Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some TV People Want Sacking 19:00 - Jun 12 with 740 viewsStrimmer

These are decisions made by humans who could see the same things I could and they made me feel physically sick. I work in TV (not trying to grab authority here just my experience) and this is the absolute basics of broadcasting ethics I'm afraid.

Be it UEFA/Danish TV producers and/or the BBC leaving the feed up, there were very very poor decisions made which made a public spectacle of a man in extreme medical distress - and as far as we could tell, maybe on the verge of death. Not only that, his traumatised wife and colleagues. And without any of their consent or a clear public interest - which is the bedrock of deciding what goes on TV.

They could have changed the image to almost anything at the touch of a button but they did not. I've been in lots of live TV galleries but you don't need to have been to know how easy it is to NOT to show this.

"What do we show instead?" they probably asked themselves, with the ambient worries you always have of audience, your bosses, press reaction. The answer is 'anything else.'

It's a disgrace, there's no defence, and I fully expect and hope for an investigation and serious repercussions.

Poll: Was it a punch?

Some TV People Want Sacking on 19:03 - Jun 12 with 689 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I wonder if there is a different set of values in Denmark and what gets covered (clearly the players were not happy to let it continue).

The BBC definitely got it wrong and those responsible should be made aware in no uncertain terms.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Some TV People Want Sacking on 19:10 - Jun 12 with 632 viewshomer_123

You may well be right. But those watching on TV could just as easily turn over or turn off.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024