 with 1769 viewsMattinLondon

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:09 - Jun 6 by tonybied

If the players and manager come out and say this is not a political gesture but a gesture against racism and you still boo what's the difference between that and, say, monkey chants?

Monkey chants are overtly racist whilst booing players taking the knee allows the racists to use words and phrases like ‘Marxism’, ‘woke’ and ‘political movement - it makes them feel clever and that they are not being racist in public at least.

In reality they have no idea what those words actually mean.
Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 18:32 - Jun 6 with 1726 viewsHARRY10

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 18:25 - Jun 6 by MattinLondon

Monkey chants are overtly racist whilst booing players taking the knee allows the racists to use words and phrases like ‘Marxism’, ‘woke’ and ‘political movement - it makes them feel clever and that they are not being racist in public at least.

In reality they have no idea what those words actually mean.

What they mean is progressive tinking and actions are not acceptable to them.

Explaining the true meaning of those words would merely see then run like the three little pigs to their next house (words/phrase).

It is the one mistake progressive thinking has made - that those who oppose them also base their thoughts, and such, their arguments on reasoned and rational thinking.

They don't.
Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 18:34 - Jun 6 with 1713 viewsBABLUE

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:57 - Jun 6 by DBlues

I don't agree with the booing.

Would have been interesting to see how much booing would have been made by opposition fans when England does that during the Euro's. However with England playing at Wembley most games and the limited crowds there isn't going to be a true reflection on that.

If any other countries decide to take a knee it will be interesting to see how much their fans boo in comparison.

I suppose it depends how many racist supporters the other countries have.

If other countries racists boo it, do you think we should too? I don’t, but I’m not a racist though.

I like the way that Southgate’s England team won’t stop taking a knee, so that the racists don’t win. Good on them.
Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 18:44 - Jun 6 with 1659 viewsDBlues

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 18:34 - Jun 6 by BABLUE

I suppose it depends how many racist supporters the other countries have.

If other countries racists boo it, do you think we should too? I don’t, but I’m not a racist though.

I like the way that Southgate’s England team won’t stop taking a knee, so that the racists don’t win. Good on them.

I think I answered your question in the first line of my post.

The point I was making was that it's unlikely that we are going to be the only country that has fans booing when taking the knee. It doesn't look good on England as a country when it happens but there are countries out there like in eastern Europe that I expect would have far louder booing than these last 2 games.
Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 18:46 - Jun 6 with 1638 viewsnoggin

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 18:44 - Jun 6 by DBlues

I think I answered your question in the first line of my post.

The point I was making was that it's unlikely that we are going to be the only country that has fans booing when taking the knee. It doesn't look good on England as a country when it happens but there are countries out there like in eastern Europe that I expect would have far louder booing than these last 2 games.

That's ok then, forget it even happened.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 18:54 - Jun 6 with 1561 viewsSpruceMoose

Are these the people with very real concerns who would have a complete change of heart if only us lefties calmly explained the facts to them a thousand times?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 18:57 - Jun 6 with 1531 viewsRyorry

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:06 - Jun 6 by tonybied

There was clapping/cheering but it was still audible through that.

I thought that a pretty disappointing volume tbh, iirc & heard right, last time's clapping/cheering was much louder.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 19:00 - Jun 6 with 1505 viewsHARRY10

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 18:54 - Jun 6 by SpruceMoose

Are these the people with very real concerns who would have a complete change of heart if only us lefties calmly explained the facts to them a thousand times?

Reasoned argument certainly worked with brexit
Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 19:23 - Jun 6 with 1418 viewsjontysnut

Fans booing the knee again in the England match! (n/t) on 17:05 - Jun 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

They're also the ones who shout 'no surrender' during the national anthem and boo during other countries' anthems because that's what patriotic 'football lads' do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024