Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co 07:21 - Jun 10 with 1621 viewsMenton

Jesus, get a hold on yourselves. Is it not a bit early for the grovelling ‘thanks for giving me my club back’ messages?

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 07:23 - Jun 10 with 1591 viewsfooters

Wait till some people find out that venture capitalists are all about money.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 07:23 - Jun 10 with 1586 viewshomer_123

are they the same ones that were fawning over Lambert early doors?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 07:36 - Jun 10 with 1496 viewsBABLUE

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 07:23 - Jun 10 by footers

Wait till some people find out that venture capitalists are all about money.

But they are painting the stand
These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 08:14 - Jun 10 with 1342 viewsSWGF

I don't know whether it's sycophantic, desperate or needy.

In any case, it's bloody weird.

"Thank you so much for giving me back my club. I've now bought a ST for the first time in years", just for a "like" so you can tell people you're best mates with an owner.

Well, bully for you. Some of us have been putting up with this sh1t for years and continue to do so without needing a fanfare or pat on the back.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 08:18 - Jun 10 with 1302 viewsFunge

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 08:14 - Jun 10 by SWGF

"Thank you so much for giving me back my club. I've now bought a ST for the first time in years", just for a "like" so you can tell people you're best mates with an owner.

Well, bully for you. Some of us have been putting up with this sh1t for years and continue to do so without needing a fanfare or pat on the back.

Heh, good post.

Promising early signs from the new regime, but, let's face it, the bar was desperately, desperately low under ME.

If we're a league higher in 12 months, then that would be a pretty good measure of successful ownership.
These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 08:24 - Jun 10 with 1239 viewsDanTheMan

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 08:18 - Jun 10 by Funge

Heh, good post.

Promising early signs from the new regime, but, let's face it, the bar was desperately, desperately low under ME.

If we're a league higher in 12 months, then that would be a pretty good measure of successful ownership.

It's got so rubbish I'd take the playoffs at this point.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 08:24 - Jun 10 with 1242 viewsSteve_M

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 08:18 - Jun 10 by Funge

Heh, good post.

It's the new running round Carrow Road waving money at the home fans, an assumption that everything is suddenly brilliant at the club even though nothing has been achieved yet. That fell into very angry disenchantment very quickly and I do have confidence that ITFC will be more successful over the next few years but....

There was a similar wave of excitement when Mick left and Evans did a soft TV 'interview' and then appointed Hurst. We had weeks of 'the football is ten times better than McCarthy' even though it was obviously flawed.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 08:28 - Jun 10 with 1200 viewslazyblue

Totally agree, it’s a bit desperate.
Login to get fewer ads

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 08:30 - Jun 10 with 1180 viewsBondiBlue

How many times have we 'had our club back' now since relegation from the prem? Evans surely gave it back when he bought us, hurst definitely gave it back, lambert gave it back, now the americans. Didn't mick give it back as well? I'm so grateful someone comes along every couple of years and hands me a football club. Running out of space in the shed to keep them though.

Poll: Which would you accept?

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 08:40 - Jun 10 with 1132 viewshomer_123

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 08:24 - Jun 10 by DanTheMan

It's got so rubbish I'd take the playoffs at this point.

14th?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 08:53 - Jun 10 with 1069 viewsCheltenham_Blue

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 08:28 - Jun 10 by lazyblue

Totally agree, it’s a bit desperate.

I think its just symptomatic of being unable to communicate with the club at any level for the last 14 years.

And now, suddenly we have owners, and senior members of staff willing to not only communicate, but to respond directly to fans. So some fans, are:

a) Spunking themselves over it.
b) Desperate to be Brett and Co's new British best mates.
c) All of the above

I swear that some are convinced that when they get over here from the states, Brett and Co are going to stay in their Ipswich themed spare room, and appear on a podcast live from their front room.

Leave them to it I say, but all thats going to happen is, the communication is going to dry up, especially when we inevitably go through a rough patch and they start getting tagged in posts slagging off Cook and/or players.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 09:20 - Jun 10 with 970 viewsdavblue

I saw someone Twitter thanking Johnson for ‘bringing back the good times’ I had to question that as it’s completely over the top .
These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 09:49 - Jun 10 with 862 viewsSWGF

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 09:20 - Jun 10 by davblue

I saw someone Twitter thanking Johnson for ‘bringing back the good times’ I had to question that as it’s completely over the top .

Maybe their "good times" are defined by seeing an American wearing a Town scarf

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 09:53 - Jun 10 with 839 viewsdavblue

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 09:49 - Jun 10 by SWGF

Maybe their "good times" are defined by seeing an American wearing a Town scarf

I’ll take Messi in an Ipswich shirt as the good times being back.
These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 10:15 - Jun 10 with 778 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 08:24 - Jun 10 by Steve_M

It's the new running round Carrow Road waving money at the home fans, an assumption that everything is suddenly brilliant at the club even though nothing has been achieved yet. That fell into very angry disenchantment very quickly and I do have confidence that ITFC will be more successful over the next few years but....

There was a similar wave of excitement when Mick left and Evans did a soft TV 'interview' and then appointed Hurst. We had weeks of 'the football is ten times better than McCarthy' even though it was obviously flawed.

And when Lambert arrived and said some nice things about the club and fans...

And when Cook arrived and was a bit lively in the stands at Accrington and said what everyone wanted to hear about the players...

Plenty more before that too (5 point plan), no doubt many I’ve forgotten

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 10:45 - Jun 10 with 700 viewsSteve_M

These people tweeting Brett Johnson and co on 10:15 - Jun 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

And when Lambert arrived and said some nice things about the club and fans...

And when Cook arrived and was a bit lively in the stands at Accrington and said what everyone wanted to hear about the players...

Plenty more before that too (5 point plan), no doubt many I’ve forgotten

I think my favourite moment of the Evans-era for hubris was the team being applauded out as if we had won the league before Roy Keane's first home match in charge.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024