Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The last signing to get you royally excited? 12:17 - Jun 10 with 3701 viewsOwainG1992

Prior to this summer and the positive direction we are going in I should add.

For me I have to say Emyr Huws, After the loan spell he was linked with several more "attractive" championship teams but came here and I thought wow on a long term deal what a coup.

How wrong I was hey!

Hope he can get his career re started at Colchester if he goes there.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:21 - Jun 10 with 2376 viewsSE1blue

So bitter and jaded by the last 15 years or so, I’d say Dos Santos and he was only a loan.

Last permanent signing excitement for me would be Reuser.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:26 - Jun 10 with 2319 viewsmojo

Marcus Stewart. I always thought we were going places when he signed and that he would be the difference between promotion and another season in the Nationwide League.
The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:30 - Jun 10 with 2272 viewsurbanblue

Paul Mariner ....

.... yes ...

... Paul Mariner
The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:30 - Jun 10 with 2267 viewsclive_baker

Not sure if it was the last, but I was pretty excited about signing Michael Chopra. At 28 / 29 he really should've been in his prime, and just felt like he could be a real goal scorer that we were lacking. 2 goals on his debut on the opening day in a 3-0 win at Bristol City only added to that excitement, and the belief it might be our year.

Alas, he was a sh1t bag and a couple of weeks later we were losing 7-1 to Peterborough.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:33 - Jun 10 with 2231 viewsMattinLondon

McGoldrick as I thought he was a very exciting special player - certainly in the PL.

I honestly thought that Irish youngster would have been a great signing - forgotten his name - the one who was 17 when we signed him but had to wait until he was 18. Win some, lose some.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 13:02]
The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:33 - Jun 10 with 2229 viewsTrumptonBlue

Jonas Knudsen for me. A 22-year-old Danish full international? Yes, please.
The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:33 - Jun 10 with 2225 viewshype313

Probably Ian Marshall.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:34 - Jun 10 with 2218 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Martin Waghorn.

Before that Fraser from Bournemouth and before that Aaron Cresswell from Tranmere, Town's best full back since Taricco.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Login to get fewer ads

The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:34 - Jun 10 with 2199 viewspositivity

josh harrop.

coming from the league above, "creativity" and "fabulous set-pieces". exactly what we needed.

how wronger i was!

huws was a good one, before that it'd probably be jonny williams 2nd signing

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:35 - Jun 10 with 2192 viewstractordownsouth

Jon Nolan.... He's had his moments but certainly not worth the £1.2m we paid.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:35]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:37 - Jun 10 with 2153 viewsHciwspi

Marcus Stewart definitely.

Although I did get a bit of a lob on when Hermann signed.
The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:38 - Jun 10 with 2130 viewsitfctilidie

Norwood's record excited me
The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:39 - Jun 10 with 2110 viewsBiGDonnie

I was chuffed to pieces when we signed Waghorn.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:40 - Jun 10 with 2107 viewsWD19

I'm not sure I would say 'really excited', but I thought Judge would be good.

And getting Norwood on a free should have been a good move too.

On a more positive vibe, KVY.
The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:46 - Jun 10 with 2067 viewsEastTownBlue

The summer signings of 2001. Individually some good players but they didn't make a PL team. Although that has taught me not to get excited about signings again.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:47]
The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:46 - Jun 10 with 2056 viewsBloomBlue

Kayden Jackson. OK you laugh but his record wasn't too bad, he had great pace and a number of people were talking about his ability even Mowbray was signing his praises. Now I wasn't envisaging a world class player, but certainly a player who was going to cause the opposition a lot of problems in the Championship and we lacked raw pace in the team
The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:47 - Jun 10 with 2053 viewsBlueBlood90

Michael Chopra.

Didn't know about the personal baggage he came with and fully expected him to fire us up to the Premier League!

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:47 - Jun 10 with 2052 viewshomer_123

The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:30 - Jun 10 by urbanblue

Paul Mariner ....

.... yes ...

... Paul Mariner

Still surprised we got him. In that you'd hear his name every week on the radio as scoring for Plymouth...and that it seemed not many were in for him.

Couldn't understand why!

I know we were up against WBA and West Ham at the time of signing but why he hadn't gone was baffling.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:51 - Jun 10 with 2024 viewsBlue_Order

Claus Jensen :(
The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:58 - Jun 10 with 1968 viewsNazemariner

Hermann
The last signing to get you royally excited? on 13:00 - Jun 10 with 1942 viewsFPL_Tractor

The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:47 - Jun 10 by homer_123

Still surprised we got him. In that you'd hear his name every week on the radio as scoring for Plymouth...and that it seemed not many were in for him.

Couldn't understand why!

I know we were up against WBA and West Ham at the time of signing but why he hadn't gone was baffling.

Wasn't there (foolish) talk that Mariner's strike partner at Argyle made him look better than he seemed? Or that they were a pair and not as strong without each other. I dunno, but something like that is in the back of my mind. Would help if I could remember the lad's name.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

The last signing to get you royally excited? on 13:01 - Jun 10 with 1936 viewsSuperblue95

JET

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

The last signing to get you royally excited? on 13:07 - Jun 10 with 1883 viewsEnigma_Blue

Jimmy Bullard when he signed permanently. He was outstanding during the period he was on loan. Unfortunately for us he never hit those heights again.
The last signing to get you royally excited? on 13:08 - Jun 10 with 1873 viewsBloomBlue

The last signing to get you royally excited? on 13:00 - Jun 10 by FPL_Tractor

Wasn't there (foolish) talk that Mariner's strike partner at Argyle made him look better than he seemed? Or that they were a pair and not as strong without each other. I dunno, but something like that is in the back of my mind. Would help if I could remember the lad's name.

Was that Billy Rafferty? I'm sure he was Mariner's strike partner at some stage
The last signing to get you royally excited? on 13:10 - Jun 10 with 1847 viewsurbanblue

The last signing to get you royally excited? on 12:47 - Jun 10 by homer_123

Couldn't understand why!

I just remember him being the next big thing in all the news
but never thought he would sign for us. When it was announced I remember going to school walking on air. So, so excited. What a buy he turned out to be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024