Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations 17:02 - Jun 20 with 2274 viewsCheltenham_Blue

?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 17:50 - Jun 20 with 1962 viewsLord_Lucan

Not sure if it's on Netflix but Marvellous is a cracker of a film if you haven't seen it.

Or a bit darker you could try Dead Mans Shoes or Citizen X if you haven't seen them already.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 17:52 - Jun 20 with 1955 viewsgainsboroughblue

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 17:50 - Jun 20 by Lord_Lucan

Not sure if it's on Netflix but Marvellous is a cracker of a film if you haven't seen it.

Or a bit darker you could try Dead Mans Shoes or Citizen X if you haven't seen them already.

Dead Man's Shoes is on Netflix?

That's my viewing later.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 17:54 - Jun 20 with 1935 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 17:52 - Jun 20 by gainsboroughblue

Dead Man's Shoes is on Netflix?

That's my viewing later.

I'm not certain but I'm sure it's on somewhere.

Pretty sure Citizen X is - and that's a cracker.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 17:58 - Jun 20 with 1913 viewsjeera

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 17:54 - Jun 20 by Lord_Lucan

I'm not certain but I'm sure it's on somewhere.

Pretty sure Citizen X is - and that's a cracker.

Just searched and can't see either on there atm.

They tend to remove them after a while don't they.

I'm struggling to find much on there myself though I might be missing the odd gem for all I know. I do tend to go on first impressions a bit too much.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 18:04 - Jun 20 with 1893 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 17:58 - Jun 20 by jeera

I'm struggling to find much on there myself though I might be missing the odd gem for all I know. I do tend to go on first impressions a bit too much.

My evenings viewing is completely screwed as The Handmades Tale is back with a new series.

Although I might send the old bird to bed.

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 18:47 - Jun 20 with 1827 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 17:58 - Jun 20 by jeera

Just had a quick browse, how about Uncut Gems, that's ok.

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 19:02 - Jun 20 with 1784 viewsHarlestonblue

Has to be THE DIG. Based on the story of Sutton Hoo. Lots of references to Ipswich and set in Suffolk of course. Even the main actor, Ralph Fiennes, was born in Ipswich, although he needed to be tutored to speak with a Suffolk accent.
Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 19:08 - Jun 20 with 1751 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Yesterday was pretty good.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 19:25 - Jun 20 with 1709 viewsjeera

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 18:47 - Jun 20 by Lord_Lucan

I shall have a look ta.

I did ask for gems to be fair.

I have seen Blood Diamond but other suggestions are welcome.

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 19:25 - Jun 20 with 1708 viewsEnigma_Blue

I recently started watching Orphan Black. If you like sci-fi it's rather good.
Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 19:35 - Jun 20 with 1661 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 19:02 - Jun 20 by Harlestonblue

Has to be THE DIG. Based on the story of Sutton Hoo. Lots of references to Ipswich and set in Suffolk of course. Even the main actor, Ralph Fiennes, was born in Ipswich, although he needed to be tutored to speak with a Suffolk accent.

Not enough mention of the pants factory from which Mrs Pretty's late husband made his money.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 19:40 - Jun 20 with 1640 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 18:47 - Jun 20 by Lord_Lucan

I'll have a look.

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 20:02 - Jun 20 with 1599 viewsjeera

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 19:02 - Jun 20 by Harlestonblue

I had not realised Ralph Fiennes was born in Ipswich.

So that's him, Richard Ayoade, Nik Kershaw and the darts player.

Clearly the place has been churning out talent.

What other famous people/celebrities are from Ipswich I wonder.

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 20:26 - Jun 20 with 1557 viewsGaryCooper

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 19:08 - Jun 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

What did you do?
Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 20:30 - Jun 20 with 1543 viewsTractorCam

I watched Inglorious Basterds on there a couple weeks back, great film.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 20:32 - Jun 20 with 1529 viewsMeadowlark

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 19:08 - Jun 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

I must disagree.
Some nice local shots (if you live in these parts) but other than that....
Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 20:36 - Jun 20 with 1516 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 20:30 - Jun 20 by TractorCam

I watched Inglorious Basterds on there a couple weeks back, great film.

Seen it before but yes, great film.

Noticed that The Hateful Eight is on Amazon at the moment.

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 20:43 - Jun 20 with 1507 viewsRomeo4

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 20:02 - Jun 20 by jeera

I had not realised Ralph Fiennes was born in Ipswich.

So that's him, Richard Ayoade, Nik Kershaw and the darts player.

Clearly the place has been churning out talent.

What other famous people/celebrities are from Ipswich I wonder.

Brian Cant
Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 20:44 - Jun 20 with 1506 viewsjeera

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 20:43 - Jun 20 by Romeo4

Brian Cant

No need for that mate.

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 20:49 - Jun 20 with 1490 viewsMeadowlark

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 20:43 - Jun 20 by Romeo4

Brian Cant

From Wiki:
The Tudor Cardinal Thomas Wolsey was born in the town. The artist Thomas Gainsborough and the cartoonist "Giles" worked here, Horatio, Lord Nelson, became Steward of Ipswich, and Margaret Catchpole began her adventurous career here. Alf Ramsey and Bobby Robson were both successful managers of Ipswich Town. Ipswich was the birthplace in 1741 of Sarah Trimmer, née Kirby, writer and critic of children's literature and among the first to introduce pictorial material and animals and the natural world into it.[89] Also born in Ipswich is Sam Claflin, who appeared in The Hunger Games and Peaky Blinders.

Actor and director Richard Ayoade, best known for his role as Maurice Moss in The IT Crowd, was brought up in Ipswich,[90] as was the ceramic artist Blanche Georgiana Vulliamy.[91] Hugh Catchpole (OBE, CBE, Hilal-i-Imtiaz), a noted educationist with over 60 years of association with military schools and colleges in India and Pakistan, was born in Ipswich.[92][93]
Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 22:23 - Jun 20 with 1367 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 20:32 - Jun 20 by Meadowlark

I must disagree.
Some nice local shots (if you live in these parts) but other than that....

I thought it was very enjoyable - a unique concept, which is hard to do in film these days, but pleasant enough for the other half to enjoy (who's not into sci-fi).

For anyone who doesn't know: A struggling musician realizes he's the only person on Earth who can remember The Beatles after waking up in an alternate timeline where they never existed.

Not a great... but certainly better than your assessment of nice local shots and nothing else.

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 22:25 - Jun 20 with 1367 viewscressi

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 19:40 - Jun 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'll have a look.

Not a film But a few part series about the life of Carlos Tevez is well worth a watch
Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 23:00 - Jun 20 with 1328 viewsjaykay

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 22:23 - Jun 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

I thought it was very enjoyable - a unique concept, which is hard to do in film these days, but pleasant enough for the other half to enjoy (who's not into sci-fi).

For anyone who doesn't know: A struggling musician realizes he's the only person on Earth who can remember The Beatles after waking up in an alternate timeline where they never existed.

Not a great... but certainly better than your assessment of nice local shots and nothing else.

i think you will find there was a few people in the film remembered the beatles

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 00:01 - Jun 21 with 1276 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 23:00 - Jun 20 by jaykay

i think you will find there was a few people in the film remembered the beatles

Yes I know, I copied the blurb from IMDB.

Anyone got any Netflix film recommendations on 06:03 - Jun 21 with 1223 viewsurbanblue

'The Devil all the time' I read the book first which was very good indeed. As usual in these cases when you've read the book, the film doesn't quite match it, although as a stand alone enjoyable and will not disappoint.

Dark American gothic in the style if 'No Country for old men'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024