Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gwion Edwards 10:39 - Jun 10 with 4201 viewsNazemariner

Football fans never fail to amaze me.

He was one of few players in the squad that could beat a man, put in a cross, and contribute with his fair share of goals, yet many are glad to see the back of him.

If we can bring in a better player to replace him then great, but that is far from guaranteed. And the suggestion that players whom we have barely even see play are superior to him, just beggars belief.
Gwion Edwards on 10:39 - Jun 10 with 2509 viewstractorboy1978

We've already signed a better player than him.
Gwion Edwards on 10:40 - Jun 10 with 2492 viewsTractorCam

Presume you stopped watching games in November?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Gwion Edwards on 10:41 - Jun 10 with 2465 viewsNazemariner

Gwion Edwards on 10:39 - Jun 10 by tractorboy1978

We've already signed a better player than him.

Have we?

I hope you're right, but we won't know that for sure for a while yet. Besides, we need a squad of good players to be successful.
Gwion Edwards on 10:43 - Jun 10 with 2439 viewsNazemariner

Gwion Edwards on 10:40 - Jun 10 by TractorCam

Presume you stopped watching games in November?

More often than not, when we played well, Edwards played well.

Granted that was not very often.
Gwion Edwards on 10:44 - Jun 10 with 2432 viewsBondiBlue

He can only beat a man by pushing it past him and running fast. Very one-dimensional and hopeless in tight spaces. I can't remember ever seeing him putting in a decent cross. Works hard and can finish though and i'm guessing that's why cook offered him a new contract. Time to take a punt on someone else for me.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Gwion Edwards on 10:45 - Jun 10 with 2396 viewsN2_Blue

Are you sure you were watching Gwion Edwards!?

He really has been nothing special at all. The occasional ok game and goal but seriously if you think Edwards is the type of player we should be persevering with you obviously want Town to be in L1 for the foreseeable future.

Edwards in a bang average L1 player...we need far better and are signing better...if you don't believe Burns is superior then yes you haven't seen him but many of us have because we take an interest in football outside of PR

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Gwion Edwards on 10:48 - Jun 10 with 2355 viewsNazemariner

Gwion Edwards on 10:45 - Jun 10 by N2_Blue

He really has been nothing special at all. The occasional ok game and goal but seriously if you think Edwards is the type of player we should be persevering with you obviously want Town to be in L1 for the foreseeable future.

Edwards in a bang average L1 player...we need far better and are signing better...if you don't believe Burns is superior then yes you haven't seen him but many of us have because we take an interest in football outside of PR

Were you a McGoldrick hater by any chance?
Gwion Edwards on 10:49 - Jun 10 with 2339 viewsjayessess

Incredibly inconsistent, technically very poor and 14 goals in 3 seasons isn't a "fair share" for a forward.

He was likely one of the best paid wingers in the division and was 60th for dribbles completed, 49th for crosses completed and 100th for chance creation.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Gwion Edwards on 10:50 - Jun 10 with 2317 viewsN2_Blue

Gwion Edwards on 10:48 - Jun 10 by Nazemariner

WTF!?

He was one of my favourite players at the time!

I'd like to know your reasoning here.

Please don't tell me you are even dare comparing Edwards with McGoldrick...please! Not fit to lace his boots

Gwion Edwards on 10:51 - Jun 10 with 2301 viewsKeaneish

I think, “beat a man and put a cross in” is a stretch. By the end of the season he was running blind avenues and hitting the first man at every attempt.

He’s a little underwhelming - there are better out there.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Gwion Edwards on 10:52 - Jun 10 with 2277 viewsNazemariner

Gwion Edwards on 10:45 - Jun 10 by N2_Blue

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Just because i see a player differently to what appears to be vocal majority, doesn't mean i don't want success for the club i have supported all my life.

I've seen Burns play a couple of times, and he looks good, but if he was the player some are suggesting he wouldn't be plying his trade in League 1 at the age of 26.
Gwion Edwards on 10:55 - Jun 10 with 2245 viewsNazemariner

Gwion Edwards on 10:50 - Jun 10 by N2_Blue

WTF!?

He was one of my favourite players at the time!

I'd like to know your reasoning here.

Please don't tell me you are even dare comparing Edwards with McGoldrick...please! Not fit to lace his boots

Definitely not comparing the two.

The point i was trying to make is that a large number of fans were hapy to see him go, and how did that work out?
Gwion Edwards on 10:57 - Jun 10 with 2227 viewsmrshallisfit

Gwion Edwards on 10:48 - Jun 10 by Nazemariner

Ehhhhhh. McGoldrick was just a bit better than Edwards. just a bit....
Gwion Edwards on 11:02 - Jun 10 with 2169 viewsMrTown

I nearly spat me coffee out when you said he can put a cross.

