Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
June 21st unlocking to become July 19th 21:55 - Jun 11 with 6692 viewsElderGrizzly

Announcement on Monday by Boris in a nationwide address.

Allows 10 million more people to get 2nd doses giving 80% protection vs Delta variant rather than 33%.

Traffic light travel system will also be ‘suspended’ for updates until the new date, so nothing else added to green list.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/11/covid-cases-in-england-rising-at-f
June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 10:51 - Jun 12 with 1481 viewssolomon

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 09:31 - Jun 12 by bluelagos

So I went to a pub at Orford this week, sit down and there are signs saying it's an app service. Don't carry a flash phone so can't use it.

Wonder inside and upto the bar only to be told I can not order at the bar. I should use the app.

Get into a discussion over my lack of a phone. Meanwhile another customer is waving the app at the bar staff stating it doesn't work and he's tried 3 times to order his meal. Now they want my details for test and trace. Even though I am soon to be sitting outside.

Eventually they agree to take our orders by hand, but we have to go outside first. So I wonder out and the tables are full bar one. I hot foot it to the table and another customer if left with no where to sit.

The staff were great, took out orders, food was nice. But the wait for the orders, drinks, food - if you want a drink you sit trying to get the attention of staff. It kind of makes the experience of going for a couple of pints a whole lot less pleasurable. And people are voting with their feet.

The sooner the rules are ditched and hospitality is returned to normal, the sooner these businesses can pick up again. In my village there are 4 pubs. Only 1 was open on Bank holiday monday evening. The other 3 closed due to lack of customers. When drinking (like shopping) is made a chore, people will do less of it. And they are, make no bones about it.

I get your point, but far too many businesses have made a half hearted attempt at getting organised usable solutions in place. In many cases these were places that were poorly managed before and the pandemic has just exacerbated this. I appreciate it’s not as black and white as I’m portraying but in some cases it’s been very much fail to plan plan to fail.
June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 10:53 - Jun 12 with 1478 viewsMeadowlark

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 00:39 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

I've asked this about five times on here and not received an answer yet.

What do people want to do that they currently can't?

I agree with the delayed unlocking, but I am looking forward to it coming to an end, purely due to the number of times I've left the house and got halfway down the road before realising I've forgotten my mask.
And it would be nice to go up to the bar in the pub and mingle a bit more rather than being confined to a designated table.
So in the overall scheme of things pretty minor, but it would be nice to get back to normality wouldn't it?
June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 12:07 - Jun 12 with 1411 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 10:45 - Jun 12 by Lord_Lucan

You'll all miss me when I'm dead Stevey.

There will be no acrylic screens at my wake.

And there will also be no Footers, he has been very horrid to me of late.

Such a wrong'un.....slow death by virtue signalling!

[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 12:09]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 12:25 - Jun 12 with 1382 viewsfactual_blue

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 06:04 - Jun 12 by BarcaBlue

So no chance that Spain can be on the green list before July 19th, regardless of local factors?

The answer is in Grizzler's last sentence.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 12:42 - Jun 12 with 1345 viewsSpruceMoose

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 05:26 - Jun 12 by bluelagos

In no particular order.

Go to a football game with more than 25% capacity.
Go to a music festival
Go to a family wedding
Visit family overseas
Go on a motorbike trip to the Picos
Travel to Copenhagen to watch England in the knockout game.
Walk into a pub, smile at the landlord and order a pint.
Smile at the old lady in Tesco who looks scared to be within cat swinging distance of other shoppers.
Visit a gig
Go to a nightclub
Invite more than 5 mates for a beer
Not be asked for my phone number when i sit down for a coffee and ham sandwich
Properly plan a trip to South America to Patagonia
Not stand outside the bakery as its only 2 at a time
Go for a coffee in Brightlingsea without being barked at to 'stand behind the line'
Visit Argos without the prospect of having to 'stand inside the box'
Visit Halfords without having to explain to a member of staff why i want to go on.
Walk upto and chat to a stranger in a pub
Not follow a load of arrows ever again.
Be able to contemplate a holiday without being told I''m selfish.
Not listen to the hysterical "I saw 8 people chatting ..." rantings of anxious people.

I could go on, but you did ask. And btw, am more than happy to wait another 4 weeks if the numbers suggest it wise.

Thanks BL, like I said, it was a genuine question so your answer is helpful in trying to understand why people might be pissed off.

All of that is obviously rough, and completely understandable as to why people are fed up of it. it's not like I'm exempt from many of them either. It's just the way it is though. Have to do the right thing when everyone has done so well to get to this point.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 12:48 - Jun 12 with 1329 viewsvapour_trail

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 10:39 - Jun 12 by Lord_Lucan

Thing is Vapes, you have your head screwed on, you generally post extremely balanced views on all sorts of issues.

