Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone graduating soon? 17:32 - Jun 10 with 1321 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Looks like I'll be getting a 2:1 from my BSc Physiotherapy degree in the summer (barring either a complete miracle or a complete disaster at this point).

Part of me is almost disappointed that it's not going to be a 1:1, but given the fact it has been a pretty traumatic time in the last year, with the lengthy, almost year-long sickness and recent passing in the last fortnight of my Father, as well as the strains of going out on placements all over the place during the pandemic, I suppose I can be proud of that.

Other soon-to-be graduates please share your experiences.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Anyone graduating soon? on 17:35 - Jun 10 with 1276 viewslowhouseblue

seriously, getting a good degree result with all that going on is a huge achievement.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Anyone graduating soon? on 17:46 - Jun 10 with 1225 viewsArnoldMoorhen

You've done really, really well to even complete everything on time in these circumstances. Congratulations on (probably) joining the 2:1 club- who wants a First, anyway? No-one likes a swot!

I hope that there are members of your family who can tell you how proud of you they are, and that you have done your Dad proud, too.

Which area of physiotherapy would you prefer to get into?
Anyone graduating soon? on 17:50 - Jun 10 with 1210 viewsfactual_blue

Sorry to hear of your recent loss. If you're feeling cheeky you could see if they'll take it into account and up your marks.

Good luck. I hope nobody has been manipulating the results in your physiotherapy department.

All the best people get Attilas. Only weirdos get a a Geoff.

What next?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone graduating soon? on 18:03 - Jun 10 with 1181 viewsitfcjoe

I’d been doing an apprenticeship degree which finished in April whixh I found incredibly difficult to focus on once face to face learning ended.

Fortunately for me it was just last 2 modules, then dissertation and an end point assessment. I found the dissertation such a slog with having to interview over zoom, and tie people down for it etc but guess played into my favour a bit for me EPA where I found a zoom presentation much easier than a proper one and was able to pull in lots of examples from the previous year for the interview

Walked away with a 2:1, which I’d have taken when I started - by time it got to dissertation I was so firmly entrenched in that range that anything from a pass up to about 85% would have seen me get that 2:1 which was another factor for lacking motivation as became just something to complete

But pleased with how it all went, and thibk anyone able to work through the last couple of years and self motivate has done very well

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone graduating soon? on 18:17 - Jun 10 with 1153 viewsThe_Realist_09

Not soon-to-be, but I graduated at the beginning of all this last summer with a 1:1 BSc Economics. I felt hard done by that I didn't get a graduation but that's nothing compared to what you guys have had to deal with so that's a real achievement on your part, congrats!

Wish you all the best on your job hunt, for what it's worth, I don't think having a 1:1 over a 2:1 adds much unless you have the experience / interview skills to go with it.
Anyone graduating soon? on 18:24 - Jun 10 with 1141 viewsHerbivore

Really sorry to hear about your loss.

A 2:1 is an achievement to be happy with at the best of times, to achieve it with everything you've had going on is an amazing feat. I'm sure your father would have been proud of you.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone graduating soon? on 18:50 - Jun 10 with 1115 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Thank you for the kind replies.

Good to know I'll be joining the 2:1 elite with people like Facters.

My Dad saw me get through 90% of the course, and I know he was proud of me for sticking with it, as I'd drifted between a number of different things up until my mid 20s when I first turned to this. Luckily there are a lot of family and friends who can be proud on his behalf.

My plan is most likely to go into musculoskeletal outpatient physio, or something similar. I've tried a number of things during my course including intensive care, and stroke rehab, but I always come back to an interest in MSK.

I definitely don't want to work in the majority of NHS inpatient settings, as this is an area which often leaves a great deal to be desired (in my experience).

If I were to ever work privately I'm thinking that I might like to focus on pre- and rehab for people before/after hospital admissions, as this has been highly relevant personally in recent times.

But who knows what the future will bring.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Anyone graduating soon? on 19:03 - Jun 10 with 1083 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If it isn't a Desmond you weren't at the university of life.
But it is/was lockdown so don't be too hard on yourself!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone graduating soon? on 19:19 - Jun 10 with 1047 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone graduating soon? on 18:50 - Jun 10 by ThisIsMyUsername

Thank you for the kind replies.

Good to know I'll be joining the 2:1 elite with people like Facters.

My Dad saw me get through 90% of the course, and I know he was proud of me for sticking with it, as I'd drifted between a number of different things up until my mid 20s when I first turned to this. Luckily there are a lot of family and friends who can be proud on his behalf.

