Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GB News 22:02 - Jun 13 with 6897 viewstractordownsouth

Anyone tune in to their big launch? I watched bits and bobs flicking between the Netherlands game and it looked like a total car crash. Andrew Neil's opening monologue seemed OK and he's clearly a decent broadcaster but the rest of the stuff was dire. Dan Wootton spent his slot spouting covid conspiracies. There were some appearances from Alison Pearson (who claimed in March 2020 that young people would be too selfish to follow lockdown, yet has spent the last year moaning about restrictions) and Carol Malone. By all accounts, much of the programme was spent shouting "woke" and "cancel culture" at anything and everything. Shambles.

And despite all that, Darren Grimes still can't get a job there!

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

GB News on 22:08 - Jun 13 with 3309 viewsStokieBlue

Didn't even know it had launched, which in my opinion is probably how it should be.

Certainly not worth flicking away from the excellent match for!

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

GB News on 22:13 - Jun 13 with 3266 viewsDarth_Koont

I shut it down when they started furiously w@nking each other off.

Pronouns: He/Him

GB News on 22:18 - Jun 13 with 3232 viewsMullet

GB News on 22:13 - Jun 13 by Darth_Koont

Not what I assumed GB stood for if I'm honest.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

GB News on 22:28 - Jun 13 with 3178 viewsDarth_Koont

GB News on 22:18 - Jun 13 by Mullet

Not what I assumed GB stood for if I'm honest.

Our GB isn’t as bad as the circle jerk of Andrew Neil et al.

There. I’ve said it.

Pronouns: He/Him

GB News on 22:36 - Jun 13 with 3147 viewsfactual_blue

I'm surprised he's got the resources to launch his own TV channel.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

GB News on 23:54 - Jun 13 with 3050 viewsThe_Major

Apparently they had Alan Sugar on as their star guest for the first night, and he supported the England players kneeling, slagged off The Sun, and criticised Brexit.

That's his card torn out of their rolodex then.
GB News on 00:17 - Jun 14 with 2996 viewsCheltenham_Blue

GB News on 22:13 - Jun 13 by Darth_Koont

You say 'furiously', I thought it was more 'angrily'

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

GB News on 01:44 - Jun 14 with 2962 viewsjeera

GB News on 23:54 - Jun 13 by The_Major

Apparently they had Alan Sugar on as their star guest for the first night, and he supported the England players kneeling, slagged off The Sun, and criticised Brexit.

Really? I didn't know that.

Good for him if so.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

GB News on 02:37 - Jun 14 with 2934 viewsHARRY10

I recorded a bit of

GB News on 07:03 - Jun 14 with 2798 viewsElderGrizzly

GB News on 22:08 - Jun 13 by StokieBlue

Didn't even know it had launched, which in my opinion is probably how it should be.

Certainly not worth flicking away from the excellent match for!

SB

Summed up in one photo

Well 2 actually

[Post edited 14 Jun 2021 7:06]
A dark day for the UK indeed (n/t) on 07:32 - Jun 14 with 2739 viewsunstableblue

GB News on 07:03 - Jun 14 by ElderGrizzly

Summed up in one photo

Well 2 actually

[Post edited 14 Jun 2021 7:06]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Ha ha on 07:47 - Jun 14 with 2688 viewsunstableblue

GB News on 23:54 - Jun 13 by The_Major

How bizarre…. He won’t be on again

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

GB News on 08:55 - Jun 14 with 2561 viewsHARRY10

GB News on 22:36 - Jun 13 by factual_blue

I'm surprised he's got the resources to launch his own TV channel.

He doesn't, others will be backing him

The problem though is that the revenue stream from advertisers will be dependent upon what Farage referred to as 'low grade people'. Not the greatest source to pull in the money... Woodbines, Cash Generator, Daily Star, Pay Day loans etc

And it will find, as has Fox News, that it has to pander to its audience by covering ever more way out 'conspiracy theory' type stories that are the stock in trade of David Icke.

So it should be borne in mind how sensitive sponsors and advertisers are now in regard to protecting their image.

It won't take much for an adverse reaction to one loose comment this nuthouse will have to spew out before revenue will be quickly pulled (see LBC with Farage, Hopkins).
GB News on 09:19 - Jun 14 with 2506 viewsElderGrizzly

GB News on 08:55 - Jun 14 by HARRY10

He doesn't, others will be backing him

The problem though is that the revenue stream from advertisers will be dependent upon what Farage referred to as 'low grade people'. Not the greatest source to pull in the money... Woodbines, Cash Generator, Daily Star, Pay Day loans etc

And it will find, as has Fox News, that it has to pander to its audience by covering ever more way out 'conspiracy theory' type stories that are the stock in trade of David Icke.

So it should be borne in mind how sensitive sponsors and advertisers are now in regard to protecting their image.

It won't take much for an adverse reaction to one loose comment this nuthouse will have to spew out before revenue will be quickly pulled (see LBC with Farage, Hopkins).

Someone else will give you the whoosh as they were implying it was George Burley :)

But on the actual GB News, yes. Entirely funded by foreign investors

GB News on 09:58 - Jun 14 with 2413 viewsPinewoodblue

I’m sure the targeted audience would have been happy with what they saw, apart presumably Alan Sugar’s apparent contribution.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

GB News on 10:31 - Jun 14 with 2308 viewsHARRY10

GB News on 09:58 - Jun 14 by Pinewoodblue

I’m sure the targeted audience would have been happy with what they saw, apart presumably Alan Sugar’s apparent contribution.

