Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THANK F*$K 18:27 - Jun 12 with 1547 viewsCoco

That was genuinely awful viewing.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

THANK F*$K on 18:30 - Jun 12 with 1494 viewsgtsb1966

I was watching the game and decided to quickly go out and get beer. Best decision ive made for a while as that would have made me sick if i had seen it . So glad he's stable.
THANK F*$K on 18:35 - Jun 12 with 1425 viewsChrisd

Really tough, felt numb watching it. I thought the Danish squad were magnificent the way they circled Eriksen to protect him from view. It couldn't have been easy for any of them seeing their team mate in such distress and holding their counsel while he was getting emergency treatment.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

THANK F*$K on 18:38 - Jun 12 with 1378 viewsCoco

THANK F*$K on 18:35 - Jun 12 by Chrisd

Really tough, felt numb watching it. I thought the Danish squad were magnificent the way they circled Eriksen to protect him from view. It couldn't have been easy for any of them seeing their team mate in such distress and holding their counsel while he was getting emergency treatment.

Yes me too, takes you out of your bubble and reminds you of the fragility of life. So annoyed they showed his poor wife - that brought me to tears. The players were exceptional and Kasper Schmeichel (who has been through quite bit of late) really is a superb human being.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

THANK F*$K on 18:41 - Jun 12 with 1330 viewsJ2BLUE

Agreed. Took far too long to cut the feed. The commentator should just have apologised for the silence, wished him well and said he wouldn't speculate. Instead he droned on and on. Obviously in a very awkward situation but it was the wrong call.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

THANK F*$K on 18:49 - Jun 12 with 1258 viewsboroughblue

Been in absolute bits for the last 30 mins, so I can't imagine how his team mates felt and even his wife from that far away.

Thank God for the medics to act that quickly.

Whilst I agree the camera shots were horrific, they aren't the BBC's fault, although as other said they should have cut to the studio so much quicker. Feel for the commentator and Gary Lineker et al in the studio having to talk during and after it.

Puts life into perspective that...

Speedy recovery Christian
THANK F*$K on 18:59 - Jun 12 with 1154 viewsChurchman

THANK F*$K on 18:30 - Jun 12 by gtsb1966

I was watching the game and decided to quickly go out and get beer. Best decision ive made for a while as that would have made me sick if i had seen it . So glad he's stable.

Fingers crossed Erikson is ok. Puts football and sport into proper context.

Oddly I was doing exactly the same. Got back when the camera cut to his face and I thought OMG. They clearly did a great job with CPR and the Defib - a bit of kit that should present where any number of people are (with sufficient people trained to use them). To be fair, their availability is a lot better than it used to be.

I was surprised the tv footage stayed on it so long and filming his wife/partner was intrusion in my view.
THANK F*$K on 19:37 - Jun 12 with 1042 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

THANK F*$K on 18:41 - Jun 12 by J2BLUE

Agreed. Took far too long to cut the feed. The commentator should just have apologised for the silence, wished him well and said he wouldn't speculate. Instead he droned on and on. Obviously in a very awkward situation but it was the wrong call.

I didn't see it, but TV cameras should cut away from those kind of scenes.

People watching TV also have the ability to cut the feed if they are uncomfortable with what they are seeing or hearing.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

It would appear that an awful lot of people..... on 19:41 - Jun 12 with 1004 viewsBloots

THANK F*$K on 19:37 - Jun 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

People watching TV also have the ability to cut the feed if they are uncomfortable with what they are seeing or hearing.

....had broken remotes at the time.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 19:43]

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Login to get fewer ads

THANK F*$K on 19:42 - Jun 12 with 997 viewsfooters

100%. Well said!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

THANK F*$K on 19:42 - Jun 12 with 998 viewsvapour_trail

THANK F*$K on 19:37 - Jun 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Completely agree mulllet, there’s a lot of people slagging off cameramen, commentators and pundits for their coverage, whilst they sat on their arses hungrily consuming it.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

THANK F*$K on 07:08 - Jun 13 with 685 viewsCoco

THANK F*$K on 19:42 - Jun 12 by vapour_trail

Completely agree mulllet, there’s a lot of people slagging off cameramen, commentators and pundits for their coverage, whilst they sat on their arses hungrily consuming it.

You’ve missed the point. Someone is fighting for the life - it’s impossible to just turn that off. It should not have be shown in respect for Eriksen and his family not because people didn’t want to see it.

THANK F*$K on 07:40 - Jun 13 with 631 viewsfooters

THANK F*$K on 07:08 - Jun 13 by Coco

You’ve missed the point. Someone is fighting for the life - it’s impossible to just turn that off. It should not have be shown in respect for Eriksen and his family not because people didn’t want to see it.

I agree, tbh. I'm really not sure there was the need for cameras to film the bloke's wife as the incident was happening. Whoever was directing that didn't call that right - the Danish players did the best they could to maintain the guy's dignity in crisis but the camera crews not so much.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024