Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chilwell>Shaw 09:31 - Jun 7 with 729 viewsNazemariner

Most be seem to prefer Shaw to Chilwell.....Am i missing something?
Chilwell>Shaw on 09:37 - Jun 7 with 697 viewsSimonds92

Shaw's performances throughout last season. In all honesty Chilwell also had a very good season, be happy with either. Shaw has that partnership with Maguire on the left but makes no difference if Maguire's not fit.
Chilwell>Shaw on 09:37 - Jun 7 with 695 viewstractordownsouth

I don’t think there’s much between the two. At the start of the season I’d definitely have picked Chilwell, I probably would still but Shaw has arguably been the best Premier League left back this year.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Chilwell>Shaw on 09:40 - Jun 7 with 670 viewsNazemariner

I don't watch a whole lot of PL foootball in all honesty, but the Man U games i have seen Shaw has always looked decent going forwards, but a bit erratic in defence. Call me old fashioned, but i like defenders whose primary attribute is defending.
Chilwell>Shaw on 09:42 - Jun 7 with 655 viewsclive_baker

Chilwell>Shaw on 09:37 - Jun 7 by tractordownsouth

I don’t think there’s much between the two. At the start of the season I’d definitely have picked Chilwell, I probably would still but Shaw has arguably been the best Premier League left back this year.

I would agree with that, I definitely would've gone with Chilwell over Shaw 6 months ago, and probably still would at a push, but they're both very good. I don't think full backs are the issue at all, I just think we're a little light centrally in Maguire's absence and perhaps 1 light in the middle of midfield. I think given Henderson isn't fit and it's a lot to throw Bellingham in, I wouldn't mind seeing him play Mount a bit deeper alongside Rice, with Grealish at the top of those 3.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Chilwell>Shaw on 09:43 - Jun 7 with 643 viewsSuperblue95

Chillwell for me. More consistent, better defensively and carries slightly more of a goal threat.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Chilwell>Shaw on 09:44 - Jun 7 with 627 viewspointofblue

Shaw’s had a better season overall but is far better defensively when Maguire is next to him - without him he can be erratic and out of place at times. Chilwell perhaps has a greater ceiling.

To be honest, if we go to three at the back I wouldn’t be adverse to Shaw playing a left centre back - where he’s played a few games for Manchester United - with Chilwell on the left wing.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Chilwell>Shaw on 09:45 - Jun 7 with 620 viewsEly_Blue

Shaw always looks like he’s carrying a bit too much timber for me.

For me Chilwell seems the more athletic option particularly if Southgate goes for 3 at the back and wing backs

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Chilwell>Shaw on 10:24 - Jun 7 with 497 viewsrickw

As others have said Shaw has had a very good season and been voted into the PFA team of the year. For me I don't think there's a wrong selection here - same with right back and also the wide forwards where you'd expect those who start probably won't finish the game - the subs in those areas could be the ones who win us the game

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Login to get fewer ads

Chilwell>Shaw on 10:25 - Jun 7 with 493 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Did u watch Utd v Liverpool?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Chilwell>Shaw on 10:32 - Jun 7 with 470 viewsbluefunk

It’ll be Shaw in a back 4 Chilwell for wing back in a back 3/5
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 10:32]
Chilwell>Shaw on 10:35 - Jun 7 with 449 viewsNazemariner

Chilwell>Shaw on 10:25 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Did u watch Utd v Liverpool?

Nope. Think i was watching Springwatch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024