Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast 08:24 - Jun 18 with 7595 viewsDubtractor

Crikey, to say he gives a damning critique of the Evans era is an understatement.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 08:31 - Jun 18 with 4490 viewsdavblue

It's not as if it's not justified in any way shape or form though is it?
Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 08:36 - Jun 18 with 4477 viewsitfcjoe

I wonder if any of those who thought Mick was the problem have ever considered that they were wrong....!

But yep, very damning, and a lot of stuff I was aware of but then a lot more revelations.....felt like a man with something to get off his chest.

Have heard from BB, that what was said off camera would have been X-rated viewing....!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 08:39 - Jun 18 with 4437 viewsDubtractor

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 08:31 - Jun 18 by davblue

It's not as if it's not justified in any way shape or form though is it?

Absolutely, but this sort of thing always hits a bit harder when it is from someone who was a part of the club rather than 'def info' on here or twitter.

No offence intended to all genuine def info providers.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 08:50 - Jun 18 with 4363 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 08:36 - Jun 18 by itfcjoe

I wonder if any of those who thought Mick was the problem have ever considered that they were wrong....!

But yep, very damning, and a lot of stuff I was aware of but then a lot more revelations.....felt like a man with something to get off his chest.

Have heard from BB, that what was said off camera would have been X-rated viewing....!

Was that on episode 2?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 08:54 - Jun 18 with 4346 viewsPhilTWTD

Indeed, it's here if people want to listen to it (posted the wrong URL initially but now correct).

TWTD-Blue Monday Podcast - Alan Lee Part Two 18th Jun 2021 07:00
In part two of the TWTD-Blue Monday podcast with Alan Lee the former striker talks about his return to Portman Road as an academy coach and why he ended up hating working at the club as it became "a car crash in slow motion". 10

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 08:57 - Jun 18 with 4299 viewsitfcjoe

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 08:50 - Jun 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Was that on episode 2?

Yep, released this morning

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 09:13 - Jun 18 with 4164 viewsDanTheMan

Only half way through and it's bloody damning.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 09:16 - Jun 18 with 4134 viewsDanTheMan

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 08:36 - Jun 18 by itfcjoe

I'd love to know what this x-rated stuff is.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 09:17 - Jun 18 with 4116 viewsSteve_M

I'll have to find some time to fit that in around watching sport all day (and work of course). Like Joe says, some of us where aware of some things that were wrong but sounds like there's a whole lot more to come out.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 09:27 - Jun 18 with 4040 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Synopsis? I dont have time to listed to any podcasts.
Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 09:30 - Jun 18 with 4022 viewsDubtractor

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 09:27 - Jun 18 by BlueBlueBluex2

Synopsis? I dont have time to listed to any podcasts.

Marcus Evans and almost everyone he employed in key roles were clueless, and made decisions without consulting those in the club that had knowledge, always with short termist views.

We are where we are because of this neglect.

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 09:36 - Jun 18 with 3954 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Will have a listen to that in a bit, but god that’s just reminded me of the the fact that we once got so desperate we had to bring actual retired footballer Alan Lee on in a competitive match. Ugh

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 09:48 - Jun 18 with 3882 viewshype313

Wow that was quite an insightful interview! Kinda confirms all our suspicions, and quite honestly I never felt good about the clapping of relegation and glad Alan felt the same.

He talks so effortlessly about the game, I know he's going down an different route, but from what he talked about he sounds like he would be a great asset to have around the club.

One thing to deduce from that, Dedham still has dial up.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 10:05 - Jun 18 with 3799 viewsghostofescobar

Damning about the Evans era. If anyone still holds onto any rose tinted thoughts of Evans (yes, yes, thanks for the money), listen to this. A stain on our history. The man who took us to grubbing about in League 1 and dismantled virtually every part of the club. Still the only thing wrong with the takeover is that he is still involved with his 5%. And great interview Phil. Really interesting.

GhostOfEscobar

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 10:10 - Jun 18 with 3756 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Horrifying but fantastic listening, so good to hear such open honesty about the disaster show that was Evans
Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 10:12 - Jun 18 with 3737 viewstrncbluearmy

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 10:05 - Jun 18 by ghostofescobar

Damning about the Evans era. If anyone still holds onto any rose tinted thoughts of Evans (yes, yes, thanks for the money), listen to this. A stain on our history. The man who took us to grubbing about in League 1 and dismantled virtually every part of the club. Still the only thing wrong with the takeover is that he is still involved with his 5%. And great interview Phil. Really interesting.

Absolutely, some day hopefully that 5% will be bought out
amazing that some actually thanked him for destroying our club
Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 10:31 - Jun 18 with 3595 viewsdavblue

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 09:16 - Jun 18 by DanTheMan

I'd love to know what this x-rated stuff is.

yes, would be a very interesting read/listen.
Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 10:39 - Jun 18 with 3561 viewsRobTheMonk

Reading between the lines, don't think he thought much of Paul Lambert at all either!

