Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There is some right scum in the world 09:33 - Jun 14 with 6474 viewsTractorCam

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

There is some right scum in the world on 09:49 - Jun 14 with 3174 viewsbrazil1982

I would imagine a high chance of identifying them. What an odd thing to do at night.
There is some right scum in the world on 09:49 - Jun 14 with 3172 viewsCotty

WTAF? What is wrong with people?!
There is some right scum in the world on 09:53 - Jun 14 with 3150 viewsStokieBlue

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

There is some right scum in the world on 09:59 - Jun 14 with 3106 viewsBluespeed225

We have one on our esate, in the doorway of an Indian restaurant. I'm always surprised its still intact.
There is some right scum in the world on 10:02 - Jun 14 with 3078 viewsTractorCam

There is some right scum in the world on 09:49 - Jun 14 by Cotty

"Alright mate, want to do something really funny?"

There is some right scum in the world on 10:11 - Jun 14 with 3019 viewslazyblue

Wtf,before giving them a good slapping I would just want to know why they did this ! Why?!
There is some right scum in the world on 10:27 - Jun 14 with 2930 viewsSwansea_Blue

Idiots

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

There is some right scum in the world on 10:31 - Jun 14 with 2915 viewsN2_Blue

There is some right scum in the world on 09:49 - Jun 14 by brazil1982

I would imagine a high chance of identifying them. What an odd thing to do at night.

What absolute scum, that is disgusting. Not even done on drunken impulse, it's a sustained attack over a few minutes.

With a beak that big, someone will recognise him instantly i hope.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

There is some right scum in the world on 10:45 - Jun 14 with 2868 viewsCrawfordsboot

Before we put these two up against the wall and shoot them stop and think.

Should they be called “right scum”, “given a good slapping” etc. Or should we sit them down, show them a film of a defibrillator saving someone’s life and then ask them to think about the consequences of their actions, and to write those reflections down?

All kids make mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes are quite serious. It is how adults respond to those mistakes that will define how the kids in turn respond and hopefully learn.

A good slapping simply encourages them not to get caught.
There is some right scum in the world on 11:06 - Jun 14 with 2792 viewsBlue_Order

Reminds me of the time when a pair of little kuntz on my estate stole the oxygen tanks out the back of an Ambulance, while the paramedics were busy dealing with the aftermath of a house fire.
There is some right scum in the world on 11:07 - Jun 14 with 2773 viewsTrumptonBlue

There is some right scum in the world on 11:15 - Jun 14 with 2735 viewsTractorCam

There is some right scum in the world on 10:45 - Jun 14 by Crawfordsboot

Should they be called “right scum”, “given a good slapping” etc. Or should we sit them down, show them a film of a defibrillator saving someone’s life and then ask them to think about the consequences of their actions, and to write those reflections down?

All kids make mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes are quite serious. It is how adults respond to those mistakes that will define how the kids in turn respond and hopefully learn.

Sorry I don't agree, they knew exactly what it was and what they were doing.

Of course if they've made an arrest then show them a video like you mention, maybe it will have an impact. They may come out of it better, but at this moment of time they are scum.

There is some right scum in the world on 11:27 - Jun 14 with 2696 viewsHARRY10

Sussex Police
@sussex_police
·
2h
We are investigating a report of a defibrillator being damaged and stolen at Buxted FC on 13 June.

A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage.

While the comments above reflect the outrage the actions have caused, I would urge caution here. A mob mentality will simply cause more problems for the police, and most likely his (not involved) family.

Until we know why, we can't know how best to deal with him and the other person. Though it is an action that suggests teaching teenagers at school how to use these vital bits of equipment might be a better hour or so spent than learning by rote the Kings and Queens of Britain.
There is some right scum in the world on 11:38 - Jun 14 with 2633 viewschicoazul

There is some right scum in the world on 09:49 - Jun 14 by Cotty

Impressing the girl he is with…? My guess.
Poor young fella. Going to struggle with this against his name for the rest of his life.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Plus he's got a massive conk. (n/t) on 11:40 - Jun 14 with 2618 viewsBloots

There is some right scum in the world on 11:38 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

Impressing the girl he is with…? My guess.
Poor young fella. Going to struggle with this against his name for the rest of his life.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Plus he's got a massive conk. (n/t) on 11:41 - Jun 14 with 2613 viewsBeckets

Plus he's got a massive conk. (n/t) on 11:40 - Jun 14 by Bloots

I wonder if GB News is all over this?
There is some right scum in the world on 11:44 - Jun 14 with 2607 viewsSouperJim

There is some right scum in the world on 10:45 - Jun 14 by Crawfordsboot

Well yes, but let's not let a well reasoned, thought out response get in the way of a good witch hunt.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

There is some right scum in the world on 11:47 - Jun 14 with 2589 viewsSouperJim

There is some right scum in the world on 11:15 - Jun 14 by TractorCam

Sorry I don't agree, they knew exactly what it was and what they were doing.

