Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keep politics out of sport 12:32 - Jun 7 with 3641 viewsHerbivore

Unless it's to say we should go easy on racism and sexism: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/57383097

With a number of other Tory MPs coming out to call for the ending of taking the knee and tacitly condoning those who boo support for anti-racism, you rather have to question the value base of our government and those who support them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Keep politics out of sport on 12:38 - Jun 7 with 1799 viewsunstableblue

As someone said earlier this narrative is another Trump inheritance and the made up concept of Cultural Marxism... Farage and the right wing Tory MPs justify their point of view by badging it an attack on western society and values (including BLM and taking the knee).. a new made up Marxism to justify racism...

Again... just WTF

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Keep politics out of sport on 12:41 - Jun 7 with 1784 viewsfooters

As they're all for freedom of speech, may I take this opportunity to call boris johnson a cnt?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Keep politics out of sport on 12:43 - Jun 7 with 1770 viewsSpruceMoose

Keep politics out of sport on 12:38 - Jun 7 by unstableblue

As someone said earlier this narrative is another Trump inheritance and the made up concept of Cultural Marxism... Farage and the right wing Tory MPs justify their point of view by badging it an attack on western society and values (including BLM and taking the knee).. a new made up Marxism to justify racism...

Again... just WTF

And people love it.

Deeply concerned about the kind of things your average Brit believes, values and thinks these days.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Keep politics out of sport on 12:44 - Jun 7 with 1765 viewsSpruceMoose

Keep politics out of sport on 12:41 - Jun 7 by footers

As they're all for freedom of speech, may I take this opportunity to call boris johnson a cnt?

If he wasn't keeping his head down to avoid Phil's banhammer you'd have [REDACTED] clutching his pearls at that one. You've gone too far, too far, sir!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Keep politics out of sport on 12:48 - Jun 7 with 1713 viewschicoazul

I’m very conflicted on the messaging put out here. Isn’t the ultimate lesson for people not “don’t hold racist views” but rather “clear your socials when you get a bit famous or successful before your bantz bite you on the ass”. On the other hand he was 18 or whatever.
Agreed about the hypocrisy btw.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Keep politics out of sport on 12:52 - Jun 7 with 1705 viewsHerbivore

Keep politics out of sport on 12:48 - Jun 7 by chicoazul

I’m very conflicted on the messaging put out here. Isn’t the ultimate lesson for people not “don’t hold racist views” but rather “clear your socials when you get a bit famous or successful before your bantz bite you on the ass”. On the other hand he was 18 or whatever.
Agreed about the hypocrisy btw.

You make a fair point here, Chico. A lot of the focus has been on how stupid he was not to delete the posts, rather than how ignorant he was to have made such posts in the first place. The focus here should be on why, just 8 or 9 years ago, he felt these views were acceptable and how is it that we go about stopping other young people thinking such views are acceptable.

Keep politics out of sport on 12:56 - Jun 7 with 1672 viewshomer_123

Keep politics out of sport on 12:52 - Jun 7 by Herbivore

You make a fair point here, Chico. A lot of the focus has been on how stupid he was not to delete the posts, rather than how ignorant he was to have made such posts in the first place. The focus here should be on why, just 8 or 9 years ago, he felt these views were acceptable and how is it that we go about stopping other young people thinking such views are acceptable.

You are right Herbs. As I posted earlier today.

Cricket: Ollie Robinson suspended for his tweets from 8/9 years ago... by homer_123 7 Jun 2021 7:55
Indeed Steve.

I can't see how defending tweets from eight years ago around racism and sexism is remotely OK.

Anyone who suggests 'it's a different era' or 'he was only 18' misses the point entirely.

No one is perfect and, as you say, this being called out and short suspension seems appropriate but to ignore it altogether undermines the move to removing all forms of discrimination.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Keep politics out of sport on 13:02 - Jun 7 with 1626 views26_Paz

Keep politics out of sport on 12:44 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

If he wasn't keeping his head down to avoid Phil's banhammer you'd have [REDACTED] clutching his pearls at that one. You've gone too far, too far, sir!

I am sticking to football for a couple of weeks so as not to inflame the currently combustible situation. Comments like this are quite the opposite of the approach I am adopting.

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

Keep politics out of sport on 13:04 - Jun 7 with 1627 viewsHerbivore

Keep politics out of sport on 13:02 - Jun 7 by 26_Paz

I am sticking to football for a couple of weeks so as not to inflame the currently combustible situation. Comments like this are quite the opposite of the approach I am adopting.

I posted this in the general section so it seems you're not sticking to football threads. Please step away.

Keep politics out of sport on 13:06 - Jun 7 with 1600 views26_Paz

Keep politics out of sport on 13:04 - Jun 7 by Herbivore

I posted this in the general section so it seems you're not sticking to football threads. Please step away.

Commenting on football only, doesn’t mean I can’t read general

The Paz Man

Keep politics out of sport on 13:09 - Jun 7 with 1600 viewsHerbivore

Keep politics out of sport on 13:06 - Jun 7 by 26_Paz

Commenting on football only, doesn’t mean I can’t read general

I guess I must have imagined the two comments from you on this thread then.......