And seems to have a degree of sympathy for the situation Paul Hurst was put into which was interesting.

Great interview.
Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 10:46 - Jun 18 with 3495 viewsChrisd

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 10:05 - Jun 18 by ghostofescobar

Exactly. He gave us enough money to keep us ticking over and nothing more. The state he left us in on and off the pitch is a total embarrassment, look at PR it looked tired and rundown in places and that's a reflection of the ME Group and he appeared happy with that, where's the pride?! The fact he was more than content to carry on along the same lines with all aspects of the club was a huge worry, makes you wonder where we would've ended up in in 3 or 4 years time under his ownership - Just so thankful he's gone. ME's whole ownership had been a shambles from start to finish, endless poor decisions and that's being kind.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2021 11:42]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 11:01 - Jun 18 with 3409 viewsChurchman

In a thread yesterday, it was suggested that the club was not rotten to the core. I think Alan Lee’s interview suggests it was just that - from the top down. What Lee said didn’t surprise me, but somehow hearing what he said about Evans, Milne, so many people was still shocking. The club has plumbed the depths of awfulness.

When he talked about the people, including Milton, who were forced out, it is clear the club was hollowed out and left with total incompetents running it. An utter shambles from top to bottom and his comments tie in with what KD alluded to and indeed Chambers/Skuse/others.

The club needs that reset desperately. I want to see people at the club who are professional, know what they’re doing and care about their colleagues and the club. The complete opposite to the selection of tools we’ve seen in the past few years, including living-stealer Lambert. At least AL was spared the ‘my time at Dortmund’ video,

Evans: some people view him as ‘our saviour’. I view him with language that cannot be put on a message board. It’s down to him that the club is in pieces. The sooner the club is rid of the stain of our ‘saviour’, the happier I’ll be.
Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 11:06 - Jun 18 with 3367 viewshype313

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 11:01 - Jun 18 by Churchman

In a thread yesterday, it was suggested that the club was not rotten to the core. I think Alan Lee’s interview suggests it was just that - from the top down. What Lee said didn’t surprise me, but somehow hearing what he said about Evans, Milne, so many people was still shocking. The club has plumbed the depths of awfulness.

When he talked about the people, including Milton, who were forced out, it is clear the club was hollowed out and left with total incompetents running it. An utter shambles from top to bottom and his comments tie in with what KD alluded to and indeed Chambers/Skuse/others.

The club needs that reset desperately. I want to see people at the club who are professional, know what they’re doing and care about their colleagues and the club. The complete opposite to the selection of tools we’ve seen in the past few years, including living-stealer Lambert. At least AL was spared the ‘my time at Dortmund’ video,

Evans: some people view him as ‘our saviour’. I view him with language that cannot be put on a message board. It’s down to him that the club is in pieces. The sooner the club is rid of the stain of our ‘saviour’, the happier I’ll be.

Think I read recently from Phil that he still feels he has unfinished business in football and wouldn't be surprised if he ended up acquiring another club, lets hope that's Norwich and we take his 5 % back.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 11:19 - Jun 18 with 3318 viewsghostofescobar

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 10:12 - Jun 18 by trncbluearmy

Absolutely, some day hopefully that 5% will be bought out
amazing that some actually thanked him for destroying our club

When the takeover happened, I remember a couple of people on here saying that it was great he would still be involved, and another actually said it’s great he would be “along for the ride” under the new ownership. Unbelievable.

GhostOfEscobar

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 12:00 - Jun 18 with 3166 viewsSwansea_Blue

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 09:30 - Jun 18 by Dubtractor

Marcus Evans and almost everyone he employed in key roles were clueless, and made decisions without consulting those in the club that had knowledge, always with short termist views.

We are where we are because of this neglect.

I'm surprised he was so complementary. Evans nearly ruined us and he may well have screwed us over for decades by mismanaging us at a time when the finances of the game changed so much.

I haven't listened yet. I'll stick it on this afternoon while I 'work'.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 12:03 - Jun 18 with 3154 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Superbly incisive and intelligent. Would love to see him back in some shape or form.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 12:06 - Jun 18 with 3128 viewsSwansea_Blue

Listening to the Alan Lee interview whilst I have my breakfast on 11:19 - Jun 18 by ghostofescobar

When the takeover happened, I remember a couple of people on here saying that it was great he would still be involved, and another actually said it’s great he would be “along for the ride” under the new ownership. Unbelievable.

I think I was the one who said something about there being no problem if he's along for the ride. The terms of the buyout were purely a commercial decision and if him retaining 5% was needed to get him to sell the club, that's a small price to pay. We can't stop him and/or his family attending as a fan either (and nor should we imo if we want to be seen as a welcoming family club).

I wouldn't want him within a 100 miles of any decisions though and it would be galling to see him lording it up in the Directors Box, which presumably he'll be able to do because of his 5% and links to the new owners.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024