Of course if they've made an arrest then show them a video like you mention, maybe it will have an impact. They may come out of it better, but at this moment of time they are scum.

There is no way you can state they knew what it was.

They hysterical response to this is laughable. They're kids, kids do utterly stupid things sometimes. They need to learn from their mistakes, not be burned at the stake for them. I bet most of us did things as a teenager we're not proud of as adults.

There is some right scum in the world on 12:07 - Jun 14 with 2475 viewsN2_Blue

There is some right scum in the world on 11:47 - Jun 14 by SouperJim

There is no way you can state they knew what it was.

They hysterical response to this is laughable. They're kids, kids do utterly stupid things sometimes. They need to learn from their mistakes, not be burned at the stake for them. I bet most of us did things as a teenager we're not proud of as adults.

and this soft touch response is exactly why society is where it is today and levels of respect for people and property are lower than ever.

I'm sure people did do things they're not proud of as a teenager but i am also sure 'most' did not go around doing needless criminal damage.

Something is going very wrong in society and yes learning and education is at the forefront but these individuals need to be punished as well as educated to the error of their ways. There have to be repercussions. Many do this kind of thing because there is no deterrent, its fun to them and a slap on the wrist won't stop them doing it again.

They need to be both shamed and educated...so that they both learn and realise there are repercussions to this type of behaviour.

There is some right scum in the world on 12:08 - Jun 14 with 2470 viewschicoazul

There is some right scum in the world on 12:07 - Jun 14 by N2_Blue

and this soft touch response is exactly why society is where it is today and levels of respect for people and property are lower than ever.

I'm sure people did do things they're not proud of as a teenager but i am also sure 'most' did not go around doing needless criminal damage.

Something is going very wrong in society and yes learning and education is at the forefront but these individuals need to be punished as well as educated to the error of their ways. There have to be repercussions. Many do this kind of thing because there is no deterrent, its fun to them and a slap on the wrist won't stop them doing it again.

They need to be both shamed and educated...so that they both learn and realise there are repercussions to this type of behaviour.

Why “shamed”?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

There is some right scum in the world on 12:09 - Jun 14 with 2473 viewsMattinLondon

I’ve read the comments on the Twitter feed and one fella stated that if anyone happened and the defibrillator couldn’t have been used due to vandalism the two could be charged with manslaughter - is this legally correct?
[Post edited 14 Jun 2021 12:10]
There is some right scum in the world on 12:21 - Jun 14 with 2386 viewsN2_Blue

There is some right scum in the world on 12:08 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

Why “shamed”?

Because there needs to be repercussions and for others who do this kind of thing or think it's just fun to see how such behaviour will have a detrimental impact on their life.

Going forward they are young enough for them each to demonstrate they have learnt from this and to do things in the community that will show they are reformed (if they are actually not scum and t's just a horrible mindless mistake on their part). But yes they will have some tough times coming up, that's the consequence of their action, and the emphasis will now be on them to do things to win forgiveness and show reformed character.

There is some right scum in the world on 12:21 - Jun 14 with 2384 viewsSouperJim

There is some right scum in the world on 12:07 - Jun 14 by N2_Blue

I have worked with some of the most challenging young people you could wish to come across for a number of years, both in and out of education, and if you think the main issue here is a lack of deterrent I'm afraid you're entirely ignorant to the issues many teenagers face. You know absolutely nothing about these individuals, why they did what they did, if they have ever been in trouble with the police before etc. People leaping to condemn and hurl abuse at them is in no way helpful and only serves to further demonise all young people and perpetuate the cycle.

For what it's worth, yes it is a very stupid criminal act for which there, quite rightly, will be serious repercussions.

There is some right scum in the world on 12:24 - Jun 14 with 2371 viewschicoazul

There is some right scum in the world on 12:21 - Jun 14 by N2_Blue

Because there needs to be repercussions and for others who do this kind of thing or think it's just fun to see how such behaviour will have a detrimental impact on their life.

Going forward they are young enough for them each to demonstrate they have learnt from this and to do things in the community that will show they are reformed (if they are actually not scum and t's just a horrible mindless mistake on their part). But yes they will have some tough times coming up, that's the consequence of their action, and the emphasis will now be on them to do things to win forgiveness and show reformed character.

I agree there needs to be a form of punishment but “shamed” seems very wrong to me. Shaming children. Shamed now can mean a ruined life an inability to earn a living and chronic mental health problems. I think this is a very bad thing to agitate for.

There is some right scum in the world on 12:28 - Jun 14 with 2335 viewsSouperJim

There is some right scum in the world on 12:21 - Jun 14 by N2_Blue

Good god, yes let's ensure we shame them, if we're lucky that'll help them feel really worthless, ensuring they continue to repress their feelings and develop further problem behaviors. Never mind the cost of a new defibrillator, if we do a really top job of shaming them we can ensure the future cost to society could buy a fleet of ambulances.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024