Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking 21:53 - Jun 9 with 2508 viewsxrayspecs

for the season ahead, then not really a surprise that PC has told the current squad they can leave.

Onwards and upwards.
If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 21:58 - Jun 9 with 2409 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I reckon there is better to come as well. If we get Crooks as well were laughing.
If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 22:07 - Jun 9 with 2329 viewsxrayspecs

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 21:58 - Jun 9 by abracaDOBRA_

I reckon there is better to come as well. If we get Crooks as well were laughing.

I agree. There will be bigger targets who will want to see the talk being translated into signings before being convinced.

Phil is going to be very busy this summer.
If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 22:57 - Jun 9 with 2109 viewsITFC_Jenx

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 22:07 - Jun 9 by xrayspecs

I agree. There will be bigger targets who will want to see the talk being translated into signings before being convinced.

Phil is going to be very busy this summer.

Harper comes then I see more players being convinced of the project and signing up.
If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 23:01 - Jun 9 with 2062 viewspointofblue

I think most fans thought, at the end of the season, if Vincent-Young, Woolfenden, Downes and Dobra were incorporated into a squad full of remaining signings then we’d be in good shape and I don’t think that’s really changed. Saying that, they may be becoming more back ups than starters by each passing day.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 07:32 - Jun 10 with 1577 viewsVic

Agreed. With each signing of this caliber players like Flynn seem less essential to keep.

That said, I still think it’s a shame that PC doesn’t back himself to coach the existing players to improve sufficiently.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 07:39 - Jun 10 with 1516 viewssaffers12

Agree was thinking the same last night
If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 07:46 - Jun 10 with 1450 viewschicoazul

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 07:32 - Jun 10 by Vic

Agreed. With each signing of this caliber players like Flynn seem less essential to keep.

That said, I still think it’s a shame that PC doesn’t back himself to coach the existing players to improve sufficiently.

He wants a complete break from the failures of the last few years and Ashton agrees with him. They would get rid of everyone apart from KVY if they could.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 07:54 - Jun 10 with 1403 viewsReuser_is_God

Maybe people can stop crying about Dozzell going now.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 08:26 - Jun 10 with 1173 viewsbobbyramsey

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 07:32 - Jun 10 by Vic

I don't think FD's heart is really in it, he appears particularly ambivalent most of the time.
If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 08:28 - Jun 10 with 1151 viewsVic

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 07:46 - Jun 10 by chicoazul

He wants a complete break from the failures of the last few years and Ashton agrees with him. They would get rid of everyone apart from KVY if they could.

I don’t doubt that for one minute. I still think it’s a shame that for whatever reason he doesn’t have the inclination, time or the desire (whichever it is) to invest in at least some of that younger group of players and develop them into what surely some of them have the potential to be.

I know my opinion is clouded by the fact that they have come through the academy and it’s probably my character to be patient with people and give everything I have to help them be the best they can be - I struggle to simply cast people off for any reason, I’m a sucker for giving people the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes (often) it comes back to bite me but most times people are hugely grateful for it. So I just feel it’s a shame that for whatever reason this crop of young players haven’t been given the opportunity with us to put the past behind them and develop alongside the new crop of players we’ll have come in. Because I’m sure that one or two of them really do have the ability to shine in a better environment than Lambert created.

Not saying PC is wrong, just that I personally would have preferred him to go about the business of turning the club round in a different way.

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 08:29 - Jun 10 with 1138 viewsMach_foreignBlue

'That said, I still think it’s a shame that PC doesn’t back himself to coach the existing players to improve sufficiently'.

Lmao ! By how? By begging them on his knees to work harder on the training pitch for example? Allegedly they were sent back home for not willing to do so last April.

All we've been told is just happening that's radical changes and long may it continue.
If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 08:30 - Jun 10 with 1128 viewssaffers12

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 08:29 - Jun 10 by Mach_foreignBlue

'That said, I still think it’s a shame that PC doesn’t back himself to coach the existing players to improve sufficiently'.

Lmao ! By how? By begging them on his knees to work harder on the training pitch for example? Allegedly they were sent back home for not willing to do so last April.

All we've been told is just happening that's radical changes and long may it continue.

could not agree more

All the current players have had more than a decent opportunity to do better than they have
If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 08:31 - Jun 10 with 1125 viewslazyblue

These players we have had the last few years have failed on too many levels now and seem shot to bits with the decline, Cook Is not stupid and has seen how they reacted which really was no reaction!!
If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 08:35 - Jun 10 with 1084 viewsVic

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 08:29 - Jun 10 by Mach_foreignBlue

By giving them time! I think they have been seriously damaged by the Lambert way of doing things. They need time in a different environment to see that things can be better when they’re done differently. They will find this out when they move to another club. Personally I think it’s a shame that they havent been given the chance to experience this here at ITFC, because I have no doubt that PC and the new owners will create a very different environment than what we’ve had for the past however many years - even going back to micks time, where success was stability and not getting relegated. It’s been years since our club had a serious winning mentality and I believe that this is what PC, Ashton, etc, will bring.

