Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christian Eriksen 17:45 - Jun 12 with 3138 viewsnoggin

Thoughts and prayers

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Christian Eriksen on 18:31 - Jun 12 with 1019 viewswkj

It is confirmed/verified

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Christian Eriksen on 18:31 - Jun 12 with 1014 viewsSitfcB

Christian Eriksen on 18:27 - Jun 12 by Chrisd

Any more news?
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 18:30]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Christian Eriksen on 18:32 - Jun 12 with 987 viewsSitfcB

Christian Eriksen on 18:26 - Jun 12 by wkj

Has this image been verified yet? A number of people are questioning the legitimacy/age of it. Hopefully not.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 18:27]

Yes verified by various outlets.

Finland flag in the background and Euro2020 lanyard in sight also.

COYB

Christian Eriksen on 18:32 - Jun 12 with 989 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Christian Eriksen on 18:30 - Jun 12 by Swansea_Blue

I think it's genuine. Getty are selling it (a-holes) as a genuine image and they did have a large Finland flag as part of the shield behind him.

Difficult one. Photographers make money from newsworthy photographs and that is their job. This is the picture the press will use to show that he is recovering.

Would be different if there was a worse outcome.

Sky are now using it and saying it has been verified.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Christian Eriksen on 18:34 - Jun 12 with 961 viewsghostofescobar

Stable and a photo of him awake and sitting up. Thank heavens. That was sickening.

GhostOfEscobar

Christian Eriksen on 18:35 - Jun 12 with 928 viewsSwansea_Blue

Christian Eriksen on 18:32 - Jun 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Difficult one. Photographers make money from newsworthy photographs and that is their job. This is the picture the press will use to show that he is recovering.

Would be different if there was a worse outcome.

Sky are now using it and saying it has been verified.

Yeah, that's true I suppose. I was thinking about the photographer's livelihood when I posted and I'm not sure where the line is tbh. This seems a bit distasteful, although we were all hoping and waiting for something like it I suppose.

Given what's happened I suppose it's not important.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Christian Eriksen on 18:38 - Jun 12 with 882 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Christian Eriksen on 18:35 - Jun 12 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, that's true I suppose. I was thinking about the photographer's livelihood when I posted and I'm not sure where the line is tbh. This seems a bit distasteful, although we were all hoping and waiting for something like it I suppose.

Given what's happened I suppose it's not important.

A similar thought went through my mind when I heard the teenager who filmed George Floyd's death was up for an award. If she had not filmed it, we would not have had the same knowledge of the incident that we do.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Christian Eriksen on 18:51 - Jun 12 with 812 viewsMerseyBlue

Had to take myself off for a walk after seeing that, can't imagine how his team, the staff and his family are feeling right now.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery and UEFA take a sensible approach to the resolution of the match in what is surely a secondary concern for everyone right now.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Login to get fewer ads

Christian Eriksen on 18:59 - Jun 12 with 754 viewsjeera

Christian Eriksen on 18:38 - Jun 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

A similar thought went through my mind when I heard the teenager who filmed George Floyd's death was up for an award. If she had not filmed it, we would not have had the same knowledge of the incident that we do.

The footage of GF was evidence of wrongdoing and needed to be done.

I find the selling and buying and deliberate viewing of a photograph like that of Eriksen intrusive and distasteful.

None fall into the utterly abhorrent category of chasing down a car and poking cameras into it following a crash to get snapshots of the bodies inside.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 12:09]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Christian Eriksen on 19:09 - Jun 12 with 732 viewsSitfcB

The game will resume tonight at the request of the players.

COYB

Christian Eriksen on 21:35 - Jun 12 with 664 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Christian Eriksen on 18:30 - Jun 12 by Swansea_Blue

I think it's genuine. Getty are selling it (a-holes) as a genuine image and they did have a large Finland flag as part of the shield behind him.

Hold on. Why are they A-Holes?

Do photographers not get to make a living just because someone collapsed? Thank fook Eriksen is OK. Believe me when I say if he wasn't, not a single photographer would have sent that image out.

I worked with most of those guys for fifteen years, and 99.9% of sports photographers would down cameras in that kind of event. We even refuse to take photographs of horses if they are killed during races.

Edit: See now that this has been addressed, but riled me right up that.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 21:36]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Christian Eriksen on 01:41 - Jun 13 with 530 viewspointofblue

Christian Eriksen on 19:09 - Jun 12 by SitfcB

The game will resume tonight at the request of the players.

At the request of the players seems to be a case of truth by omission. According to the BBC article what they were actually told was play now or play at midday tomorrow.

‘Danish players were given two choices - to finish the game that night, or at noon the next day. After hearing Eriksen was OK, they decided to get it finished that evening.

The game restarted at 19:30 BST, almost two hours after Eriksen collapsed. The final five minutes of the first half were played before a five-minute break and then the second half.

Denmark head coach Kasper Hjulmand said: "The players could not imagine not being able to sleep tonight and to have to go on a bus tomorrow and play again. It was easier to go out and it was best to get it over with.”’

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57457388

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024