Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Political Discussion TWTD Rules 12:52 - Jun 21 with 8650 viewswaveneyblue

Post a question with a dig embedded (Gammons) and then announce that anybody who disagrees with the OP is an idiot (further on in the thread)

That sets the tone for some serious debate perfectly.

I usually stay out of this stuff, but recently its got really tedious

Feel free to have a pop, you know who you are.
Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 18:09 - Jun 21 with 1701 viewsMullet

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 17:46 - Jun 21 by Funge

I might be in MCR this weekend, or I might be in Leeds.

What a dull story. I wonder who got the power pack.

What you doing up here old fruit?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 18:19 - Jun 21 with 1685 viewsFunge

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 18:09 - Jun 21 by Mullet

What you doing up here old fruit?

Uni catch-up, couple of fools live in Chester and one in Leeds, so MCR is, er, sort of in the middle (if you discount the 200 mile drive from Ips).

Very big fan of Manchester.
Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 18:41 - Jun 21 with 1638 viewsMullet

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 18:19 - Jun 21 by Funge

Uni catch-up, couple of fools live in Chester and one in Leeds, so MCR is, er, sort of in the middle (if you discount the 200 mile drive from Ips).

Very big fan of Manchester.

Yeah Leeds is very much a second rate Manchester but still decent. Plenty of trendy suburbs if you are meeting from all over and don’t want to go city centre too. Enjoy mate.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 20:30 - Jun 21 with 1549 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 17:38 - Jun 21 by Funge

Speaking for no-one other than myself, a CHealy post will usually be read.

Which isnt the case for other posters.

Appreciate that Admiral, and likewise 👊🏻

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

That's a bit ironic Spruce, considering on 03:38 - Jun 22 with 1459 viewsRyorry

I mean it's only really Sprucey and Badger now..... on 14:30 - Jun 21 by SpruceMoose

I don't want power though, I just want to watch the forum burn.

Let's be honest though, if the LBF cleared off you handful of normal types would be left with a poster who won't use capital letters, a poster who won't stop copying tweets and pasting them on here at a furious rate, a collection of trolls, a racist homophobe or two, a mad raving Skuse and Chambers obsessive, a bloke with an assault conviction who keeps turning up like a bad penny every few months, a few gambling addicts and a bunch of barely literates.

You'd miss us, and you're welcome for our service x
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 14:35]

You're the poster who's most transparently been trying to run the forum.

Well you did ask for honesty.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

That's a bit ironic Spruce, considering on 03:39 - Jun 22 with 1461 viewsSpruceMoose

That's a bit ironic Spruce, considering on 03:38 - Jun 22 by Ryorry

You're the poster who's most transparently been trying to run the forum.

Well you did ask for honesty.

Thanks Ryorry. I'll chip off with PJH then x
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 3:40]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

That's a bit ironic Spruce, considering on 08:03 - Jun 22 with 1353 viewsBiGDonnie

That's a bit ironic Spruce, considering on 03:39 - Jun 22 by SpruceMoose

PJH left? After all those years. Was he bored of you too?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

That's a bit ironic Spruce, considering on 09:48 - Jun 22 with 1276 viewsRyorry

You know what I think, & you agreed, but appear to have forgotten! Check out our PM convos from 1 & 2 years ago.

Personally, I hope you don't leave, you can be a great poster, but I do get fed up with the same old same old on an almost daily basis re certain things.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 9:52]

Login to get fewer ads

That's a bit ironic Spruce, considering on 10:34 - Jun 22 with 1246 viewsm14_blue

You alright Sprucey?

Seem very uncharacteristically thin skinned over the last few days.

Not sure I recognise your characterisation of this site either, I think TWTD is a relative beacon of light and decency in 2021 Britain. Of course some trolls/idiots appear from time to time but they're generally given short shrift, both by the overwhelming majority of posters and by admins.

Anyway, hope all is well and certainly hope you don't leave.
That's a bit ironic Spruce, considering on 10:39 - Jun 22 with 1231 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's a bit ironic Spruce, considering on 08:03 - Jun 22 by BiGDonnie

PJH left? After all those years. Was he bored of you too?

Nah, he got fed up with chrismakin's especially spammy phase. I suspect that was more a straw that broke the camel's back, as surely you can just ignore someone who annoys you (and PJH was sensible enough to do that without drama).

Hopefully it's just a short break as he's a good poster.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That's a bit ironic Spruce, considering on 10:49 - Jun 22 with 1212 viewsBiGDonnie

That's a bit ironic Spruce, considering on 10:39 - Jun 22 by Swansea_Blue

Nah, he got fed up with chrismakin's especially spammy phase. I suspect that was more a straw that broke the camel's back, as surely you can just ignore someone who annoys you (and PJH was sensible enough to do that without drama).

Hopefully it's just a short break as he's a good poster.

Leaving because a poster posted too much, while we have an ignore function?

Impressive stuff from the old boy!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

That's a bit ironic Spruce, considering on 10:53 - Jun 22 with 1203 viewsRyorry

That's a bit ironic Spruce, considering on 10:49 - Jun 22 by BiGDonnie

Leaving because a poster posted too much, while we have an ignore function?

Impressive stuff from the old boy!

You have to stay permanently logged in to not see posters & threads you've decided to ignore though, and not everybody wants to do that (stay always logged in I mean).

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 11:44 - Jun 22 with 1169 viewsDarth_Koont

There isn’t much right with our current government or the political debate and accepted narratives (I’d include the current Labour Party in that too).

