Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... 08:24 - Jun 8 with 1557 viewsSomethingBlue

... about taking the knee/BLM etc.

Do people who voted him in not feel concerned that he spends so many hours, week after week, on matters unrelated to his constituents? It's very rare we hear him saying much about Ipswich — and much less that we see him doing anything.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 8:25]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 08:28 - Jun 8 with 1497 viewsfooters

I'd still like to know from any resident Tories what it is they're voting for exactly. Now that Brexit has been 'done' what does a Conservative vote mean these days? I've asked this several times before and no one seems to have an answer.

So, aside from sticking it to woke lefties and leaving the world's most affluent trading bloc for some odd reason, what are you voting for, TWTD Tories - what is your positive vision for the country and your life right now?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 08:29 - Jun 8 with 1491 viewspointofblue

The saddest and most worrying thing is a large swathe of constituents are probably happy that he is doing this.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 08:36 - Jun 8 with 1438 viewsSomethingBlue

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 08:28 - Jun 8 by footers

I'd still like to know from any resident Tories what it is they're voting for exactly. Now that Brexit has been 'done' what does a Conservative vote mean these days? I've asked this several times before and no one seems to have an answer.

So, aside from sticking it to woke lefties and leaving the world's most affluent trading bloc for some odd reason, what are you voting for, TWTD Tories - what is your positive vision for the country and your life right now?

They're saving us from Marxism!!!!!!!

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 08:41 - Jun 8 with 1405 viewsbluejacko

No football stories today then? Take it to general please!
Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 08:42 - Jun 8 with 1399 viewsSomethingBlue

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 08:41 - Jun 8 by bluejacko

No football stories today then? Take it to general please!

Cr8p — sorry.

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 09:32 - Jun 8 with 1272 viewsoldbluey

Sorry but my cat just jumped on my lap and down voted you in error!
He’s a great cat but a bit erratic at times!

Poll: Chopra - do you want him to stay or want him to go?

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 09:36 - Jun 8 with 1245 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 08:28 - Jun 8 by footers

Other than Brexit, I suspect most voted against the alternative rather than for anything. Good question though, as I've no idea what anyone sees in them either. So I'll await with baited breath for all the replies highlighting the positives they supposedly offer.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 09:39 - Jun 8 with 1229 viewsjayessess

such a massive downgrade on Sandy Martin, who, whatever you thought of his general politics, at least genuinely gave a sh#t about his community as more than just a canvas for race baiting.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 09:46 - Jun 8 with 1182 viewsthebooks

I’d imagine there are a few things Tory voters are happy with. There’s possibly a sense of “levelling up” post-austerity, getting things done — all this feeds into a sense of “regaining” some control over the country’s destiny.

The Tories do represent the self-interests of a section of homeowners and those who doesn’t have to work for the majority of their income. They tend to vote in numbers.

I’m probably over-optimistic that a lot of this cultural wars stuff is just noise to most people.
Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 09:46 - Jun 8 with 1179 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 09:36 - Jun 8 by Swansea_Blue

Other than Brexit, I suspect most voted against the alternative rather than for anything. Good question though, as I've no idea what anyone sees in them either. So I'll await with baited breath for all the replies highlighting the positives they supposedly offer.

Tax cuts for billionaires and keeping fuel duty low? That's about all I've got. Doubt I'll get any actual replies to that though.

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 09:48 - Jun 8 with 1151 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 09:32 - Jun 8 by oldbluey

Sorry but my cat just jumped on my lap and down voted you in error!
He’s a great cat but a bit erratic at times!

Your cat is clearly a racist, off with it’s head

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 09:53 - Jun 8 with 1128 viewsManchesterblue

Quite happy to give you an honest answer as a Tory voter,

Labour - what do they actually stand for, Starmer changes he stance each week and concentrates on attacking the government rather than making his own party more appealing, if Labour had a decent manifesto that people knew about, I would vote Labour.
Lib Dems ?, really.
Greens ?, whats the actual point.

I was always brought up to make sure I voted and its stuck with me throughout my adult life, so I will always vote and what's the point of spoiling my ballot paper,
Yes I voted for Brexit and stood my ground when being attacked on here for it, I would vote Brexit again and again. so the Torys got my vote for that, for which I am far from ashamed.
So there lies the reason I voted Tory, if things change and Labour become an appealing option, I will look at changing, until then, nothing will change.

See I haven't even mentioned Woke, Leftie or Remainer, but will still be attacked for my opinions or grammer.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 9:54]

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 09:55 - Jun 8 with 1113 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 09:46 - Jun 8 by thebooks

I’d imagine there are a few things Tory voters are happy with. There’s possibly a sense of “levelling up” post-austerity, getting things done — all this feeds into a sense of “regaining” some control over the country’s destiny.

The Tories do represent the self-interests of a section of homeowners and those who doesn’t have to work for the majority of their income. They tend to vote in numbers.

I’m probably over-optimistic that a lot of this cultural wars stuff is just noise to most people.

The levelling up is not a reality though, unfortunately. It's just empty bluster with the funds involved substantially (orders of magnitude) lower than the poorest areas used to receive through the EU Structural Funds, for example.

And austerity is still in full swing - see schools (although granted, there has been a loosening of the purse strings in some areas, but were' still not back to where we were when they took over in terms of public service numbers & performance, etc).

