Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done 12:00 - Jun 21 with 3793 viewsBluefish

Well and why they defend him so much?

Brexit shambles - horrendous deal, full of lies, Ireland mess
Covid shambles - deaths, cases, delayed lockdown
Corruption shambles - endless cases of mates and contacts given contracts

What has he got right to be such a poster boy?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:01 - Jun 21 with 1623 viewsBlueBadger

He's upsetting 'the woke brigade', that's basically all that matters to these people. Never mind that their vote is basically an act of self-harm, they're getting to Own The Libs, basically.

For these people, the corruption and bigotry isn't a bug, its a feature.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 12:07]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:02 - Jun 21 with 1620 viewsfooters

Been asking for a list of positive things the Tories have done lately for weeks. But answer came there none.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:04 - Jun 21 with 1597 viewsnoggin

All those fruit picking jobs for the unemployed.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:09 - Jun 21 with 1543 viewsIwasthere

I see all the usual echo chamber have replied. The rest of us are not interested in non football posts. Why is this in the football section, feeling a little lonely?
Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:10 - Jun 21 with 1532 viewsjaykay

made a honest woman of Carrie Symonds

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:11 - Jun 21 with 1534 viewsBlueBadger

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:09 - Jun 21 by Iwasthere

I see all the usual echo chamber have replied. The rest of us are not interested in non football posts. Why is this in the football section, feeling a little lonely?

Whilst you're here, could you tell us what is about the openly corrupt, incompetent and bigoted current incarnation of the Tory party that appeals to you?

We're just trying to reach across the divide here...
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 12:11]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:13 - Jun 21 with 1526 viewsGeoffSentence

Brexit is a shambles because of all the new rules brought in by the EU and that they are being awkward.

Covid would be difficult for anyone, you've got to feel sorry for him, he's done his best in very trying circumstances.

It's not corruption, they had to move fast to get deals done because of covid. For that reason they had to go to people they knew. We should be pleased that they pulled out all the stops to get things done quickly.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:13 - Jun 21 with 1519 viewsTieDyedIn95

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:01 - Jun 21 by BlueBadger

He's upsetting 'the woke brigade', that's basically all that matters to these people. Never mind that their vote is basically an act of self-harm, they're getting to Own The Libs, basically.

For these people, the corruption and bigotry isn't a bug, its a feature.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 12:07]

I don't understand why people think the Tories are anti-woke? They may talk a big game on issues like immigration and Europe, but they have been in power 11 years, all this "woke" stuff including gay-marriage and the hate crime laws were implemented by them and not Labour. It was the Conservatives that have openly worked to introduce the gender neutral, and trans equality stuff into laws and education, the argument has maybe been that they haven't moved as fast as some on the left would have liked but ultimately they have been the ones to introduce this "woke" stuff as the oldies call it, meanwhile their voters are blaming Labour for it. The joke's on the bigots because they are in fact voting for the things they don't like just because they have been told Brexit and Immigration by the Tories (immigration ... which is more chaotic and in greater numbers than under Labour) and because they are too lazy to do the research they think they are actually stopping it by voting for the Conservatives.

They are absolute idiots on every level.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Login to get fewer ads

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:15 - Jun 21 with 1506 viewsTieDyedIn95

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:13 - Jun 21 by GeoffSentence

Brexit is a shambles because of all the new rules brought in by the EU and that they are being awkward.

Covid would be difficult for anyone, you've got to feel sorry for him, he's done his best in very trying circumstances.

It's not corruption, they had to move fast to get deals done because of covid. For that reason they had to go to people they knew. We should be pleased that they pulled out all the stops to get things done quickly.

By earning their families and donors companies millions to provide sub par equipment, apps and services?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:17 - Jun 21 with 1503 viewsBlueBadger

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:13 - Jun 21 by TieDyedIn95

I don't understand why people think the Tories are anti-woke? They may talk a big game on issues like immigration and Europe, but they have been in power 11 years, all this "woke" stuff including gay-marriage and the hate crime laws were implemented by them and not Labour. It was the Conservatives that have openly worked to introduce the gender neutral, and trans equality stuff into laws and education, the argument has maybe been that they haven't moved as fast as some on the left would have liked but ultimately they have been the ones to introduce this "woke" stuff as the oldies call it, meanwhile their voters are blaming Labour for it. The joke's on the bigots because they are in fact voting for the things they don't like just because they have been told Brexit and Immigration by the Tories (immigration ... which is more chaotic and in greater numbers than under Labour) and because they are too lazy to do the research they think they are actually stopping it by voting for the Conservatives.

They are absolute idiots on every level.

The gay marriage vote only went though because of Labour and Lib Dem MPs. Over 50% of Tory MPs voted against it. Had the Tories got a majority in 2013 like they do now, it wouldn't have gone through. Hell, it probably wouldn't even have cleared first reading.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/05/blow-cameron-128-tory-mps-vote-aga
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 12:19]

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:18 - Jun 21 with 1475 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:15 - Jun 21 by TieDyedIn95

By earning their families and donors companies millions to provide sub par equipment, apps and services?

