Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vaccinations seem to be slowing down 22:16 - Jun 16 with 2107 viewsVic

Just at the time we want them to really ramp up.

What’s going on? Or am I wrong?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 22:17 - Jun 16 with 2098 viewshype313

Think there's stock issues, certainly with Pfizer.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 22:24 - Jun 16 with 2069 viewsPendejo

Refuseniks innit.

Everyone who wants vaxing probably done, the rest clearly fancy their chances against an invisible highly contagious disease.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 22:49 - Jun 16 with 1991 viewsOldsmoker

I get my second jab next Tuesday.
I had to chase my local GP practice to get this.
I got the impression that it was down to me, not them, to arrange this.
The letter from the NHS said the opposite, that I would be texted by my GP within the next 2 weeks and if not then contact them which I did.
I mentioned it to the nurse when I got my INR blood test, and she said NHS letters are being brought into the surgery by patients all the time and sometimes its the first time the GP surgery have seen a copy of it. It seems my GP surgery is learning NHS initiatives first-hand from these letters not from the NHS.
Left hand doesn't know what the right hands doing.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 22:53 - Jun 16 with 1973 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Certainly are slowing down. I had my first one on 1 April and was in and out within a few minutes. I got my second one today and it took about 10 minutes of sitting around waiting for it. Dreadful stuff (especially as the first one was a walk-in and the second was by appointment). Clear evidence that the NHS is not what it used to be even in a matter of 12 weeks.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 23:03 - Jun 16 with 1915 viewsjeera

I am overdue the second one Vic, by a good couple of weeks or more so far.

I was receiving texts at the rate of three a day but wasn't able to get there following an op.

Now I am able there appears to be no appointments. I have rang and was told someone would get back to me but it hasn't happened, so I'll take your post as a reminder and give them another call I think.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 08:25 - Jun 17 with 1631 viewsFreddies_Ears

Govt's own figures a few days ago suggested there is a massive vaccine slowdown, for the next several weeks. Possibly as low as 100k per day. Must be supply issues.

It may not be coincidence that many nearby countries are increasing their pace of vaccination considerably. Germany has recently been vaxing over 1m people per day - they're still way behind UK though their infection rate is tiny compared with ours.Looks like they'll overtake us on vaxing in 6 weeks or so.
Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 08:31 - Jun 17 with 1612 viewsWeWereZombies

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 22:53 - Jun 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Certainly are slowing down. I had my first one on 1 April and was in and out within a few minutes. I got my second one today and it took about 10 minutes of sitting around waiting for it. Dreadful stuff (especially as the first one was a walk-in and the second was by appointment). Clear evidence that the NHS is not what it used to be even in a matter of 12 weeks.

Would it be surprising if some degree of fatigue was setting in after such a determined effort to get the vaccinations going (hence the use of the Army to support the initiative)?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 08:38 - Jun 17 with 1590 viewsElderGrizzly

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 08:25 - Jun 17 by Freddies_Ears

Govt's own figures a few days ago suggested there is a massive vaccine slowdown, for the next several weeks. Possibly as low as 100k per day. Must be supply issues.

It may not be coincidence that many nearby countries are increasing their pace of vaccination considerably. Germany has recently been vaxing over 1m people per day - they're still way behind UK though their infection rate is tiny compared with ours.Looks like they'll overtake us on vaxing in 6 weeks or so.

Official stats here.

Still almost 500k a day with more 2nd doses than first

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations
Login to get fewer ads

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 08:52 - Jun 17 with 1556 viewsSteve_M

Yes, seems to be the case:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 09:03 - Jun 17 with 1517 viewsitfcjoe

I think not giving AZ to U40s is causing things to slow down

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 09:04 - Jun 17 with 1504 viewsZXBlue

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 22:49 - Jun 16 by Oldsmoker

I get my second jab next Tuesday.
I had to chase my local GP practice to get this.
I got the impression that it was down to me, not them, to arrange this.
The letter from the NHS said the opposite, that I would be texted by my GP within the next 2 weeks and if not then contact them which I did.
I mentioned it to the nurse when I got my INR blood test, and she said NHS letters are being brought into the surgery by patients all the time and sometimes its the first time the GP surgery have seen a copy of it. It seems my GP surgery is learning NHS initiatives first-hand from these letters not from the NHS.
Left hand doesn't know what the right hands doing.

