Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Vokes a good option? 14:07 - Jun 16 with 1311 viewsitfcpaul

Available on loan from Stoke City?

Looked at his stats for last season and pretty poor, apologies for asking...
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 14:10]

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Sam Vokes a good option? on 14:09 - Jun 16 with 1286 viewsMrTown

Absolutely not. I have watched him at Stoke, he is really poor, and is on huge wages there.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Sam Vokes a good option? on 14:15 - Jun 16 with 1213 viewsclive_baker

Don't apologise for asking.

He's a strange one, he looked decent for Burnley and seemed to score a few goals, but he's properly flopped at Stoke. A very Burnley / Dyche type player really, until they seemingly upgraded with Wood. I would imagine he'll stay in the Championship, you would think Stoke would want a fair chunk of change / contribution for him given what they paid and what he's likely on.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sam Vokes a good option? on 16:11 - Jun 16 with 899 viewsBowls1e

I'm a season ticket holder at Stoke (live there now & wife's a supporter) & he is a figure of ridicule there. He looks about 20 stone trying to shift around the pitch & doesn't even hold the ball up particularly well. Wouldn't be what we should be looking for in my opinion & likely to be on at least 10k per week.

Cousins is who we should have signed from Stoke.
Sam Vokes a good option? on 16:19 - Jun 16 with 830 viewsWallingford_Boy

Sam Vokes a good option? on 16:11 - Jun 16 by Bowls1e

I'm a season ticket holder at Stoke (live there now & wife's a supporter) & he is a figure of ridicule there. He looks about 20 stone trying to shift around the pitch & doesn't even hold the ball up particularly well. Wouldn't be what we should be looking for in my opinion & likely to be on at least 10k per week.

Yes Cousins is decent, but joined the Wigan revolution!

RIP Sir Bobby

Sam Vokes a good option? on 16:23 - Jun 16 with 795 viewsITFC_Forever

Absolutely not from me as well.

As the Stoke ST holder on the thread says, he's a figure of ridicule at there. Mate is a Stoke fan and they detest him - the very definition of a lazy player who can't be bothered on the pitch or off it and is happy to collect his massive wages.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Sam Vokes a good option? on 16:37 - Jun 16 with 733 viewsMrTown

Sam Vokes a good option? on 16:11 - Jun 16 by Bowls1e

Cousins was very poor for Stoke as well.

Again someone on good wages though, would be interested to know what Wigan are paying him.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Sam Vokes a good option? on 16:42 - Jun 16 with 702 viewswkj

Like Charlie Adam, Vokes peaked early - I don't think he comes close to the Vokes that used to cause problems with Ings. If Vokes does get a L1 loan - the likely destination will be Shrewsbury - Cotterill connection.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 16:43]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Sam Vokes a good option? on 17:10 - Jun 16 with 602 viewsrayman_10

When I saw the name, I thought ‘no chance, his wages will be too high’ but after a quick google I see Shrewsbury are favourites to sign him on loan? So my theory potentially out the window.

However, like most have eluded too, is he the pressing forward Paul Cook wants or is he a past it journeyman who’s career looks only to be going down? I think the latter.

COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024