Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' 07:55 - Jun 11 with 1994 viewswkj

Seeking help from the greater council about how to reinvigorate my love for watching international footie. Not sure if its a general decline in excitement since following town's 'Dark Era' - or if it is lockdown hangover.

In all fairness, I haven't ever recaptured that World Cup/Euro fever since Japan/Korea. Waking up at 7am, going to the pub. Wrecked by lunch time. TWTD

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 08:05 - Jun 11 with 1952 viewsfooters

Join a sweepstake?

Following Czechia and Slovakia to glory will keep my pencil full of lead for the next few weeks...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 08:06 - Jun 11 with 1947 viewsMetal_Hacker

Been nothing like it since Euro 96 for me - that was superb in terms of national excitement and buzz

Really struggling myself this time around . Booked a night away in Manchester for myself and Mrs Hacker as a birthday treat and travel back Sunday on the train.Subsequently have extended the weekend break for a few more hours after finding a nice food place showing the footy. Hope I'm not going to be disappointed !!

Poll: If it were one or the other

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 08:14 - Jun 11 with 1910 viewsStuartBrett8

Same, not got a wall chart, flag, shirt or huge supply of beer.... must be getting old :/

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 08:22 - Jun 11 with 1879 viewsVic

When are the Euros? Are we in them?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 08:25 - Jun 11 with 1864 viewsDubtractor

I'm with you on this, and I usually love the big tournaments.

Suspect it is partly related to the weird way we have all been living for the last year and a bit. I feel a bit disconnected from things as I've spent so much time at home. Too much time probably.

I'm sure I'll get interested once it gets going though.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2021 9:36]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 08:33 - Jun 11 with 1836 viewsSimonds92

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 08:25 - Jun 11 by Dubtractor

I'm with you on this, and I usually love the big tournaments.

Suspect it is partly related to the weird way we have all been living for the last year and a bit. I feel a bit disconnected from things as I've spent so much time at home. Too much time probably.

I'm sure I'll get interested once it gets going though.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2021 9:36]

I think added to that we've spent the past year watching football with no fans. The great thing about big tournaments is the festival feeling that surrounds it with people from all over qnd the passion that comes from the fans. I think im just gutted i lost my tickets in all honesty, i was very excited last year before COVID qnd i thought i was going!
Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 08:36 - Jun 11 with 1821 viewsbluelagos

Is defo a bit flat compared to previous tournaments given the restraints on collective watching/partying.

But fingers crossed England make a good start and sure the interest levels will lift a tad.

Also not helped by the lack of a single location to get into it either.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 08:46 - Jun 11 with 1785 viewsvilanovablue

Whilst I'm a little flat I'm sure that will change when the football starts and really ramp up about 1pm on Sunday even though I will likely have a hangover from a stag do I'm attending on Saturday!
Login to get fewer ads

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 08:56 - Jun 11 with 1764 viewsJackSted

Don't forget the next WC is in Qatar during the Winter months so no more beer gardens etc :(

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 09:20 - Jun 11 with 1698 viewspointofblue

This is partly because we’ve had every single Premier League match on TV for the past year. Seeing every match of a tournament used to be a bi-annual event but we’ve just had a season and a bit of it without a true break.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 09:23 - Jun 11 with 1691 viewsMookamoo

I've only just checked when the England matches are on telly and found I have better things planned anyway.

I'll watch the highlights if we win. Does that make me a bad person?
Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 09:24 - Jun 11 with 1680 viewsclive_baker

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 09:33 - Jun 11 with 1659 viewspointofblue

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 09:23 - Jun 11 by Mookamoo

I've only just checked when the England matches are on telly and found I have better things planned anyway.

I'll watch the highlights if we win. Does that make me a bad person?

Blimey, if you took that approach to Town you would have barely seen us play for the last three seasons!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 09:43 - Jun 11 with 1635 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 08:22 - Jun 11 by Vic

When are the Euros? Are we in them?

Yep, we've bought PJ back to manage an all time Evans era ITFC team. I'm looking forward to Balint Bajner tearing up the French defense and Douglas covering every blade of grass. Kante will have nothing on him. Def info.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 10:13 - Jun 11 with 1586 viewsDeano69

Here you go

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 10:21 - Jun 11 with 1562 viewsButterbing

I have barely seen a flag! One of the streets near me normally puts bunting up the whole way down. Nothing yet though. They put it up for the VE day celebrations last year. It doesn't seem like a tournament is about to start.

Just listened to World in Motion and feeling a bit more up for it.

I bought two 4 pint jugs of beer at 7am for the Brazil game in 2002. I had an afternoon shift at a restaurant which went very badly!!! TWTD.
Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 10:27 - Jun 11 with 1554 viewsrickw

I'm looking forward to it, watch the first game tonight and see if that gets you into it

I agree about Japan/Korea - it was a unique experience getting ​breakfast and loads of beers in the pub that early in the mornings

Not being at the office we haven't bothered with a sweepstake this year, which always ignites peoples interest and adds a little extra to the tournament

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 10:46 - Jun 11 with 1514 viewsSharkey

Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 08:36 - Jun 11 by bluelagos

Is defo a bit flat compared to previous tournaments given the restraints on collective watching/partying.

But fingers crossed England make a good start and sure the interest levels will lift a tad.

Also not helped by the lack of a single location to get into it either.

Totally agree about the lack of a location. The fact that we're playing most of the games at home feels a bit like cheating too.I'd have been looking forward to EnglandvScotland more if it was in Glasgow. Maybe I'll get more interested if we get beyond the games we're 'supposed' to win.
Also, the kit is nasty.
Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 10:47 - Jun 11 with 1513 viewsDebsyAngel

Yes, not really feeling it myself this time. I prefer the World Cup to the Euros, but just feel flat and not sure I really want to watch every game.

A total change to a few years ago when used to go through fixtures and choose days off round them.

Maybe once it starts, I will feel differently??
Not feeling that 'Euros Excitement' on 10:53 - Jun 11 with 1503 viewsbrazil1982

I feel the same way, very little excitement which is unusual, I usually love the 3 matches on a Saturday / Sunday! Plus I haven't watched England for probably two years so have very little knowledge of the players - I don't follow the P'ship.

I'm hoping the buzz returns this evening.

Germany to win it. I have no expectations for England.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024