Sounds like a problem your surgery's end. I got texts from my gp on time, with links to a booking system. Excellent organisation.
Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 09:10 - Jun 17 with 1485 viewsMookamoo

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 08:31 - Jun 17 by WeWereZombies

Would it be surprising if some degree of fatigue was setting in after such a determined effort to get the vaccinations going (hence the use of the Army to support the initiative)?

There are also a slight logistical issues with the hubs - they have opened more up, but are struggling to find the clinical staff and volunteers to staff them.

Plus in Suffolk, there is a now a mix of AZ being administered by GPs Federation as second jabs and Pfizer first jabs being offered by the Essex and Suffolk Trust. They are not using the same hubs. There are only a certain amount of spare trained clinical staff in the county.
Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 09:29 - Jun 17 with 1458 viewsElderGrizzly

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 08:52 - Jun 17 by Steve_M

Yes, seems to be the case:

The link I posted above shows the 7 day average still near 500k a day.

It has slowed, but is still nothing like the figure quoted in the article above
Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 09:31 - Jun 17 with 1452 viewsElderGrizzly

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 09:03 - Jun 17 by itfcjoe

I think not giving AZ to U40s is causing things to slow down

We have 5m AZ in stock and no Pfizer.

Pfizer is received JIT and is about 1.5m a week but immediately distributed.
Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 09:32 - Jun 17 with 1441 viewsEly_Blue

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 23:03 - Jun 16 by jeera

I am overdue the second one Vic, by a good couple of weeks or more so far.

I was receiving texts at the rate of three a day but wasn't able to get there following an op.

Now I am able there appears to be no appointments. I have rang and was told someone would get back to me but it hasn't happened, so I'll take your post as a reminder and give them another call I think.

You should go to the nhs website to find a vaccination centre, they don’t both need to take place at your doctors surgery.

I too had texts from the surgery telling me I should book and reminding me a few days later but there were no slots, I went to the nhs website and found a centre even closer to home and was done in 2 days at a local pharmacy

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 09:37 - Jun 17 with 1425 viewsSteve_M

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 09:29 - Jun 17 by ElderGrizzly

The link I posted above shows the 7 day average still near 500k a day.

It has slowed, but is still nothing like the figure quoted in the article above

Yes, but that's not necessarily contradictory. That tweet was extrapolating from the government announcement on extending the lockdown; the figures for intended vaccinations over that period were pretty unambitious.

Hopefully the rate does stay at 500,000 per day but curious as to why the intended numbers are seemingly so low.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 10:37 - Jun 17 with 1346 viewsSwansea_Blue

Had my second one this morning, so I can start licking door handles again

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 10:54 - Jun 17 with 1319 viewsGogs

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 10:37 - Jun 17 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah I had my 2nd jab Tuesday afternoon. Was originally supposed to be July 6, but I was tipped off by a friend that you can go on nhs booking site, cancel your existing appointment and rebook, and you’ll likely find one 8 weeks rather than 11/12 weeks after your first one. So it proved for me. I don’t think there’s any problem at all in bringing 2nd jabs forward if you’ve had AZ. There’s less stocks of Pfizer and moderna, but they still have them. They were doing Pfizer jabs at the same time and place where I got mine anyway
Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 11:00 - Jun 17 with 1298 viewshype313

Go for broke and lick some Bats.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 11:03 - Jun 17 with 1285 viewsTractor_Buck

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 10:54 - Jun 17 by Gogs

Yeah I had my 2nd jab Tuesday afternoon. Was originally supposed to be July 6, but I was tipped off by a friend that you can go on nhs booking site, cancel your existing appointment and rebook, and you’ll likely find one 8 weeks rather than 11/12 weeks after your first one. So it proved for me. I don’t think there’s any problem at all in bringing 2nd jabs forward if you’ve had AZ. There’s less stocks of Pfizer and moderna, but they still have them. They were doing Pfizer jabs at the same time and place where I got mine anyway

My second jab is last week of June, brought forward from last week of July after I had an email asking me to cancel and re-book. As with you I'm Ox/AZ.
Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 11:04 - Jun 17 with 1281 viewsEly_Blue

I’d wait a couple of weeks first if I were you!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Vaccinations seem to be slowing down on 11:12 - Jun 17 with 1257 viewsgtsb1966

Lots of youngsters queuing outside Lloyd's pharmacy in Sudbury this morning waiting for their jabs. Was good to see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024