Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apple watch 15:25 - Jun 8 with 868 viewsBent_double

Anyone got one of these, the latest (series 6) model? Any good?

Thinking about buying one for my son, it's his 18th in a few weeks. He runs and goes to the gym at least 4 times a week so figure this might be good for him, he hasn't got any device at the moment, just apps on an iphone 11.

They seem pricey, starting at £380-odd, whereas there are seemly decent ones (Fitbit Charge 4) for just over the £100 mark, so is it just a case of paying for the name with Apple, or is it just better/worth it?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Apple watch on 15:29 - Jun 8 with 851 viewsFreoTown

I've owned a Garmin Fenix 5 and currently own an Apple Watch Series 6.

The Garmin is by far the better fitness/activity tracker (which I used for running, mountain biking, hiking etc) but I wanted a watch that would sync up with more of my devices so traded it in for the Apple Watch which still does a very good job.

Overall I'd be inclined to go for a Garmin (over Fitbit) if your son's focus is fitness but imagine they all do similar jobs these days. I own one and do not necessarily think an AW is worth the price.

ForeverTown

Apple watch on 15:31 - Jun 8 with 837 viewsStokieBlue

I don't really get Apple and Android watches as I've usually got my phone with me and I like traditional watches.

However I can certainly see the benefit for runners, if you don't want him to be able to use Apple Pay or anything like that then I would think it's would be better to get something like a Fitbit which is dedicated to what he would use it for.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Apple watch on 16:11 - Jun 8 with 775 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I have a series 6 watch and i love it. I don't exercise much but its great for making me look at my phone less and links up to my AirPods for music etc. They are expensive but last forever and they don't make you feel like you need to upgrade every year like phones do. I had the very first apple watch from day one up Jan this year, so six odd years.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Apple watch on 16:20 - Jun 8 with 761 viewsMetal_Hacker

Garmin Fenix if it’s purely for sports tracking etc. Had mine nearly 4 years now after using an Apple Watch. Best watch I’ve had for kicking my ass and keeping me active. Cycling , football , running etc - does it all
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 16:31]

Poll: If it were one or the other

Apple watch on 16:23 - Jun 8 with 757 viewsCotty

My missus went through about 4 fitbits before switching to a Garmin, extremely unreliable.
Apple watch on 16:45 - Jun 8 with 723 viewsblue62

I have the series 3 and love it, really good if youre into your fitness.

If you dont want to stump up for the 6 then have a look at the SE version, they all do pretty much the same thing.
Apple watch on 16:46 - Jun 8 with 721 viewsTown_Boy

100% yes. I’ve owned one since 1st gen to now the 6th. My wife never wore a watch and now she can’t live without having it on.

Very useful for exercise etc

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Apple watch on 17:04 - Jun 8 with 700 viewsEireannach_gorm

Got the older series 3 watch for my daughter last year. Half the price of the series 6 and seems to have all the basic requirements. There are two face sizes, 38mm & 42mm but the 38mm is big enough ( see its £199 in Argos ).
Login to get fewer ads

Apple watch on 17:04 - Jun 8 with 697 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Apple watch on 15:31 - Jun 8 by StokieBlue

I don't really get Apple and Android watches as I've usually got my phone with me and I like traditional watches.

However I can certainly see the benefit for runners, if you don't want him to be able to use Apple Pay or anything like that then I would think it's would be better to get something like a Fitbit which is dedicated to what he would use it for.

SB

Agree, I prefer a good Seiko, which you can get for £250. And it'll last for as long as you look after it.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Apple watch on 17:30 - Jun 8 with 676 viewsBent_double

So, as he's got an iphone is it best to go with the Apple watch or doesn't it really matter?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Apple watch on 17:45 - Jun 8 with 665 viewsfactual_blue

Apple watch on 17:30 - Jun 8 by Bent_double

So, as he's got an iphone is it best to go with the Apple watch or doesn't it really matter?

Yes.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024