Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Wyke 15:37 - Jun 9 with 3182 viewsWallingford_Boy

4 Championship clubs, Celtic, CSKA Moscow and.... Ipswich talking with him.

Wonder who he will choose?

RIP Sir Bobby

Charlie Wyke on 15:40 - Jun 9 with 3099 viewsHciwspi

I would guess Celtic
Charlie Wyke on 15:41 - Jun 9 with 3085 viewshype313

Clearly won't come here, but to be honest I wouldn't be that fussed if he didn't.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Charlie Wyke on 15:42 - Jun 9 with 3060 viewsHerbivore

I make us strong favourites.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Charlie Wyke on 15:42 - Jun 9 with 3054 viewsitfcjoe

Strikes me as a player who is going to sign a decent 3 year deal somewhere and end up doing buggar all

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Charlie Wyke on 15:43 - Jun 9 with 3032 viewsKieran_Knows

Charlie Wyke on 15:42 - Jun 9 by itfcjoe

Strikes me as a player who is going to sign a decent 3 year deal somewhere and end up doing buggar all

I thought the same. I suspect the most money would come from CSKA, and a chance to play European Football.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Charlie Wyke on 15:53 - Jun 9 with 2862 viewscooperd5

Charlie Wyke on 15:41 - Jun 9 by hype313

Clearly won't come here, but to be honest I wouldn't be that fussed if he didn't.

me neither. Thought he looked decent at Bradford City but went elsewhere, ended up at Sunderland where the fans slated him.... until this year.
Charlie Wyke on 15:53 - Jun 9 with 2859 viewshoppy

Charlie Wyke on 15:43 - Jun 9 by Kieran_Knows

I thought the same. I suspect the most money would come from CSKA, and a chance to play European Football.

If it's a 3 years deal with an option for an extra year, he could be playing European football if he came to us, of course.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Charlie Wyke on 15:54 - Jun 9 with 2834 viewsclive_baker

Charlie Wyke on 15:42 - Jun 9 by itfcjoe

I thought the same, and fair play to him. At 28 and off the back of his first truly standout season to date in his career, he'll never get a better opportunity to cash his chips. Take the 3 year, £10k a week deal from Celtic and be sensible with it Charlie.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Wyke on 15:58 - Jun 9 with 2753 viewsTrumptonBlue

Charlie Wyke on 15:53 - Jun 9 by cooperd5

me neither. Thought he looked decent at Bradford City but went elsewhere, ended up at Sunderland where the fans slated him.... until this year.

Even this year he blotted his copybook by missing an open goal and then losing his man for the decisive goal in the play-off semi-final.
Charlie Wyke on 15:58 - Jun 9 with 2751 viewstractorboy1978

Charlie Wyke on 15:54 - Jun 9 by clive_baker

I thought the same, and fair play to him. At 28 and off the back of his first truly standout season to date in his career, he'll never get a better opportunity to cash his chips. Take the 3 year, £10k a week deal from Celtic and be sensible with it Charlie.

I just hope we aren't the ones that offer silly money.
Charlie Wyke on 15:59 - Jun 9 with 2735 viewsitfcjoe

Charlie Wyke on 15:54 - Jun 9 by clive_baker

Nearly every goal was a one touch finish this season - and most teams don't have a player of McGeady's quality delivering the ball.

He was excellent, scored some good goals - but doesn't look to me like a player who has worked it all out rather one that just had a hot streak

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Charlie Wyke on 16:01 - Jun 9 with 2684 viewschrismakin

Charlie Wyke on 15:58 - Jun 9 by tractorboy1978

I just hope we aren't the ones that offer silly money.

Is this a TWTD/EADT linked player or an online one? as although I like Wykes, I can't actually seeing him being on PC's wanted list considering we have Norwood a like for like striker and past strikers of PC do tend to have better mobility attributes which Wykes doesn't really have.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 16:04]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Charlie Wyke on 16:04 - Jun 9 with 2625 viewspositivity

Charlie Wyke on 15:53 - Jun 9 by hoppy

If it's a 3 years deal with an option for an extra year, he could be playing European football if he came to us, of course.

don't be defeatist, we'll win the fa cup next year, so he won't have to wait that long...

assuming we win the uefa cup the year after, he'l be in the champions league in 2 and a bit years

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Charlie Wyke on 16:07 - Jun 9 with 2570 viewsclive_baker

Charlie Wyke on 15:59 - Jun 9 by itfcjoe

Nearly every goal was a one touch finish this season - and most teams don't have a player of McGeady's quality delivering the ball.

He was excellent, scored some good goals - but doesn't look to me like a player who has worked it all out rather one that just had a hot streak

He definitely looked street wise. He bullied McGuinness from start to finish at PR, I lost count of the number of cheap freekicks he won them that night just by backing in, literally from the first one on about 2 minutes just outside the box, but fair play. Disciplined, physical, wily, and stuck the ball in the net more often than not when he got a chance. Just a handful, but nothing that suggested he'll flourish at a higher level IMO. He to League 1 is what Daryl Murphy was to the Championship.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Charlie Wyke on 16:38 - Jun 9 with 2212 viewsSitfcB

He’s currently away on holiday thinking about it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Charlie Wyke on 16:39 - Jun 9 with 2205 viewsdirtyboy

Charlie Wyke on 15:59 - Jun 9 by itfcjoe

Exactly my opinions, sounds mental, but i'm really not fussed on him at all.

McGeady is a sublime player and I think most reasonable forwards would bag 20+ in the team Wyke was in.

I just pray Norwood stays injury free, because I think he's got plenty of goals in him with decent service and would be happy if he's starting next season.
Charlie Wyke on 16:42 - Jun 9 with 2157 viewsNazemariner

Every Sunderland fan you speak to ill tell you that he is two bob. 31 goals suggest otherwise, but i don't think we'd be missing out on much if he were to go elsewhere.
Charlie Wyke on 17:24 - Jun 9 with 1798 viewsdirtyboy

Charlie Wyke on 16:07 - Jun 9 by clive_baker

He definitely looked street wise. He bullied McGuinness from start to finish at PR, I lost count of the number of cheap freekicks he won them that night just by backing in, literally from the first one on about 2 minutes just outside the box, but fair play. Disciplined, physical, wily, and stuck the ball in the net more often than not when he got a chance. Just a handful, but nothing that suggested he'll flourish at a higher level IMO. He to League 1 is what Daryl Murphy was to the Championship.

Jesus, just made me think back to how good Murphy was in THAT season.

What i'd give for a player like him again...go on...you know you want to

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024