He puts a cross in, in to the Sir Alf or Sir Bobby.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 11:03]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Gwion Edwards on 11:04 - Jun 10 with 2155 viewsNazemariner

Yet it seems that PC wanted to keep him and offered him a contract?
Gwion Edwards on 11:05 - Jun 10 with 2144 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I would prefer to keep him. But if he's been offered a new contract and chosen Wigan, it kind of suggests he doesn't want to be here any longer so good luck to him.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Gwion Edwards on 11:06 - Jun 10 with 2145 viewsN2_Blue

Gwion Edwards on 10:55 - Jun 10 by Nazemariner

Definitely not comparing the two.

The point i was trying to make is that a large number of fans were hapy to see him go, and how did that work out?

I don't really recall anyone happy for McGoldrick to go, certainly not a large number of fans as you suggest. Yes many were frustrated that he couldn't get fit and he missed so many games, but he was incredibly talented and actually very glad he got his PL chance before his career finished as he deserved that. Had he been blessed with pace he'd have played all his career in the PL I expect.

Gwion Edwards on 11:08 - Jun 10 with 2128 viewsN2_Blue

Gwion Edwards on 10:52 - Jun 10 by Nazemariner

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Just because i see a player differently to what appears to be vocal majority, doesn't mean i don't want success for the club i have supported all my life.

I've seen Burns play a couple of times, and he looks good, but if he was the player some are suggesting he wouldn't be plying his trade in League 1 at the age of 26.

If you say so....i'd say the following you put in your original post is just as ridiculous:

"And the suggestion that players whom we have barely even see play are superior to him, just beggars belief"

Why does that beggar belief in your opinion?

Gwion Edwards on 11:09 - Jun 10 with 2125 viewsNazemariner

Gwion Edwards on 11:06 - Jun 10 by N2_Blue

I don't really recall anyone happy for McGoldrick to go, certainly not a large number of fans as you suggest. Yes many were frustrated that he couldn't get fit and he missed so many games, but he was incredibly talented and actually very glad he got his PL chance before his career finished as he deserved that. Had he been blessed with pace he'd have played all his career in the PL I expect.

Couldn't agree more, but there were many on here who were more than happy to see him go.
Gwion Edwards on 11:09 - Jun 10 with 2121 viewscvillageblue

Even with my default setting of defending very Welsh speaking player (os which Wes Burns is also one you may be interested to know) I struggled to remember a meaningful contribution by him in 2021.

Blog: Was It Worth It?

Gwion Edwards on 11:13 - Jun 10 with 2094 viewsNazemariner

Gwion Edwards on 11:08 - Jun 10 by N2_Blue

If you say so....i'd say the following you put in your original post is just as ridiculous:

"And the suggestion that players whom we have barely even see play are superior to him, just beggars belief"

Why does that beggar belief in your opinion?

Because people are forming their opinions on less than a handful of games that they might have seen him play. Some are basing it solely on the goal he scored against us.

I hope Wes Burns becomes a club legend, but the pragmatist in me will reserve judgement until he has proved himself.

Not unreasonable is it?
Gwion Edwards on 11:21 - Jun 10 with 2053 viewsN2_Blue

Gwion Edwards on 11:13 - Jun 10 by Nazemariner

Because people are forming their opinions on less than a handful of games that they might have seen him play. Some are basing it solely on the goal he scored against us.

I hope Wes Burns becomes a club legend, but the pragmatist in me will reserve judgement until he has proved himself.

Not unreasonable is it?

Not unreasonable, no, but don't think it beggars belief.

I think you've also got to understand there are a large percentage of supporters that don't rate Edwards. It's because there is something in it, he's really not been very good at all but you are entitled to your opinion of course. I just think it's misjudged personally.

And no player can prove himself with 'us' until he's signed and played games under our manager

Based on Edwards contributions of the last 3 years I'd much rather we moved him on and tried to sign better. Of course there is no guarantee, but to move forward we have to try. Stick with Edwards and we will not improve, he's had 3 years and done very very little, surely you can't want to build a team capable of achieving promotion with Edwards as a focal point based on what he has achieved....which is not a great deal.

Gwion Edwards on 11:51 - Jun 10 with 1992 viewsStokieBlue

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Gwion Edwards on 12:36 - Jun 10 with 1892 viewsMetal_Hacker

Gwion Edwards on 10:43 - Jun 10 by Nazemariner

More often than not, when we played well, Edwards played well.

Granted that was not very often.

I think you've ended the argument here by this comment

The only way you get more consistent performances is by a more consistent performer

Poll: If it were one or the other

Gwion Edwards on 12:41 - Jun 10 with 1831 viewsMrTown

Gwion Edwards on 11:51 - Jun 10 by StokieBlue

SB

'He can put a cross in'

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024