Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terrible penalty (n/t) 18:19 - Jun 16 with 1347 viewsreusersfreekicks

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 18:20 - Jun 16 with 1331 viewscressi

Awful for a man on 500 grand a week
Terrible penalty (n/t) on 18:21 - Jun 16 with 1314 viewsreusersfreekicks

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 18:20 - Jun 16 by cressi

The stutter run up is never a good sign
Well, fancy that on 18:22 - Jun 16 with 1296 viewsSwansea_Blue

A Euro 2020 ball has just landed in my garden. I'll get my footballer neighbours to sign it and then put it on Ebay.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 18:27 - Jun 16 with 1252 viewsRyorry

Idiotic wasn't it - you knew as soon as he took that stupid little extra step it was gonna be one of those clever dick wasted ones. Hope they're not made to regret that.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 18:28 - Jun 16 with 1241 viewsvapour_trail

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 18:21 - Jun 16 by reusersfreekicks

The stutter run up is never a good sign

Unless it’s Fernandez. Or Jorginho.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 18:34 - Jun 16 with 1223 viewsSwansea_Blue

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 18:20 - Jun 16 by cressi

I think he's been awful full stop. I haven't seen anything (assist aside) that suggests he's a top player on those sorts of wages. His passing has been poor, ball retention poor, he can't beat a man for pace any more. Looks very average.

Ramsey on the other hand is having a very good game. Unusually good for him.

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 18:39 - Jun 16 with 1204 viewsvapour_trail

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 18:34 - Jun 16 by Swansea_Blue

I think he's been awful full stop. I haven't seen anything (assist aside) that suggests he's a top player on those sorts of wages. His passing has been poor, ball retention poor, he can't beat a man for pace any more. Looks very average.

Thought he played very well first half.

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 18:39 - Jun 16 with 1208 viewsreusersfreekicks

Not a Bale fan either. Flat track bully in the premier league and seems to have lost his drive. Think the money has done for him
Login to get fewer ads

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 18:52 - Jun 16 with 1171 viewsvapour_trail

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 18:39 - Jun 16 by reusersfreekicks

Not a Bale fan either. Flat track bully in the premier league and seems to have lost his drive. Think the money has done for him

This aged well.

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 18:54 - Jun 16 with 1167 viewsreusersfreekicks

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 18:52 - Jun 16 by vapour_trail

This aged well.

Forgot to mention the exception of his ability from corners at the end of the match
Terrible penalty (n/t) on 18:54 - Jun 16 with 1161 viewschrismakin

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 18:39 - Jun 16 by reusersfreekicks

Great player but really annoys me that he never runs to celebrate with the goalscorer unless he's been thanked first.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:08 - Jun 16 with 1132 viewsSwansea_Blue

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 18:39 - Jun 16 by vapour_trail

Thought he played very well first half.

I spent as much time posting on here as watching the match in the first half, so happy to take your word on it.

I'm being a bit harsh, but I'm underwhelmed probably due to the hype and wages he attracts. He's far from bad, but doesn't hit the levels I'd expect at the absolute top level which is where he's being paid. He was switched on well at the end though, and you can't question his commitment. He sweats blood for his national team, whereas his normal manager (who is currently suspended pending trial for abusing his former partner) couldn't be arsed to turn up for half the games.

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:12 - Jun 16 with 1125 viewsreadtheleaguetable

Bale and Ramsey linked up brilliantly in this game. Carried their very ordinary teammates to the brink of second round.

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:16 - Jun 16 with 1122 viewsWeWereZombies

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:12 - Jun 16 by readtheleaguetable

Bale and Ramsey linked up brilliantly in this game. Carried their very ordinary teammates to the brink of second round.

One of those 'very ordinary' team mates, Joe Morrell, made a crucial goal line clearance in the first half. Might a been a different game if Turkey had taken the lead.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:21 - Jun 16 with 1107 viewsSwansea_Blue

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:12 - Jun 16 by readtheleaguetable

See above. I think the hype is bigger than the end product, not that he's a bad player. Part of it is that Bale has lost his lung busting runs which used to define his game. His experience, leadership and occasional moments of class are still absolutely key though. Just his overall game is a bit lacking compared to where it was and how he's valued.

Ramsey had a stormer - possibly the best match I've seen him play for Wales (and I have to watch them all lol).

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:30 - Jun 16 with 1082 viewsreadtheleaguetable

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:16 - Jun 16 by WeWereZombies

One of those 'very ordinary' team mates, Joe Morrell, made a crucial goal line clearance in the first half. Might a been a different game if Turkey had taken the lead.

Morrell had a good game. But his first save (the spectacular one) was going wide anyway, and for the second clearance at the opposite post, he did what you would hope any professional defender would do.
James was pretty good and the keeper was solid. None of them played badly as individuals and as a team they were tenacious. The ordinary players rose to the occasion. They are Wales. They have all done their nation proud. But they would not be advancing in this tournament without their two star players.

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:39 - Jun 16 with 1077 viewsBarcaBlue

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:21 - Jun 16 by Swansea_Blue

See above. I think the hype is bigger than the end product, not that he's a bad player. Part of it is that Bale has lost his lung busting runs which used to define his game. His experience, leadership and occasional moments of class are still absolutely key though. Just his overall game is a bit lacking compared to where it was and how he's valued.

Ramsey had a stormer - possibly the best match I've seen him play for Wales (and I have to watch them all lol).

I wonder what's next for Bale. He is universally despised and ridiculed in Madrid. Zidane, possibly the most laid back of coaches, just gave up on him. There's an immaturity about his sitting on a mega contract and bigging up his golf playing.

As you say, he's lost what made him such an exciting player, and is left with just flashes of his former self. Maybe MLS or China, I can't see a top European club giving him a last payday.
Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:40 - Jun 16 with 1074 viewschrismakin

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:39 - Jun 16 by BarcaBlue

I wonder what's next for Bale. He is universally despised and ridiculed in Madrid. Zidane, possibly the most laid back of coaches, just gave up on him. There's an immaturity about his sitting on a mega contract and bigging up his golf playing.

As you say, he's lost what made him such an exciting player, and is left with just flashes of his former self. Maybe MLS or China, I can't see a top European club giving him a last payday.

He mentioned his next move is controversial

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:45 - Jun 16 with 1064 viewsvapour_trail

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:40 - Jun 16 by chrismakin

Barca?
Arsenal??
Pompey???

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:48 - Jun 16 with 1055 viewsreadtheleaguetable

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:40 - Jun 16 by chrismakin

I hear he has offered to play for Ipswich free, except for Ed Sheeran concert tickets and John Wark’s signed UEFA Cup jersey

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:57 - Jun 16 with 1026 viewsPhilTWTD

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:30 - Jun 16 by readtheleaguetable

Morrell had a good game. But his first save (the spectacular one) was going wide anyway, and for the second clearance at the opposite post, he did what you would hope any professional defender would do.
James was pretty good and the keeper was solid. None of them played badly as individuals and as a team they were tenacious. The ordinary players rose to the occasion. They are Wales. They have all done their nation proud. But they would not be advancing in this tournament without their two star players.

Joe Morrell was born in Ipswich.
Terrible penalty (n/t) on 01:21 - Jun 17 with 914 viewsBluespeed225

Terrible penalty (n/t) on 19:48 - Jun 16 by readtheleaguetable

I hear he has offered to play for Ipswich free, except for Ed Sheeran concert tickets and John Wark’s signed UEFA Cup jersey

I own Warks signed UEFA Cup jersey (Home leg) and Bale ain't gettin' it! Ed can offer him front row, back stage pass, and round of golf at Fynn Valey 9 hole.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024