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 08:43 - Jun 10 with 1035 viewsfooters

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 08:35 - Jun 10 by Vic

By giving them time! I think they have been seriously damaged by the Lambert way of doing things. They need time in a different environment to see that things can be better when they’re done differently. They will find this out when they move to another club. Personally I think it’s a shame that they havent been given the chance to experience this here at ITFC, because I have no doubt that PC and the new owners will create a very different environment than what we’ve had for the past however many years - even going back to micks time, where success was stability and not getting relegated. It’s been years since our club had a serious winning mentality and I believe that this is what PC, Ashton, etc, will bring.

Most of them were on the beach by the end of last season. Sorry, but had enough of the excuses from them. And if what Joe said about Chambers is right, then it's indicative of what's been rotten at this club for some time. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

No more excuses, no more 'we go again', no more fecking fist pumps - time for players to come in who'll play for the shirt and give it their all on the pitch.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 08:45 - Jun 10 with 1023 viewsMach_foreignBlue

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 08:35 - Jun 10 by Vic

Our fixture list was quite kind in the last two months of the season. We played good number of relegation threatened teams so they had an opportunity to impress him.

However if they found it hard against Rochdale, Wimbledon, Northampton they could have at least impressed him by their professional attitude. And they didn't. Aforementioned unwillingness to work harder on the training pitch, Cook saying the mood in the changing room is the same whether we win or lose etc etc. We can multiply the facts. There is no excuse for that. Ipswich had been an easy payday for some of these 'professional footballers' for years. It's all over. Evans' era is over.

Cook has been showing no mercy to them and he ought to be saluted for that.
If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 09:01 - Jun 10 with 967 viewsVic

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 08:45 - Jun 10 by Mach_foreignBlue

Our fixture list was quite kind in the last two months of the season. We played good number of relegation threatened teams so they had an opportunity to impress him.

However if they found it hard against Rochdale, Wimbledon, Northampton they could have at least impressed him by their professional attitude. And they didn't. Aforementioned unwillingness to work harder on the training pitch, Cook saying the mood in the changing room is the same whether we win or lose etc etc. We can multiply the facts. There is no excuse for that. Ipswich had been an easy payday for some of these 'professional footballers' for years. It's all over. Evans' era is over.

Cook has been showing no mercy to them and he ought to be saluted for that.

I agree with much of that! I guess though I wish he could have seen enough raw potential in a few of the younger ones to have been willing to have shown them mercy and given them time among the new group of players to get a different mindset.

I agree with footers comments about Chambers’s - I was really disappointed with his attitude and comments post leaving (and have posted such on here). I think getting rid of him and a load of the other hangers on whilst keeping some of the youngesters to give them a chance would have given them the chance to be the best they can be here instead of binning them off for other clubs to benefit from. Personally I suspect the decision to bin them is down to time - the need to get up and out of this league ASAP. A sad side effect is that there is not space for mercy!

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 09:08 - Jun 10 with 913 viewsfooters

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 09:01 - Jun 10 by Vic

I agree with much of that! I guess though I wish he could have seen enough raw potential in a few of the younger ones to have been willing to have shown them mercy and given them time among the new group of players to get a different mindset.

I agree with footers comments about Chambers’s - I was really disappointed with his attitude and comments post leaving (and have posted such on here). I think getting rid of him and a load of the other hangers on whilst keeping some of the youngesters to give them a chance would have given them the chance to be the best they can be here instead of binning them off for other clubs to benefit from. Personally I suspect the decision to bin them is down to time - the need to get up and out of this league ASAP. A sad side effect is that there is not space for mercy!

Agree on that. Think disappointed really is the word as I used to hold him in hard regard - but it's a bit difficult to do that now. Still respect what he's given the club over the years but to just have left and then start pulling the new manager down really isn't great and tbh stinks a bit of sour grapes.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 09:09 - Jun 10 with 910 viewsbobbyramsey

"They will find this out when they move to another club. Personally I think it’s a shame that they havent been given the chance to experience this here at ITFC,"

They were given the chance to be part of the future at ITFC but for some reason they all decided to sh1t on Paul Cook from a very great height........
If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 09:13 - Jun 10 with 862 viewsNazemariner

The signings certainly appear to be decent, but having only ever seen highlight reels i'm not going to get over excited just yet.

Bring in a good striker and a bruising centre back, and i'll start to believe again.

COYB!
If Burns, Evans and Harper are indicative of the quality we are seeking on 09:41 - Jun 10 with 749 viewsRadioOrwell

<Maybe the existing players arn't good enough.

You've seen the league table right ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024