Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Festivals This Summer. 10:07 - Jun 9 with 1349 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

One that caught my eye in August is the Sign of the Times shindig in Herts. Decent looking lineup including Adam Ant, Ash, Cast, Futureheads, Wilco Johnson among others. *
Anyone else heading to this or any other festivals this summer?

Things should be better by then hopefully, shouldn’t they?

*Echo and the Bunnymen also playing.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 10:43]

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Due to be going to..... on 10:14 - Jun 9 with 1322 viewsBloots

....a relatively small scale ska/mod "festival" in Chelmsford at the end of this month.

Bruce Foxton, Neville Staple, Duallers, various others.

Rearranged from last year, still touch and go I guess.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Due to be going to..... on 10:21 - Jun 9 with 1292 viewsSWGF

Due to be going to..... on 10:14 - Jun 9 by Bloots

....a relatively small scale ska/mod "festival" in Chelmsford at the end of this month.

Bruce Foxton, Neville Staple, Duallers, various others.

Rearranged from last year, still touch and go I guess.

Due to see Bruce Foxton in Colchester on 23rd June. Now potentially unlikely. Already been rescheduled twice.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

That's at the Arts Centre isn't it......? on 10:27 - Jun 9 with 1263 viewsBloots

Due to be going to..... on 10:21 - Jun 9 by SWGF

Due to see Bruce Foxton in Colchester on 23rd June. Now potentially unlikely. Already been rescheduled twice.

....going to struggle with it being indoors.

I'm still holding out hope for the Chelmsford show, but that may be a false hope.

Festivals This Summer. on 10:40 - Jun 9 with 1207 viewsMookamoo

Off to the Timber Festival in Derbyshire at the beginning of July. Had an email saying they are confident they can go ahead as it's outdoors and all social distancing etc is set up as if they will still be in Step 3 of the roadmap.

Indoor venues are all waiting to hear.
Festivals This Summer. on 10:41 - Jun 9 with 1197 viewsLevelTheLand

Beautiful Days (Frank Turner, James, Levellers, Hawkwind, NMA, Skindred) and Maui Waui (Dub Pistols, Goldie Lookin' Chain) are both still set to go ahead, but I'm still expecting them to be postponed again.
That's at the Arts Centre isn't it......? on 10:43 - Jun 9 with 1184 viewsSWGF

That's at the Arts Centre isn't it......? on 10:27 - Jun 9 by Bloots

....going to struggle with it being indoors.

I'm still holding out hope for the Chelmsford show, but that may be a false hope.

Yeah....Blockheads in December *should* be OK (as long as they're not all shielding!)

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

That's at the Arts Centre isn't it......? on 10:48 - Jun 9 with 1163 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

That's at the Arts Centre isn't it......? on 10:43 - Jun 9 by SWGF

Yeah....Blockheads in December *should* be OK (as long as they're not all shielding!)

Still hoping to get to An Evening With John Lydon in September at the Apex that was postponed from last Autumn.
Fingers crossed.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 11:33]

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Festivals This Summer. on 10:49 - Jun 9 with 1154 viewsKTBlue

cheers for that, looks a good shout. will look into it. Was thinking of seaching a decent one out.
Login to get fewer ads

Ha! Yeah I had tickets for.... on 10:56 - Jun 9 with 1128 viewsBloots

That's at the Arts Centre isn't it......? on 10:43 - Jun 9 by SWGF

...The Who last year.

They just cancelled, didn't even bother rescheduling.

You never know at their age.

Festivals This Summer. on 11:59 - Jun 9 with 1051 viewsTonytown

May I suggest watching Peter Hook & the Light which will be a Joy Division/New Order set plus The Wedding Present as well.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 12:01]
Festivals This Summer. on 12:01 - Jun 9 with 1044 viewsDubtractor

I've got tickets for Green man festival in Wales, carried over from last year. Its the middle of August so hopeful that it will happen.

Will prob do one day of latitude as the line up looks decent beyond the main stage.

