Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gutted! 22:09 - Jun 18 with 530 viewsDarth_Koont

Not really. We desperately needed a point to hang on in the group, you needed a point to keep on track.

Good game overall. Defensively both teams were excellent.

Keeps the dream alive for Scotland until the Croatia game and the inevitable disappointment against the ageing Balkans.

PS I love Billy Gilmour.

Pronouns: He/Him

Gutted! on 22:11 - Jun 18 with 509 viewsSteve_M

Despite all the angst that was about right.

Didn’t realise that was Gilmour’s great start until he went off, but a bad one. You should win Tuesday against an ageing Croatia if you play like that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Gutted! on 22:12 - Jun 18 with 484 viewsm14_blue

Scotland the better team, England played perfectly into their hands.
Gutted! on 22:14 - Jun 18 with 475 viewsWeWereZombies

Real captain's performance from Andy Robertson, McGinn was very effective (I wonder what he said to the ref to get booked so early on?), Armstrong did just what you expect a sub to do when the team needs revitalising. Perhaps the only disappointment was Kevin Nisbet coming on too late in the game to make an impression.

For England Mings was very dependable, as was Stones. Luke Shaw rampaged down the left to telling effect and Pickford probably was the difference between a draw and a loss.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Gutted! on 22:26 - Jun 18 with 434 viewsDarth_Koont

Gutted! on 22:14 - Jun 18 by WeWereZombies

Real captain's performance from Andy Robertson, McGinn was very effective (I wonder what he said to the ref to get booked so early on?), Armstrong did just what you expect a sub to do when the team needs revitalising. Perhaps the only disappointment was Kevin Nisbet coming on too late in the game to make an impression.

For England Mings was very dependable, as was Stones. Luke Shaw rampaged down the left to telling effect and Pickford probably was the difference between a draw and a loss.

Says a lot that I wasn’t demanding Tierney to step forward or for Fraser to come on. We’re always going to have workrate and bodies on the line in defence. But in the absence of a really special player going forward, it was a decent performance with the ball too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Gutted! on 22:31 - Jun 18 with 409 viewsWeWereZombies

Gutted! on 22:26 - Jun 18 by Darth_Koont

Says a lot that I wasn’t demanding Tierney to step forward or for Fraser to come on. We’re always going to have workrate and bodies on the line in defence. But in the absence of a really special player going forward, it was a decent performance with the ball too.

I've never noticed Tierney before this game. The work rate from him and McTominay to contain Sterling and Kane was impressive, tsk, I suppose we have to give some credit to Hanley too. I can only imagine that Fraser is seriously compromised physically at the moment (and Steve Bruce was unhappy that Clarke selected him for the squad), twenty minutes from Ryan might just have unlocked the England defence.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Gutted! on 22:40 - Jun 18 with 377 viewsBarcaBlue

Thought Scotland got it spot on and carried it through right to the end thought they might tire a bit but not at all. England were very conservative, probably too much so but a draw isn't the end of the world, or the end of Southgate as someone unbelievably suggested here earlier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024