Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liam Gibbs staying? 09:20 - Jun 18 with 2520 viewsTractorFrog

Does anybody know if this is a reliable source?

https://www.footballfancast.com/ipswich-town-transfer-rumours/ipswich-gibbs-cook

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Liam Gibbs staying? on 09:21 - Jun 18 with 2494 viewsPhilTWTD

He wants to stay, whether he ends up staying is a different matter!
Liam Gibbs staying? on 09:21 - Jun 18 with 2493 viewsDanTheMan

It's linking to:
https://www.suffolknews.co.uk/ipswich/sport/exclusive-gibbs-wants-ipswich-stay-9

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Liam Gibbs staying? on 09:52 - Jun 18 with 2268 viewsPinewoodblue

Guess we just have to make it financially worth his while to stay. Real test for Ashton & Co.

If he doesn’t sign we get peanuts by way of compensation. If he does sign we have a high value asset. Get the impression he wants to learn from Kieron Dyer. Let’s hope Town make it happen.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Liam Gibbs staying? on 09:52 - Jun 18 with 2265 viewsFixed_It

Liam Gibbs staying? on 09:21 - Jun 18 by PhilTWTD

Which is a crazy situation when you think about it.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Liam Gibbs staying? on 10:07 - Jun 18 with 2129 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Liam Gibbs staying? on 09:52 - Jun 18 by Fixed_It

Which is a crazy situation when you think about it.

If he's a good as people reckon we should give him a decent contract, even if we are ultimately going to sell him. Just to ensure a decent fee.

I mean if we extend Kayden's contract in the hope of getting a fee, giving a contract to someone whose actually really good seems like common sense.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Liam Gibbs staying? on 10:10 - Jun 18 with 2099 viewsSharkey

Liam Gibbs staying? on 09:52 - Jun 18 by Pinewoodblue

Guess we just have to make it financially worth his while to stay. Real test for Ashton & Co.

If he doesn’t sign we get peanuts by way of compensation. If he does sign we have a high value asset. Get the impression he wants to learn from Kieron Dyer. Let’s hope Town make it happen.

Some (slightly old) figures about the amount of peanuts here. (Cresswell is one of the examples.)

https://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/

But on the other hand, a club may be prepared pay quite a sizeable fee for an academy player.
Liam Gibbs staying? on 10:15 - Jun 18 with 2041 viewsjayessess

Liam Gibbs staying? on 09:21 - Jun 18 by PhilTWTD

Best player in one of the best U18s teams in the country. I honestly can't fathom why any club in our position wouldn't be absolutely desperate to make sure he stays. Might as well shutter the academy if we aren't, tbh.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Liam Gibbs staying? on 10:53 - Jun 18 with 1880 viewsChrisd

Liam Gibbs staying? on 10:15 - Jun 18 by jayessess

Best player in one of the best U18s teams in the country. I honestly can't fathom why any club in our position wouldn't be absolutely desperate to make sure he stays. Might as well shutter the academy if we aren't, tbh.

Seems like the focus has shifted and rather than looking to sign quality footballers with good ability, big physical lads who are athletes is the name of the game.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Liam Gibbs staying? on 10:59 - Jun 18 with 1824 viewsWallingford_Boy

Is he?

From what I saw in the FA Youth Cup run he was far from the stand out (I'd say that was Baggott).

But then lots who have seen him a lot more than I have say good things about him, so what do I know?!

RIP Sir Bobby

Liam Gibbs staying? on 11:31 - Jun 18 with 1698 viewsjayessess

Liam Gibbs staying? on 10:59 - Jun 18 by Wallingford_Boy

Is he?

From what I saw in the FA Youth Cup run he was far from the stand out (I'd say that was Baggott).

But then lots who have seen him a lot more than I have say good things about him, so what do I know?!

All subjective, but I thought he was class in the cup run - composed, creative, technically gifted. General consensus is that he's the star of that team, too.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Liam Gibbs staying? on 11:39 - Jun 18 with 1648 viewsPinewoodblue

Liam Gibbs staying? on 10:10 - Jun 18 by Sharkey

Some (slightly old) figures about the amount of peanuts here. (Cresswell is one of the examples.)

https://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/

But on the other hand, a club may be prepared pay quite a sizeable fee for an academy player.

Interesting but not relevant.

Read last sentence of first paragraph again

“This is not to be confused with training compensation under the EPPP regime (that applies to Academy players), an entirely different proposition.”

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Liam Gibbs staying? on 12:31 - Jun 18 with 1488 viewsSharkey

Liam Gibbs staying? on 11:39 - Jun 18 by Pinewoodblue

Interesting but not relevant.

Read last sentence of first paragraph again

“This is not to be confused with training compensation under the EPPP regime (that applies to Academy players), an entirely different proposition.”

Maybe I'm confused. Gibbs is a professional player, no? (Just one who has not yet made it into the first team much.)

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/gibbs-sign-pro-deal-with-ipswich-2633168
[Post edited 18 Jun 2021 12:47]
Liam Gibbs staying? on 12:53 - Jun 18 with 1383 viewsMookamoo

Liam Gibbs staying? on 09:52 - Jun 18 by Pinewoodblue

Smells as if his agent just getting his value up.

Do we know how serious the 'big' club interest is?
Liam Gibbs staying? on 12:59 - Jun 18 with 1344 viewscressi

Liam Gibbs staying? on 12:53 - Jun 18 by Mookamoo

Smells as if his agent just getting his value up.

Do we know how serious the 'big' club interest is?

Games I saw Humpreys was superb out wide
Liam Gibbs staying? on 13:21 - Jun 18 with 1244 viewsMookamoo

Liam Gibbs staying? on 12:59 - Jun 18 by cressi

Games I saw Humpreys was superb out wide

Reminds me a bit of Ambrose - lets hope...
Liam Gibbs staying? on 14:19 - Jun 18 with 1120 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Are we one of the best teams in the country? Having a good Cup run is not really a good barometer. Even the Dark Lord got us to a cup semi!

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024