Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Budapest 17:11 - Jun 15 with 2947 viewsronnyd

Seems odd seeing a capacity crowd in the stadium for the match today.
Budapest on 17:12 - Jun 15 with 2374 views26_Paz

It’s really great to see. Something for us all to look forward to.

The Paz Man

Budapest on 17:14 - Jun 15 with 2370 viewsRomeo4

Makes such a difference. So much better as a spectacle.

Lively atmosphere so far. I expect Portugal will win so that might quieten the locals a bit.
Budapest on 17:15 - Jun 15 with 2362 viewsSteve_M

I can't remember if Orban is a covid denier as well as a fascist but the two do seem to go together.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Budapest on 17:18 - Jun 15 with 2348 viewsFtnfwest

Highest death rate in Europe?, nah crack on
Budapest on 17:18 - Jun 15 with 2345 viewsStokieBlue

Budapest on 17:15 - Jun 15 by Steve_M

I can't remember if Orban is a covid denier as well as a fascist but the two do seem to go together.

Scaled for population, Hungary have had 60% more deaths than the UK and the 2nd worst deaths per million in the world so I would assume C19 denial is another one of his less savoury pursuits.

Not that these things bother Paz, you can't put a price on freedom after all.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 17:19]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Budapest on 17:22 - Jun 15 with 2295 viewsSwansea_Blue

Second highest death rate globally according to the worldometers.info dashboard. And a very low vaccination rate. So likely he's' not taken it too seriously.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Budapest on 17:23 - Jun 15 with 2276 viewsBlueBadger

Budapest on 17:18 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

Scaled for population, Hungary have had 60% more deaths than the UK and the 2nd worst deaths per million in the world so I would assume C19 denial is another one of his less savoury pursuits.

SB

Being in favour of foreign facists is the height of patriotism.
Ask Stephen Yaxley-Lennon.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Budapest on 17:24 - Jun 15 with 2275 viewsSarge

Budapest on 17:12 - Jun 15 by 26_Paz

It’s really great to see. Something for us all to look forward to.

It’s odd, it’s like looking through a window into an old and better world.
Login to get fewer ads

Budapest on 17:24 - Jun 15 with 2274 viewsMerseyBlue

I seem to remember he was a bit of a soft-denier at the outset, before shifting the blame to the Chinese, and then doing the bare minimum which has led them to where they are now.

Looking at the charts, whilst their new cases and deaths have substantially dropped in line with pretty much everyone else, they do look primed for a pretty unpleasant third wave.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Budapest on 17:26 - Jun 15 with 2254 viewsStokieBlue

Budapest on 17:24 - Jun 15 by Sarge

A better world with the 2nd highest death rate in the world and not many vaccinated people?

I guess people view things differently. To me it looks like a horrible third wave about to rip through a largely unvaccinated population.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 17:27]

Budapest on 17:27 - Jun 15 with 2241 viewsBlueBadger

Budapest on 17:24 - Jun 15 by Sarge

...if you count 1930's Germany as 'older and better'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Budapest on 17:31 - Jun 15 with 2215 viewsSarge

Budapest on 17:26 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

A better world with the 2nd highest death rate in the world and not many vaccinated people?

I guess people view things differently. To me it looks like a horrible third wave about to rip through a largely unvaccinated population.

SB

I’m not saying that Hungary right now is a better world, but it’s a vision of a world where people are free to do as they want and, god forbid, are allowed to be happy and live their lives without having to caveat everything about how they’re doing it ‘safely’.

I’m sure most of us can agree we want that back.
Budapest on 17:33 - Jun 15 with 2199 viewsBlueBadger

Budapest on 17:31 - Jun 15 by Sarge

I’m not saying that Hungary right now is a better world, but it’s a vision of a world where people are free to do as they want and, god forbid, are allowed to be happy and live their lives without having to caveat everything about how they’re doing it ‘safely’.

I’m sure most of us can agree we want that back.

....as long as you're white, straight and male with no health issues or disabilities.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 17:34]

Budapest on 17:35 - Jun 15 with 2164 viewsSarge

Budapest on 17:33 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

....as long as you're white, straight and male with no health issues or disabilities.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 17:34]

Once again, I am not talking about Hungary specifically,

Just that watching this is a reminder of the old world when things were better and life was worth living. I really didn’t think I was being that unclear.
Budapest on 17:36 - Jun 15 with 2148 viewsBlueBadger

Budapest on 17:35 - Jun 15 by Sarge

Once again, I am not talking about Hungary specifically,

Just that watching this is a reminder of the old world when things were better and life was worth living. I really didn’t think I was being that unclear.

You literally cited a country run by facists as a vision of a better world.

Budapest on 17:37 - Jun 15 with 2132 viewsSarge

Budapest on 17:36 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

You literally cited a country run by facists as a vision of a better world.

Erm, no I was referring to a football game.
Budapest on 17:37 - Jun 15 with 2121 viewsStewart27

Looks mega.

Would love to be there.
Budapest on 17:38 - Jun 15 with 2113 viewspointofblue

Budapest on 17:26 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

SB

I think they said on commentary that every one in attendance had to have proof of vaccine.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Budapest on 18:01 - Jun 15 with 2015 viewsScuzzer

Budapest on 17:22 - Jun 15 by Swansea_Blue

Second highest death rate globally according to the worldometers.info dashboard. And a very low vaccination rate. So likely he's' not taken it too seriously.

From what I have just seen they have a full vaccination rate of 42%...compared to our 45%.
Not that much difference. Death rate of 3.75% to our 2.8%...so about a full point more.

Established 1968

Budapest on 18:05 - Jun 15 with 1998 views26_Paz

Budapest on 17:18 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

SB

I just saw a full crowd and remarked upon how I am looking forward to being part of things like that again. There’s nothing to see here!

The Paz Man

Budapest on 18:07 - Jun 15 with 1988 viewsSwansea_Blue

Budapest on 18:01 - Jun 15 by Scuzzer

From what I have just seen they have a full vaccination rate of 42%...compared to our 45%.
Not that much difference. Death rate of 3.75% to our 2.8%...so about a full point more.

Oops, I was looking at tests not vaccines. Apologies. Death rate seems substantially higher though - deaths in UK = 1,875/million population. In Hungary 3,106/million. I don't know the reasons behind these figures though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Budapest on 18:10 - Jun 15 with 1959 viewspbishop1799

I really hope Hungary win :-)
Budapest on 18:11 - Jun 15 with 1950 viewsStokieBlue

Budapest on 18:01 - Jun 15 by Scuzzer

My mistake on the vaccinations. They have been sourcing them from Russia and China and have vaccinated quite a few people. Proof of vaccination is a simple wristband picked up the day before the match, that seems rife for possible abuse.

The death rate looks off though, they have the second most deaths per million in the world after Peru.

Still seems a bit irresponsible given all the other European countries with less deaths per million are using reduced capacities.

I don't deny it sounds great but given where we are it doesn't seem the right thing to do.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 18:31]

Budapest on 18:28 - Jun 15 with 1858 viewsBlue_Order

Great to see ultras behind the goal too.
Budapest on 18:31 - Jun 15 with 1841 viewsReuser_is_God

Budapest on 18:28 - Jun 15 by Blue_Order

Great to see ultras behind the goal too.

Love it when they all wear black too.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024