And poor Mr Farage being cut off in mid flow, as it cut to a Co-op pizza advert.

Of course, the claim is this is the voice if the outsider....the unheard.

Though you would have had to have been deaf to not have had yours ears assailed regularly by this assembly of media (un) luvvies. All funded by an investment group based in the Middle East.

Cranks, nut jobs and just shameless opportunists to a man (and the odd woman*) this is going to be a daily harangue of the permanently angry venting their ignorance, and bigotry.

A true Father Ted type Jurrasic Park nursing home.

* literally odd
GB News on 10:33 - Jun 14 with 2298 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good god no. It sounds awful based on the names you've listed in the OP. It'll be a complete loon fest with little basis in reality. Lots of divs waving Union Jacks and pretending to Make Britain Great Again via a platform that is predominantly foreign owned.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

GB News on 10:41 - Jun 14 with 2260 viewsSwansea_Blue

GB News on 10:31 - Jun 14 by HARRY10

And poor Mr Farage being cut off in mid flow, as it cut to a Co-op pizza advert.

Of course, the claim is this is the voice if the outsider....the unheard.

Though you would have had to have been deaf to not have had yours ears assailed regularly by this assembly of media (un) luvvies. All funded by an investment group based in the Middle East.

Cranks, nut jobs and just shameless opportunists to a man (and the odd woman*) this is going to be a daily harangue of the permanently angry venting their ignorance, and bigotry.

A true Father Ted type Jurrasic Park nursing home.

* literally odd

"A true Father Ted type Jurrasic Park nursing home"

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

GB News on 10:44 - Jun 14 with 2238 viewsOldsmoker

I've read the MSM reviews of GB News and they weren't kind.
But they would say that wouldn't they 'cos they're MSM.
The Guardian gives them a year.

My own take is that they're mistaken that average-Joe-English wants this sort of news channel.
Average Joe doesn't bother with politics and he won't be tuning in.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

GB News on 11:07 - Jun 14 with 2172 viewsHARRY10

GB News on 10:44 - Jun 14 by Oldsmoker

My own take is that they're mistaken that average-Joe-English wants this sort of news channel.

If, as it suggests, it will not be any rolling news coverage and just assorted nutters spouting biased and doubtlessly factually inaccurate opinion then who but the most crazed will want to sit and watch the likes of Roger Daltrey ranting about his pet grievance, along with a host of similarly minded fruitcakes doing likewise.

Churning out the same biased guff hour after hour on the basis that

‘we won’t hold back’ from reporting when things go wrong in the country, they will not ‘come at every story with a conviction that Britain is always at fault, usually to blame when things go wrong, generally useless’

will soon bore even the most dedicated bigot.

These cranks read the Mail and Express to get themselves wound up, seething in a vat of their own bile. In the dead certainty that the world around them is a conspiracy to 'do them down' and political correctness* is its tool whereby unwarranted favour is shown to those who are not 'normal' ie them

It will fail, or have to dramatically change very quickly

* don't you mean 'woke' - do keep up on what the current slogan is painted on the barn wall
GB News on 11:28 - Jun 14 with 2120 viewsfactual_blue

GB News on 09:19 - Jun 14 by ElderGrizzly

Someone else will give you the whoosh as they were implying it was George Burley :)

But on the actual GB News, yes. Entirely funded by foreign investors

If you think I meant Mr Burley, you're also deserving of a whoosh.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

GB News on 12:15 - Jun 14 with 2035 viewsOldsmoker

GB News on 11:07 - Jun 14 by HARRY10

If, as it suggests, it will not be any rolling news coverage and just assorted nutters spouting biased and doubtlessly factually inaccurate opinion then who but the most crazed will want to sit and watch the likes of Roger Daltrey ranting about his pet grievance, along with a host of similarly minded fruitcakes doing likewise.

‘we won’t hold back’ from reporting when things go wrong in the country, they will not ‘come at every story with a conviction that Britain is always at fault, usually to blame when things go wrong, generally useless’

These cranks read the Mail and Express to get themselves wound up, seething in a vat of their own bile. In the dead certainty that the world around them is a conspiracy to 'do them down' and political correctness* is its tool whereby unwarranted favour is shown to those who are not 'normal' ie them

* don't you mean 'woke' - do keep up on what the current slogan is painted on the barn wall

The Fox News model in the US has a viewership of some 2mil.
That's not a lot.
However, they are constantly quoted on other News channels who want to point out how nuts Fox is.
I think GB News is hoping for the same, that the BBC, ITV and the right-wing papers quote them often.
However, why would the current News media want to give them the oxygen of publicity for free?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

GB News on 12:18 - Jun 14 with 2016 viewsElderGrizzly

GB News on 10:44 - Jun 14 by Oldsmoker

I've seen the GB News folk saying their numbers were higher than Sky News at 8pm.

As i've said elsewhere, lots of people attend a circus when it rolls into town to see the freak show. You don't go back every day...
GB News on 12:19 - Jun 14 with 2004 viewsElderGrizzly

GB News on 11:28 - Jun 14 by factual_blue

If you think I meant Mr Burley, you're also deserving of a whoosh.

Ah, i've twigged.

I'm sure GB is a man of ample resources :)
GB News on 12:21 - Jun 14 with 1995 viewsElderGrizzly

GB News on 11:07 - Jun 14 by HARRY10

I can't verify this (as don't know you verify broadcasting licences), but apparently their licence is as an entertainment service, not a news channel.

Means they have much more licence to spout 'opinion' and never have the news label held over them
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024