Gotta say though I'm in favour of a sort of feck it, let's get on with it approach.

I don't think you should compare this sort of view to that of a David Icke type.

Definitely not meaning to imply that, LL.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 13:58 - Jun 12 with 1265 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 12:07 - Jun 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

Such a wrong'un.....slow death by virtue signalling!

[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 12:09]

GB....with your uppies you will destroy me!!

Hope things are good with your girl....believe it or not she and your family have been on my mind!

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 14:11 - Jun 12 with 1247 viewsbluelagos

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 12:42 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

Thanks BL, like I said, it was a genuine question so your answer is helpful in trying to understand why people might be pissed off.

All of that is obviously rough, and completely understandable as to why people are fed up of it. it's not like I'm exempt from many of them either. It's just the way it is though. Have to do the right thing when everyone has done so well to get to this point.

No worries, I think it shows how I (and 90% of people) are getting CV fatigue. It wears you down, especially the silly stuff with no solid reasoning behind it.

Anyhow - a few more weeks and hopefully we get to the point where we can safely open up having protected pretty much everyone at risk.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 14:13 - Jun 12 with 1244 viewsSpruceMoose

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 14:11 - Jun 12 by bluelagos

No worries, I think it shows how I (and 90% of people) are getting CV fatigue. It wears you down, especially the silly stuff with no solid reasoning behind it.

Anyhow - a few more weeks and hopefully we get to the point where we can safely open up having protected pretty much everyone at risk.

CV fatigue is an excellent way of putting it. The more things open up the more the inconsistencies in what you can and can't do pop up.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 14:28 - Jun 12 with 1235 viewsbluelagos

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 14:13 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

CV fatigue is an excellent way of putting it. The more things open up the more the inconsistencies in what you can and can't do pop up.

Plus some people are natural rule followers and some are natural risk takers. Am sure you know which category I fit into :-)

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 14:30 - Jun 12 with 1231 viewsbluelagos

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 09:52 - Jun 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

We will have to meet for a drink sometime when you are out on one of your jaunts...Miss Slave just asked if you ever got that bus, I said sorry just motorbikes, she says "nah it's over!"

Can't believe I've been dumped before our affair even started. And over my preference for 2 wheels over a camper van too :-(

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 14:45 - Jun 12 with 1215 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 14:30 - Jun 12 by bluelagos

Can't believe I've been dumped before our affair even started. And over my preference for 2 wheels over a camper van too :-(

"Pah...." Says she.... Something with a Bedford 330 in it and you can redeem yourself. This maybe,

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 15:04 - Jun 12 with 1197 viewsbluelagos

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 14:45 - Jun 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

"Pah...." Says she.... Something with a Bedford 330 in it and you can redeem yourself. This maybe,

I'll be honest, am veering towards one of these...

https://www.kawasaki.co.uk/en/products/Sport_Tourer/2021/Ninja_1000SX_Performanc

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 15:23 - Jun 12 with 1182 viewsjeera

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 15:04 - Jun 12 by bluelagos

I'll be honest, am veering towards one of these...

https://www.kawasaki.co.uk/en/products/Sport_Tourer/2021/Ninja_1000SX_Performanc

How you gonna tow an old bus with that?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 15:46 - Jun 12 with 1158 viewsbluelagos

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 15:23 - Jun 12 by jeera

How you gonna tow an old bus with that?

Tbf, I think Bankster's Mrs might take umbrage at that description.

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 18:04 - Jun 12 with 1099 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 15:46 - Jun 12 by bluelagos

Tbf, I think Bankster's Mrs might take umbrage at that description.

Just wait till she gets in for the update!

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 18:31 - Jun 12 with 1073 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 18:04 - Jun 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

Just wait till she gets in for the update!

She says "you don't know what your missing!"
See you for that drink some time.

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 09:33 - Jun 13 with 971 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

June 21st unlocking to become July 19th on 09:14 - Jun 12 by urbanblue

I know I'm not in the UK so can't comment about personal experience, but from talking to friends and family there seemed a genuine belief that once the vaccine was rolled out things would go back to normal. Now that doesn't appear to be the case I am picking up complete disappointment and frustration.

I spoke to my Sister only yesterday who described going for a meal that seemed like an ordeal. A mate, who loves the pub, says he is not bothering any more and that the rules do not make the experience enjoyable.

I guess it depends on the venue, or your tolerance levels. Me and the missus had our first date night out in a year and a half last night and it was a fantastic experience. We were unable to scan the check-in QR code so were given an email address to send to and get an email back. Then shown to our table. Food and booze were amazing, as was the service. Only had to wear a mask to visit the lav.

Not sure what was happening with your sister that made it an "ordeal" or you mate who's not bothering anymore because the rules don't make the experience enjoyable.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024