Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... 12:42 - Jun 21 with 1281 viewsXYZ

Great article here - what a waste of generations of english talent ...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2021/jun/21/ecbs-failures-on-caribbean-cr
Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 12:58 - Jun 21 with 1216 viewsRyorry

Thanks, good article.

Wasn't aware Surrey had a sea port tho!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 12:59 - Jun 21 with 1217 viewsWallingford_Boy

Who is Ollie Harrison?!

RIP Sir Bobby

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 13:19 - Jun 21 with 1174 viewseireblue

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 12:58 - Jun 21 by Ryorry

Thanks, good article.

Surrey Quays, init.
Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 13:29 - Jun 21 with 1153 viewsHARRY10

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 12:58 - Jun 21 by Ryorry

Thanks, good article.

Surrey Docks, might be a clue
Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 13:35 - Jun 21 with 1135 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 13:29 - Jun 21 by HARRY10

Surrey Docks, might be a clue

Surrey Docks which are in London, you mean?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 13:40 - Jun 21 with 1116 viewsjeera

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 13:35 - Jun 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Bloody Leeds Castle.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 14:04 - Jun 21 with 1079 viewsEwan_Oozami

Thanks, good article.

River ports along the Thames...Surrey CC's HQ is the Oval, just half a mile from Vauxhall Bridge :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 14:12 - Jun 21 with 1058 viewsHARRY10

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 13:35 - Jun 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I doubt even you are that dim as to not understand
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 14:51 - Jun 21 with 1017 viewsEwan_Oozami

Surrey's border with the Thames stretched as far as the Isle of Dogs before Greater London was created, hence the docks, when built, would have been in Surrey...

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 14:57 - Jun 21 with 1007 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 14:51 - Jun 21 by Ewan_Oozami

Surrey's border with the Thames stretched as far as the Isle of Dogs before Greater London was created, hence the docks, when built, would have been in Surrey...

Yes but they haven’t been part of Surrey for over a century, so I think the posters comment that they weren’t aware Surrey had a port (which I assume was in jest as it doesn’t) was rather fair!

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 14:58 - Jun 21 with 1003 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 14:12 - Jun 21 by HARRY10

I doubt even you are that dim as to not understand

Ahahaha again

You’re really not having a good day on here today, are you?

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 15:49 - Jun 21 with 971 viewsHARRY10

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 14:58 - Jun 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Ahahaha again

You’re really not having a good day on here today, are you?

correcting you is never a good day - an endless task

the article stated "were resident around the sea ports."

note the word 'around'

Surrey Cricket Clubs catchment area includes such residencies - it's HQ at the Oval is in an area that has long had a high Caribean population, that is the point being made, had you bothered to read the article

rather than jump in feet first as usual and make an arz of yourself.....

.....................as usual
Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 15:56 - Jun 21 with 952 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 15:49 - Jun 21 by HARRY10

note the word 'around'

Surrey Cricket Clubs catchment area includes such residencies - it's HQ at the Oval is in an area that has long had a high Caribean population, that is the point being made, had you bothered to read the article

But Surrey Docks are not in Surrey, so the poster was right to make a joke about Surrey not having a port

You should probably go back to shouting at GeoffSentence like you were earlier, completely oblivious to his post being entirely a p*sstake

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 15:57 - Jun 21 with 949 viewsEwan_Oozami

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 14:57 - Jun 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes but they haven’t been part of Surrey for over a century, so I think the posters comment that they weren’t aware Surrey had a port (which I assume was in jest as it doesn’t) was rather fair!

For people like myself and Facters, a century is but a moment in time! :-)

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 16:06 - Jun 21 with 919 viewsXYZ

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 12:59 - Jun 21 by Wallingford_Boy

Who is Ollie Harrison?!

Robinson, apols.
Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 16:11 - Jun 21 with 912 viewsEwan_Oozami

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 15:49 - Jun 21 by HARRY10

note the word 'around'

I think most people's irony detectors (including mine!) are on the blink today....

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 16:26 - Jun 21 with 893 viewsHARRY10

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 15:56 - Jun 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

But Surrey Docks are not in Surrey, so the poster was right to make a joke about Surrey not having a port

You should probably go back to shouting at GeoffSentence like you were earlier, completely oblivious to his post being entirely a p*sstake

err, the article never claimed Surrey had a port - that is just you making up stuff, yet again, what it did say however was

"black people in Britain were resident around the sea ports"

and what were known as Surrey Docks have long been filled in, though they were known as Surrey Docks, because.......guess what ?
Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 16:36 - Jun 21 with 878 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 16:26 - Jun 21 by HARRY10

err, the article never claimed Surrey had a port - that is just you making up stuff, yet again, what it did say however was

"black people in Britain were resident around the sea ports"

and what were known as Surrey Docks have long been filled in, though they were known as Surrey Docks, because.......guess what ?

No, it was a poster in this thread that made the comment about Surrey not having a port

The same post you replied to with ‘Surrey Docks, might be a clue’

You should probably consider another hobby as internetting clearly isn’t for you. Shouting angrily in an empty room perhaps

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 18:09 - Jun 21 with 803 viewsRyorry

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 14:51 - Jun 21 by Ewan_Oozami

I'd been promising myself the reward of returning to read this forum & munching my way through a bag of flapjacks if I got through the 5 hours' non-stop essential housework that I just did - didn't realise my throw-away joke would lead to a row & the thread becoming quite so entertaining ;)

Think your info comes closest in terms of detailed & accurate answer, so cheers 👍
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 18:13]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Cricket - Ollie Harrison and the ECB's history of racism ... on 21:05 - Jun 21 with 742 viewsBlueForYou

Just out of interest, do the Ipswich Caribbean's still have a team..??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024