Keep politics out of sport on 13:14 - Jun 7 with 1553 views26_Paz

Keep politics out of sport on 13:09 - Jun 7 by Herbivore

I guess I must have imagined the two comments from you on this thread then.......

I thought I had the right to reply once specifically brought into it.

The Paz Man

Keep politics out of sport on 13:17 - Jun 7 with 1546 viewsSpruceMoose

Keep politics out of sport on 13:14 - Jun 7 by 26_Paz

I thought I had the right to reply once specifically brought into it.

Nobody mentioned you at all. Step carefully Paz... Phil is watching!

Keep politics out of sport on 13:20 - Jun 7 with 1513 views26_Paz

Keep politics out of sport on 13:17 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

Nobody mentioned you at all. Step carefully Paz... Phil is watching!

I would have thought he is smart enough to work out who the ‘redacted’ was that you were referring to.

The Paz Man

Keep politics out of sport on 13:20 - Jun 7 with 1528 viewswkj

Keep politics out of sport on 12:44 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

What is ol' BobbyDazzler up to these days anyway? This is just the type of thing he'd have been all over.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Keep politics out of sport on 13:20 - Jun 7 with 1513 viewsSpruceMoose

Keep politics out of sport on 13:20 - Jun 7 by 26_Paz

I would have thought he is smart enough to work out who the ‘redacted’ was that you were referring to.

Gav?

Keep politics out of sport on 13:22 - Jun 7 with 1508 viewsleitrimblue

Phew! That's a relief, thought for a minute you might be one of those racist morons who agree with booing the taking of the knee and didn't want to out yerself. Good to see yer just a very considerate chap who doesn't want to inflame the current combustible situation.
Keep politics out of sport on 13:22 - Jun 7 with 1501 viewsStokieBlue

Not sure about this.....

For the last week you've been implicitly upvoting posts which are clearly designed to inflame the situation. A few times I've replied to posters posting utter nonsense to then see your uppie against their post.

Not sure you can take the moral high ground whilst clearly taking this approach.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Keep politics out of sport on 13:23 - Jun 7 with 1479 viewsSpruceMoose

Keep politics out of sport on 13:22 - Jun 7 by StokieBlue

Not sure about this.....

For the last week you've been implicitly upvoting posts which are clearly designed to inflame the situation. A few times I've replied to posters posting utter nonsense to then see your uppie against their post.

Not sure you can take the moral high ground whilst clearly taking this approach.

SB

Well said, Sir.

Keep politics out of sport on 13:27 - Jun 7 with 1452 views26_Paz

Keep politics out of sport on 13:22 - Jun 7 by StokieBlue

Not sure about this.....

SB

I’ve up voted a few posts that I’ve agreed with. That’s not inflammatory in the slightest. If you take an issue with a post maybe start with whoever posted it rather than people who have like it.

The Paz Man

Keep politics out of sport on 13:38 - Jun 7 with 1419 viewsSpruceMoose

Keep politics out of sport on 13:27 - Jun 7 by 26_Paz

I’ve up voted a few posts that I’ve agreed with. That’s not inflammatory in the slightest. If you take an issue with a post maybe start with whoever posted it rather than people who have like it.

Just keep booing black people and stick to the football threads mate. Keep Paz out of politics I say!

Keep politics out of sport on 13:48 - Jun 7 with 1386 viewsBlueBadger

No, you're too much of a coward to be openly inflammatory. you're more the Richard Hammond of the Decent right, preferring to hide and snigger behind the Clarksons.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Keep politics out of sport on 14:06 - Jun 7 with 1338 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

The 'spat' that seems to be a continuous theme on these pages between one member with may I suggest right of centre leanings, and a number of so called left leaning scribes is getting rather tedious.
Self righteousness seems to abound at times and although I am more than aware of the political landscape on this forum, I am sure that many more would participate if it were not for the constant 'barracking'.
On the subject of the thread, ideally politics would be kept out of sport, but we are all hypocritical at times. An intervention by a politician is sometimes appreciated if it supports ones view!
Keep politics out of sport on 14:13 - Jun 7 with 1318 viewsStokieBlue

Clearly my post shows that I already took issue with the original posters in my replies.

However, I do think it's a bit rich to be stating that you're trying not to inflame things whilst clearly upvoting dubious and inflammatory views so you don't specifically need to post them yourself. You know that other posters will view who made the arrows so you also know that you can make your point without incurring the wrath of the admin and whilst also poking the people you want to poke.

To me, it's incredibly transparent. Perhaps I am wrong and it's not deliberate but it's certainly seemed that way to me over the past few days.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Keep politics out of sport on 14:14 - Jun 7 with 1297 viewsSpruceMoose

Keep politics out of sport on 14:06 - Jun 7 by Timefliesbyintheblue

The 'spat' that seems to be a continuous theme on these pages between one member with may I suggest right of centre leanings, and a number of so called left leaning scribes is getting rather tedious.
Self righteousness seems to abound at times and although I am more than aware of the political landscape on this forum, I am sure that many more would participate if it were not for the constant 'barracking'.
On the subject of the thread, ideally politics would be kept out of sport, but we are all hypocritical at times. An intervention by a politician is sometimes appreciated if it supports ones view!

Here it is! The dedicated lefty who supposedly switched to being a full time online Conservative troll at the ripe old age of 95.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Badly said, mate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024