Themes of destiny and control are all very nebulous too once you get past the empty 3 word slogans. Maybe people are that shallow though.

I'm not sure what the the various party positions on things like second homes, capital gains tax and the like were in the last set of manifestos. So maybe there's something there? As a homeowner of about 20 years, I can't say I've noticed much change across different parties though.

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 09:58 - Jun 8 with 1094 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 09:53 - Jun 8 by Manchesterblue

Labour - what do they actually stand for, Starmer changes he stance each week and concentrates on attacking the government rather than making his own party more appealing, if Labour had a decent manifesto that people knew about, I would vote Labour.
Lib Dems ?, really.

I was always brought up to make sure I voted and its stuck with me throughout my adult life, so I will always vote and what's the point of spoiling my ballot paper,
Yes I voted for Brexit and stood my ground when being attacked on here for it, I would vote Brexit again and again. so the Torys got my vote for that, for which I am far from ashamed.
So there lies the reason I voted Tory, if things change and Labour become an appealing option, I will look at changing, until then, nothing will change.

See I haven't even mentioned Woke, Leftie or Remainer, but will still be attacked for my opinions or grammer.

So, no 'positive' reason aside from Brexit then?

Tbh, knowing your views on Brexit and other things, a Labour Party that appealed to you would scare the sh1t out of me.

And yes, your spelling, grammar and punctuation could use a little work.

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 10:01 - Jun 8 with 1074 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 09:53 - Jun 8 by Manchesterblue

Lib Dems ?, really.

I suspect you're not alone in voting against the alternatives rather than for the Tory offering (Brexit aside). I see that as a bit of a negative way to look at things, but each to their own (and I'm guilty too, as I'd vote for literally anyone over this version of the Tories because they are doing so much damage to our country). I do like to find something in the party I vote for that matches my values though, or at least try. It's not always easy as there are normally things I like and dislike in most manifestos.

Brexit's turned everything on its head - quite clever really. They've now secured a hyper partisan support base that will tolerate literally anything, including unnecessary deaths through government incompetence.

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 10:02 - Jun 8 with 1074 viewsScuzzer

I think you are just being selective to fit your own narrative.
Move along to general...there's a good boy/girl/nonbinary...etc.

Established 1968

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 11:11 - Jun 8 with 939 viewsthebooks

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 09:55 - Jun 8 by Swansea_Blue

The levelling up is not a reality though, unfortunately. It's just empty bluster with the funds involved substantially (orders of magnitude) lower than the poorest areas used to receive through the EU Structural Funds, for example.

And austerity is still in full swing - see schools (although granted, there has been a loosening of the purse strings in some areas, but were' still not back to where we were when they took over in terms of public service numbers & performance, etc).

Themes of destiny and control are all very nebulous too once you get past the empty 3 word slogans. Maybe people are that shallow though.

I'm not sure what the the various party positions on things like second homes, capital gains tax and the like were in the last set of manifestos. So maybe there's something there? As a homeowner of about 20 years, I can't say I've noticed much change across different parties though.

I’m not saying I agree with the Tories or that they are actually “levelling up” in any real sense. They are splashing some cash in fairly haphazard or tactical ways, though, often in marginal or former red wall seats.

As the Tory guy says above — if Labour offers nothing at all then it’s hardly surprising they’ll lose elections. Getting drawn into a culture war with lunatics like Hunt won’t achieve much, IMO.
Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 11:16 - Jun 8 with 908 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 11:11 - Jun 8 by thebooks

I’m not saying I agree with the Tories or that they are actually “levelling up” in any real sense. They are splashing some cash in fairly haphazard or tactical ways, though, often in marginal or former red wall seats.

As the Tory guy says above — if Labour offers nothing at all then it’s hardly surprising they’ll lose elections. Getting drawn into a culture war with lunatics like Hunt won’t achieve much, IMO.

Sorry, yes I realised you were making a case for it. I suppose their supporters will buy into the hype around it as well, so they will see it as a positive even if in reality the actual amounts available to poor regions has dropped significantly. Believing lies seems to be a prerequisite of being able to support this particular government after all.

Quite agree on the culture war nonsense. It get in the way of rational thought, which is exactly why they engage in it.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 11:16]

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 11:17 - Jun 8 with 891 viewsGiroJim

Shouldnt this be in the general forum ?
Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 11:29 - Jun 8 with 810 viewsSpruceMoose

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 11:17 - Jun 8 by GiroJim

Shouldnt this be in the general forum ?

Report it to Phil, don't read it, grow up and don't cry about it. Those are your three options.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 11:31 - Jun 8 with 802 viewsGiroJim

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 11:29 - Jun 8 by SpruceMoose

Report it to Phil, don't read it, grow up and don't cry about it. Those are your three options.

Do they excite you posting in the footie thread then ?
Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 11:37 - Jun 8 with 778 viewsSpruceMoose

Tom Hunt on Radio 4 this morning spewing garbage ... on 11:31 - Jun 8 by GiroJim

Do they excite you posting in the footie thread then ?

Why would they excite me? I'm a big boy with bodily autonomy who can decide not to click a thread that's clearly been posted in the wrong forum, and not some bovine booger eater unable to control either my finger or my emotions.

If it's so triggering that growing up isn't an option, or you can't control your finger or eyes making ignoring it impossible, then report it to Phil.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024