I'm assuming GS was making a sarcastic point illustrating how the failings are being explained away by those not willing to see. But I could be wrong.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:20 - Jun 21 with 1473 viewsGeoffSentence

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:15 - Jun 21 by TieDyedIn95

Sorry, I can't go any further with the excuses. These are highlights from what I have heard or seen written by people who somehow like BJ. In all honesty I don't think any of them dig too deep.

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:20 - Jun 21 with 1468 viewsTieDyedIn95

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:17 - Jun 21 by BlueBadger

The gay marriage vote only went though because of Labour and Lib Dem MPs. Over 50% of Tory MPs voted against it. Had the Tories got a majority in 2013 like they do now, it wouldn't have gone through. Hell, it probably wouldn't even have cleared first reading.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/05/blow-cameron-128-tory-mps-vote-aga

Still, they were in Government and their top brass supported it and since then have they attempted to repeal any of that since they have had majorities? If you look at the Tory party social media it's all pride flags and whatnot. If you are a homophobe and voting Conservative you are an idiot basically.

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:21 - Jun 21 with 1457 viewsGeoffSentence

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:18 - Jun 21 by Swansea_Blue

I'm assuming GS was making a sarcastic point illustrating how the failings are being explained away by those not willing to see. But I could be wrong.

You were right.

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:22 - Jun 21 with 1451 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:20 - Jun 21 by GeoffSentence

Sorry, I can't go any further with the excuses. These are highlights from what I have heard or seen written by people who somehow like BJ. In all honesty I don't think any of them dig too deep.

You forgot the 'they're all as bad as each other' excuse.

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:22 - Jun 21 with 1451 viewsBlueBadger

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:20 - Jun 21 by TieDyedIn95

Still, they were in Government and their top brass supported it and since then have they attempted to repeal any of that since they have had majorities? If you look at the Tory party social media it's all pride flags and whatnot. If you are a homophobe and voting Conservative you are an idiot basically.

At least two contemporary cabinet members voted against it at the time. Several current and recent ministers also did.

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:22 - Jun 21 with 1445 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:21 - Jun 21 by GeoffSentence

You were right.

That's a collectors item then!

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:24 - Jun 21 with 1442 viewsGeoffSentence

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:22 - Jun 21 by Swansea_Blue

You forgot the 'they're all as bad as each other' excuse.

I did forget that.

It is an absolute classic too.

My top source of Tory excuses is from my aging parents-in-law and that is one they drag out all the time.

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:25 - Jun 21 with 1441 viewshomer_123

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:13 - Jun 21 by GeoffSentence

Well played sir!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:28 - Jun 21 with 1418 viewsBluefish

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:20 - Jun 21 by TieDyedIn95

I'll correct that......

If you are a homophobe OR voting Conservative you are an idiot basically

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:28 - Jun 21 with 1418 viewsHighgateBlue

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:17 - Jun 21 by BlueBadger

No no. That's not right. It was voted through by 400 to 175. If the Tories had had 100 more MPs and if ALL of those additional Tories had voted against it, the legislation would still have passed. And as you know, about half of Tories voted for it.

I voted Lib Dem, so I have no desire to defend the Tories, but please, a bit of accuracy and fairness. We're entitled to our own opinions but not our own facts.
Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:30 - Jun 21 with 1400 viewsBlueBadger

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:28 - Jun 21 by HighgateBlue

No no. That's not right. It was voted through by 400 to 175. If the Tories had had 100 more MPs and if ALL of those additional Tories had voted against it, the legislation would still have passed. And as you know, about half of Tories voted for it.

I voted Lib Dem, so I have no desire to defend the Tories, but please, a bit of accuracy and fairness. We're entitled to our own opinions but not our own facts.

Strictly speaking, fewer than half of them voted for it, not 'about half'.

And several of those who voted against it are still in parliament and have held or currently hold ministerial posts,

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:32 - Jun 21 with 1383 viewschicoazul

The new rules that we agreed with?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:33 - Jun 21 with 1374 viewsIwasthere

Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:11 - Jun 21 by BlueBadger

Whilst you're here, could you tell us what is about the openly corrupt, incompetent and bigoted current incarnation of the Tory party that appeals to you?

We're just trying to reach across the divide here...
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 12:11]

Has Harper signed yet ? Has Cook managed to con Richardson to sign players that he doesn't want?
Not interested in all your political cr*p.
Can the gammon help me out and tell me what Boris has done on 12:34 - Jun 21 with 1372 viewslowhouseblue

politics on social media is currently so divisive, tribal, aggressive and unpleasant that it's achieved the seemingly impossible. people look at the shouty alternatives that are on offer and decide that boris is the better human being. congrats.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024