My plan is most likely to go into musculoskeletal outpatient physio, or something similar. I've tried a number of things during my course including intensive care, and stroke rehab, but I always come back to an interest in MSK.

I definitely don't want to work in the majority of NHS inpatient settings, as this is an area which often leaves a great deal to be desired (in my experience).

If I were to ever work privately I'm thinking that I might like to focus on pre- and rehab for people before/after hospital admissions, as this has been highly relevant personally in recent times.

But who knows what the future will bring.

Good luck in whatever career opens up for you.

But don't see me as elite or a role model, whatever you do.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone graduating soon? on 19:22 - Jun 10 with 1041 viewsfooters

Congrats on obtainin your degree, mate!

But don't worry about the grade - remember your GCSE or A-Levek results?! It's just a stepping stone to where you need to be. Do a good job and your talent will be recognised, do a sh1t job and...

Put your all into what you do next and the other offers will follow....

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone graduating soon? on 13:18 - Jun 12 with 855 viewsBlueastheycome

I'm currently on an MA with about 3 weeks left until my dissertation is due in and I'm struggling to be honest. So close to the end but feel like its all unravelling. Not helped by the fact that the feedback I got on a section of it might as well have said 'THIS IS SH*T in capital letters edited as a comment on the side of the document.

Of course, I'm just trying to plough through but I don't really 'believe' in my work any more so to speak, and I'm having a confidence crises.

Just give me a pass so I can move on with my life. I'm looking forward to this all blowing over and going for a pint in 3 weeks time.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 13:19]
Anyone graduating soon? on 14:02 - Jun 12 with 813 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone graduating soon? on 13:18 - Jun 12 by Blueastheycome

I'm currently on an MA with about 3 weeks left until my dissertation is due in and I'm struggling to be honest. So close to the end but feel like its all unravelling. Not helped by the fact that the feedback I got on a section of it might as well have said 'THIS IS SH*T in capital letters edited as a comment on the side of the document.

Of course, I'm just trying to plough through but I don't really 'believe' in my work any more so to speak, and I'm having a confidence crises.

Just give me a pass so I can move on with my life. I'm looking forward to this all blowing over and going for a pint in 3 weeks time.

Use lots of big words....it will be fine!

Anyone graduating soon? on 14:15 - Jun 12 with 801 viewsBlueastheycome

Anyone graduating soon? on 14:02 - Jun 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

Use lots of big words....it will be fine!

Does writing my name and the date over and over again count?
Anyone graduating soon? on 14:21 - Jun 12 with 790 viewsfooters

Anyone graduating soon? on 13:18 - Jun 12 by Blueastheycome

Kirkley boys achieving at the highest level!

Take that, all you anti-Lowestoftians on this forum.

Well done, mate - great achievement.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone graduating soon? on 14:33 - Jun 12 with 771 viewsBlueastheycome

Anyone graduating soon? on 14:21 - Jun 12 by footers

Kirkley boys achieving at the highest level!

Take that, all you anti-Lowestoftians on this forum.

Well done, mate - great achievement.

Cheers bud but I ain't there yet.

But if I do get through this unscathed, I will be contacting the council to replace that mighty fine statue of the fisherman with bird sh*t on his head on the Bascule Bridge with one of me. You can get an honourable mention in the plaque attached to it.

Or name the new bridge that is being built in my honour.. when it will no doubt get completed in the year 2099.
Anyone graduating soon? on 14:35 - Jun 12 with 768 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone graduating soon? on 14:15 - Jun 12 by Blueastheycome

Does writing my name and the date over and over again count?

Just drop in 'phenomenology,' and about 60 of these...you can thank me later...
https://www.vocabulary.com/lists/258109

Oh and mention how shockingly bad jargonism is and that is why you have used accessible language.

Anyone graduating soon? on 14:45 - Jun 12 with 753 viewsBlueastheycome

Anyone graduating soon? on 14:35 - Jun 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

Just drop in 'phenomenology,' and about 60 of these...you can thank me later...
https://www.vocabulary.com/lists/258109

Oh and mention how shockingly bad jargonism is and that is why you have used accessible language.

Well that is very helpful thank you. With your advice in mind, I'll turn off the laptop and go enjoy the football and the sunshine for the next 3 weeks.

I'll make sure you get an acknowledgment in the opening page of my paper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024