Lack of gigs and festivals has utterly decimated my social life. To say I'm keen to get back to normality is an understatement!

I had 10 or so gigs already booked when this all kicked off last year, most have been rescheduled 3 or 4 times now, with others cancelled.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 12:10]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Festivals This Summer. on 12:05 - Jun 9 with 1032 viewsKTBlue

Festivals This Summer. on 11:59 - Jun 9 by Tonytown

May I suggest watching Peter Hook & the Light which will be a Joy Division/New Order set plus The Wedding Present as well.

yep was going to see them last year (PH) but was cancelled for obviosu reasons
Festivals This Summer. on 12:20 - Jun 9 with 1001 viewsGiant_Midget

Latitude, local and the line up looks okay. I think it'll be the first properly normal thing I've done for a long while.
Festivals This Summer. on 12:25 - Jun 9 with 988 viewsFoD_Blue

Due to do Steelhouse Festival in Ebbw Vale late July, hoping it still goes ahead.
Headliners are Europe and The Darkness. Includes two of my favourite bands on the lineup, The Wildhearts and Therapy? Also has Black Spiders returning, who I last saw on their farewell tour a few years back.
Festivals This Summer. on 12:40 - Jun 9 with 974 viewsDubtractor

On the festival front, sound city ipswich have just announced some more acts. This is an incredible line up for ipswich, and cheap as chips too.

https://soundcityipswich.co.uk/

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Festivals This Summer. on 12:45 - Jun 9 with 965 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Festivals This Summer. on 11:59 - Jun 9 by Tonytown

Yes, another couple of decent acts.
When I was telling Mrs SSB the lineup, she was absolutely convinced Peter Hook was no longer with us and who were Ash, Cast and Wilco Johnson.
Think I’ll go ahead and book it.

Festivals This Summer. on 14:03 - Jun 9 with 926 viewsMookamoo

Festivals This Summer. on 12:40 - Jun 9 by Dubtractor

On the festival front, sound city ipswich have just announced some more acts. This is an incredible line up for ipswich, and cheap as chips too.

Our tickets for SoundCity last year is now valid on the Friday. If that doesn't go ahead then something has gone very wrong.

Just been emailed by tickets for Timber (2nd-4th July) so they seem good to go.
Festivals This Summer. on 19:20 - Jun 9 with 854 viewsKeaneish

I’ll be doing BoomTown. The main festival is cancelled but they’ve got a licence to hold it for crew and friends up to 8,000 people. Quite fancy Green Man - never been but heard good things.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Festivals This Summer. on 10:58 - Jun 20 with 621 viewssteve111

Festivals This Summer. on 10:41 - Jun 9 by LevelTheLand

Beautiful Days (Frank Turner, James, Levellers, Hawkwind, NMA, Skindred) and Maui Waui (Dub Pistols, Goldie Lookin' Chain) are both still set to go ahead, but I'm still expecting them to be postponed again.

Hi ,not an Ipswich fan ,Bristol City in fact ,was on here looking for something else when I saw your name . Me and my Mrs massive Levs fans ,always do BD,s .Fingers and everthing else crossed it goes ahead . Had so much music cancelled last 15 months really miss it . I expect you have too .Heres hoping for a better second half of the year .
Cheers
Steve
Festivals This Summer. on 11:11 - Jun 20 with 595 viewshoppy

Festivals This Summer. on 12:40 - Jun 9 by Dubtractor

I’d got the ticket from last year carried over for the Friday, and as soon as they announced it was going to be a 2-day event, got the Saturday ticket straight away when they went on sale.

Then the Monday immediately after that should be a rearranged Fontaines DC gig in Cambridge.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Festivals This Summer. on 11:21 - Jun 20 with 584 viewsbrazil1982

Booked latitude, organisers remain hopeful...
Festivals This Summer. on 13:04 - Jun 20 with 552 viewsWeWereZombies

Hoping FolkEast is OK, they have rearranged things so all outdoors...so hoping the weather is OK too. Wickham and Cropredy look interesting but trying to work out logistics with other things is proving difficult.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024