Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? 17:28 - Jun 15 with 1251 viewsTractorFrog

Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? on 17:33 - Jun 15 with 1192 viewsWeirdFishes

Reasonably pleased I’d say. I don’t think you’ll get much more for someone with 0 goals and 1 (?) assist in League One.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? on 17:40 - Jun 15 with 1151 viewsMerseyBlue

It's sad to see one of our own go and I wish him well with the next phase of his career. We've never seen the best of him thanks to poor management, a poor team around him and injury. I don't personally think he will make that next jump to the Premier League, and I'm not entirely convinced he'll be good enough for QPR's Chamionship ambitions but we will see.

1 million seems a fair fee for all parties, it gives him a chance to reinvigorate his career, and the sell-on clause is a good insurance should he suddenly blossom into something special. Best of luck Andre.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 17:40]

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? on 17:41 - Jun 15 with 1142 viewshoppy

Did it not let you put "Are you more pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million rather than him leaving on a free that he would've done if he hadn't had a clause inserted into his contract renewal?" in the heading?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? on 17:56 - Jun 15 with 1074 viewsWickets

But we could not keep him as QPR triggered his buy out clause !
Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? on 17:59 - Jun 15 with 1061 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not especially pleased, no. I thought he'd turned a corner after this season. But if the bid met the release clause and then he wanted to go, there's not a lot we can do about it. I can't remember the last time we invested any money in new signings effectively, so let's hope we have a better transfer window this time round.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? on 18:28 - Jun 15 with 982 viewsTractorFrog

Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? on 17:56 - Jun 15 by Wickets

But we could not keep him as QPR triggered his buy out clause !

Read it as 'I would prefer to have kept him,' instead then.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? on 18:38 - Jun 15 with 953 viewsGuthrum

Sorry to see him go, but think this is the best for Dozzell himself and a pretty decent return for the club.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? on 18:44 - Jun 15 with 926 viewsRyorry

Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? on 18:38 - Jun 15 by Guthrum

Sorry to see him go, but think this is the best for Dozzell himself and a pretty decent return for the club.

Sorry but I just can't see how it's a "decent return for the club" when you think about the number of years we've invested in him, including his very lengthy spells out injured.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? on 18:57 - Jun 15 with 864 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? on 18:44 - Jun 15 by Ryorry

Sorry but I just can't see how it's a "decent return for the club" when you think about the number of years we've invested in him, including his very lengthy spells out injured.

Because he is clearly not the right player for what we need at the moment and we are getting a guaranteed fee instead of persisting paying his wages until he goes for little/no fee at the end of it.

I would have loved Andre to become more than his Dad was for us but, realistically it was not going to happen. The second best is that he becomes a really good player elsewhere. His dad's move away was the wrong one for him (aside from financially) but I think this is far more likely to work out.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? on 19:00 - Jun 15 with 853 viewsGuthrum

Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? on 18:44 - Jun 15 by Ryorry

£1m plus a sell-on is not bad money for a player of his age/experience/record. Especially as there are an unusually large number of free transfers available this window. Doubt we could have got much more for him in League One with the season he's just had (not horrendous, but not sparkling either).

He was never, under the present circumstances, going to be able to repay all that's been invested in him. So, as such, it is a decent reurn, IMO.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? on 20:37 - Jun 15 with 733 viewsblueislander

Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? on 17:33 - Jun 15 by WeirdFishes

Reasonably pleased I’d say. I don’t think you’ll get much more for someone with 0 goals and 1 (?) assist in League One.

The “assist” figure is meaningless. Our strikers last year couldn’t hit a cow’s a-se with a banjo.
Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? on 21:26 - Jun 15 with 627 viewsRyorry

Are you pleased with the sale of Andre Dozzell for one million? on 19:00 - Jun 15 by Guthrum

£1m plus a sell-on is not bad money for a player of his age/experience/record. Especially as there are an unusually large number of free transfers available this window. Doubt we could have got much more for him in League One with the season he's just had (not horrendous, but not sparkling either).

He was never, under the present circumstances, going to be able to repay all that's been invested in him. So, as such, it is a decent reurn, IMO.

Fair points (NthSuffolkBlue too) esp re the unusually large number of free transfers available this window 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024