Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenny Powell 15:49 - Jun 16 with 2717 viewsMetal_Hacker

Still got it ….just saying

Oh and Melanie Sykes

[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 15:51]

Poll: If it were one or the other

Jenny Powell on 15:53 - Jun 16 with 2659 viewsCoastalblue

What was that weird programme she started on? I think it might have been a Jonathon King thing? Her and a guy who were complete amateurs given a chance to present a TV show or am I just going mad?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Jenny Powell on 15:55 - Jun 16 with 2629 viewsMetal_Hacker

Jenny Powell on 15:53 - Jun 16 by Coastalblue

What was that weird programme she started on? I think it might have been a Jonathon King thing? Her and a guy who were complete amateurs given a chance to present a TV show or am I just going mad?

You’re right as I seem to remember something. Seems she’s been around for years now

Right I’m gonna Google

Jenny Powell on 15:57 - Jun 16 with 2616 viewsMetal_Hacker

Jenny Powell on 15:53 - Jun 16 by Coastalblue

Tv show was called No Limits

She’s 53 ….wow !!!

Liz Hurley is 56..... on 17:02 - Jun 16 with 2374 viewsBloots

.....just saying.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Liz Hurley is 56..... on 17:06 - Jun 16 with 2344 viewshoppy

Liz Hurley is 56..... on 17:02 - Jun 16 by Bloots

.....just saying.

So, from this thread alone, I've discovered I'm just underneath both Jenny Powell and Liz Hurley...

Fair enough.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Liz Hurley is 56..... on 17:11 - Jun 16 with 2297 viewsronnyd

Liz Hurley is 56..... on 17:06 - Jun 16 by hoppy

So, from this thread alone, I've discovered I'm just underneath both Jenny Powell and Liz Hurley...

Fair enough.

You should be so lucky.
Liz Hurley is 56..... on 18:18 - Jun 16 with 2174 viewsMetal_Hacker

Liz Hurley is 56..... on 17:02 - Jun 16 by Bloots

.....just saying.

Yeah you got me. She’d be in my top ten if she played her cards right

Jenny Powell on 20:50 - Jun 16 with 2010 viewsfactual_blue

Glad to see rampant sexism is still alive.

Actually, I'm not glad, just disappointed.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 20:58]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Liz Hurley is 56..... on 21:33 - Jun 16 with 1879 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Liz Hurley is 56..... on 17:11 - Jun 16 by ronnyd

You should be so lucky.

He didn't mention Kylie.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Liz Hurley is 56..... on 23:55 - Jun 16 with 1710 viewshoppy

Liz Hurley is 56..... on 21:33 - Jun 16 by StochesStotasBlewe

He didn't mention Kylie.

I didn’t… but now you mention her, I’m under her as well…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Jenny Powell on 02:07 - Jun 17 with 1654 viewsbournemouthblue

Jenny Powell on 20:50 - Jun 16 by factual_blue

Glad to see rampant sexism is still alive.

Actually, I'm not glad, just disappointed.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 20:58]

It's not really sexism though is it, voyeuristic and distasteful, certainly?

It's certainly not ageist, though, so that's kind of a positive in one sense

I'm throwing Salma Hayek in the TWTD certified cougar suggestions pot

[Post edited 17 Jun 2021 2:10]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Jenny Powell on 06:34 - Jun 17 with 1572 viewsbluelagos

Jenny Powell on 02:07 - Jun 17 by bournemouthblue

"It's not really sexism though is it, voyeuristic and distasteful, certainly?"

It's the objectification of women. The idea that women are first and foremost here for men's pleasure.

Two problems with that, first is that threads like this hardly make Twtd a welcoming space for women supporters/Twtdrs. I would imagine threads like this at best bore them silly, at worst some may find them upsetting.

Second problem is some men fail to stop at objectifying women and go on to harass women and worse. And this place is frequented by many young and impressionable men.

Threads like this normalise that objectification and some may take away that "objectifying women" is a cool/ legitimate way of conducting themselves.

For those so inclined, there are plenty of places on the internet to find pics of scantily clad women, don't see why people feel the need to share any on here tbh.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Jenny Powell on 09:16 - Jun 17 with 1409 viewsfactual_blue

Jenny Powell on 02:07 - Jun 17 by bournemouthblue

What if the picture were of a black woman in a bikini and the picture were captioned 'check out this hot n*gg**?

Sexism, racism?

Or both?

Now that sensible people are all agreed that racism is wrong and that black lives matter, that doesn't give people a free pass to be sexist.

It's a great disappointment that Phil hasn't included it in the T&Cs. But he's happy to accept rampant agesim, so I'm not holding out much hope.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Jenny Powell on 09:20 - Jun 17 with 1391 viewsZXBlue

Jenny Powell on 06:34 - Jun 17 by bluelagos

It's the objectification of women. The idea that women are first and foremost here for men's pleasure.

Two problems with that, first is that threads like this hardly make Twtd a welcoming space for women supporters/Twtdrs. I would imagine threads like this at best bore them silly, at worst some may find them upsetting.

Second problem is some men fail to stop at objectifying women and go on to harass women and worse. And this place is frequented by many young and impressionable men.

Threads like this normalise that objectification and some may take away that "objectifying women" is a cool/ legitimate way of conducting themselves.

For those so inclined, there are plenty of places on the internet to find pics of scantily clad women, don't see why people feel the need to share any on here tbh.

That's a huge leap from the starting point which is "this woman is attractive".
Jenny Powell on 09:45 - Jun 17 with 1350 viewsbluelagos

Jenny Powell on 09:16 - Jun 17 by factual_blue

What if the picture were of a black woman in a bikini and the picture were captioned 'check out this hot n*gg**?

Sexism, racism?

Or both?

Now that sensible people are all agreed that racism is wrong and that black lives matter, that doesn't give people a free pass to be sexist.

It's a great disappointment that Phil hasn't included it in the T&Cs. But he's happy to accept rampant agesim, so I'm not holding out much hope.

Absolutely. I think that was supposed to be being sorted...

Brad Pitt is 57..... on 09:52 - Jun 17 with 1313 viewsBloots

....just saying.

Jenny Powell on 09:53 - Jun 17 with 1310 viewsbluelagos

Jenny Powell on 09:20 - Jun 17 by ZXBlue

That's a huge leap from the starting point which is "this woman is attractive".

Which of the comments I made do you feel is unfair? Happy to discuss/debate any of the points.

Brad Pitt is 57..... on 10:00 - Jun 17 with 1276 viewsbluelagos

Brad Pitt is 57..... on 09:52 - Jun 17 by Bloots

....just saying.

Pretty much the equivalent of an "All lives matter" retort.

Not really.... on 10:04 - Jun 17 with 1251 viewsBloots

Brad Pitt is 57..... on 10:00 - Jun 17 by bluelagos

Pretty much the equivalent of an "All lives matter" retort.

....I just think he looks pretty damn hot, particularly for a man of his age.

I also think he's a really good actor who doesn't get taken as seriously as he should because of the way he looks.

If anything my "retort" as you call it is merely to highlight that not all views are as narrow and polarised as you might think.

Jenny Powell on 10:06 - Jun 17 with 1231 viewsZXBlue

Jenny Powell on 09:53 - Jun 17 by bluelagos

Which of the comments I made do you feel is unfair? Happy to discuss/debate any of the points.

The things you describe are bad things. They just don't follow from the OP without an enormous leap.
Jenny Powell on 10:27 - Jun 17 with 1184 viewsChiefXL

Jenny Powell on 09:16 - Jun 17 by factual_blue

Sexism, racism?

Or both?

Considering your ignorant and hugely insensitive comments during the Vienna terrorist attack at the tail end of last year, which you did not apologise for, I don't feel you're in a position to get on any high horse.
Jenny Powell on 11:56 - Jun 17 with 1096 viewslightuser

But are you getting into the territory of telling women what they can or can't do because you think that it objectifies them, when it's their choice how they portray themselves?

If you haven't noticed huge numbers of women are starting to get very savvy and are controlling their own narratives about how they wish to portray and act in their sexuality and lives. This will only increase in the future as these ideas spread amongst their peers and they grow "the balls" to stand up to the mysogonists amongst us men.

But also, is it women's fault if men can't control themselves? Are you victim blaming?

I know a solution. Perhaps we can make all women cover themselves totally so that any impessionable men won't be adversly affected by any disgusting woman flesh. Oh and maybe build some nice period houses for that awkward "time of the month " thing. GFM anyone? Child brides? Doweries? Female foeticide?

Let women grow wings and set them free. Us men will just have to live with the consequences and what little crumbs that they deign to throw us in the future.😁😁
Jenny Powell on 12:08 - Jun 17 with 1052 viewsbluelagos

Jenny Powell on 11:56 - Jun 17 by lightuser

But are you getting into the territory of telling women what they can or can't do because you think that it objectifies them, when it's their choice how they portray themselves?

If you haven't noticed huge numbers of women are starting to get very savvy and are controlling their own narratives about how they wish to portray and act in their sexuality and lives. This will only increase in the future as these ideas spread amongst their peers and they grow "the balls" to stand up to the mysogonists amongst us men.

But also, is it women's fault if men can't control themselves? Are you victim blaming?

I know a solution. Perhaps we can make all women cover themselves totally so that any impessionable men won't be adversly affected by any disgusting woman flesh. Oh and maybe build some nice period houses for that awkward "time of the month " thing. GFM anyone? Child brides? Doweries? Female foeticide?

Let women grow wings and set them free. Us men will just have to live with the consequences and what little crumbs that they deign to throw us in the future.😁😁

Not sure I have even commented on any women or what or how they choose to behave. Not my place to comment and I haven't, largely for the reasons you highlight.

I have commented on some men who have chosen to share pics of half naked women along with the usual "I would" type comments.

Jenny Powell on 13:27 - Jun 17 with 932 viewslightuser

Jenny Powell on 12:08 - Jun 17 by bluelagos

Not sure I have even commented on any women or what or how they choose to behave. Not my place to comment and I haven't, largely for the reasons you highlight.

I have commented on some men who have chosen to share pics of half naked women along with the usual "I would" type comments.

No probs BL.

2nd, 4th and 5th paragraphs.

4th I thought was the most "problematic".

But from your reply, obviously unintentional. 👍

But Jenny is half naked? Blimy. Liz's is a party frock and the last one is normal beachwear too.

I didn't take you for a puritan. Are you constantly tutting when you see what's walking down your average high street, if you think that Jenny & co are half naked. Lol
Jenny Powell on 13:40 - Jun 17 with 866 viewsBergholtblue

"It's the objectification of women. The idea that women are first and foremost here for men's pleasure."

I tend to agree, but on the other hand, these are not candid photos. These are publicity shots available in the public domain. Aren't they objectifying themselves?

Poll: Adidas or Umbro?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024