But at least be thankful you’ve got a debate. There’s only a relative handful of posters on here who can address genuine left-wing politics – the right certainly can’t without showing their ignorance and the self-styled “centre-left” doesn’t get it very well either.

Pronouns: He/Him

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 11:53 - Jun 22 with 1141 viewswkj

Im a bit surprised with this post and some of the comments tbh - What we have on this forum now is blissfully tame in comparison to a few years ago

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 12:11 - Jun 22 with 1121 viewsRyorry

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 11:53 - Jun 22 by wkj

Im a bit surprised with this post and some of the comments tbh - What we have on this forum now is blissfully tame in comparison to a few years ago

Maybe so, but my impression is that politically, it's simply more binary & tribal than it used to be (which is of course is a reflection of the real world out there).

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 12:13 - Jun 22 with 1113 viewsRyorry

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 11:44 - Jun 22 by Darth_Koont

There isn’t much right with our current government or the political debate and accepted narratives (I’d include the current Labour Party in that too).

But at least be thankful you’ve got a debate. There’s only a relative handful of posters on here who can address genuine left-wing politics – the right certainly can’t without showing their ignorance and the self-styled “centre-left” doesn’t get it very well either.

"There’s only a relative handful of posters on here who can address genuine left-wing politics".

The ones who agree with you, you mean? 😂

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 12:23 - Jun 22 with 1098 viewswkj

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 12:11 - Jun 22 by Ryorry

Maybe so, but my impression is that politically, it's simply more binary & tribal than it used to be (which is of course is a reflection of the real world out there).

If people want to show off they've traded objectivity for being part of a tribe, let em. It does the board a favour to identify those sort. As you say, this is not abnormal to the real world.

Crybaby

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 12:27 - Jun 22 with 1090 viewsDarth_Koont

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 12:13 - Jun 22 by Ryorry

"There’s only a relative handful of posters on here who can address genuine left-wing politics".

The ones who agree with you, you mean? 😂

No, the ones who know what left-wing is. And also what it isn’t. Case in point: Herbs, who I disagree with on a fair bit of stuff but is certainly firmly on the left and gets it.

Basically, we’ve got the right screaming about “Marxists!” without understanding anything, and the centre saying everything to the left of them is the hard or far left. Objectively speaking, that’s nonsense. And pretty much gives us the weak, shallow debate we do have.

[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 12:30]

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 12:34 - Jun 22 with 1069 viewsLord_Lucan

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 12:27 - Jun 22 by Darth_Koont

No, the ones who know what left-wing is. And also what it isn’t. Case in point: Herbs, who I disagree with on a fair bit of stuff but is certainly firmly on the left and gets it.

Basically, we’ve got the right screaming about “Marxists!” without understanding anything, and the centre saying everything to the left of them is the hard or far left. Objectively speaking, that’s nonsense. And pretty much gives us the weak, shallow debate we do have.

[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 12:30]

We also have the so called left calling the so called right the "Far Right"

Which is actually a bloody big insult to the millions of innocents who were murdered by the Far Right.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 12:36 - Jun 22 with 1060 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 12:23 - Jun 22 by wkj

If people want to show off they've traded objectivity for being part of a tribe, let em. It does the board a favour to identify those sort. As you say, this is not abnormal to the real world.

The thing about tribalism in what is, in effect, a two-party system is that both parties are themselves coalitions of various factions (the "broad church") who have banded together with the express aim of securing power - so tribalism makes even less sense. "My party, right or wrong" can only lead to the downfall of that party.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 12:38 - Jun 22 with 1052 viewsDarth_Koont

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 12:34 - Jun 22 by Lord_Lucan

We also have the so called left calling the so called right the "Far Right"

Which is actually a bloody big insult to the millions of innocents who were murdered by the Far Right.

That’s fair enough. We should leave that for the likes of Britain First and the extremist groups/terrorists.

Someone like Farage isn’t far right. He just enables them.

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 12:52 - Jun 22 with 1001 viewswkj

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 12:36 - Jun 22 by You_Bloo_Right

The thing about tribalism in what is, in effect, a two-party system is that both parties are themselves coalitions of various factions (the "broad church") who have banded together with the express aim of securing power - so tribalism makes even less sense. "My party, right or wrong" can only lead to the downfall of that party.

It goes deeper than that though. Societally, and on here - If you agree with someone at least once- you're accused of being in a clique. People are either scared or unwilling to accept that they hold a minority view in a conversation - so you're either in their tribe or against them. It goes beyond politics and it is part of the blight on our social freedom that we've been shaped to think this way.

Very few people on here seem able, or willing, to debate their point of view without it becoming a fight.

I am lucky enough to be in a position where most of what I say on here is either ignored, seen as odd, or off the wall. Whilst my name is familiar, I wont ever be seen as part of the furniture or one of the 'posters of the year'.

I say lucky, it Signals that I am closer to achieving my ambition of obtaining a transient position in society.

Shunning tribalism and clinging on to objective thinking is liberating - and I hope that myself and others who seek it are able to achieve that position one day.

Crybaby

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 15:18 - Jun 22 with 934 viewsnoggin

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 12:52 - Jun 22 by wkj

It goes deeper than that though. Societally, and on here - If you agree with someone at least once- you're accused of being in a clique. People are either scared or unwilling to accept that they hold a minority view in a conversation - so you're either in their tribe or against them. It goes beyond politics and it is part of the blight on our social freedom that we've been shaped to think this way.

Very few people on here seem able, or willing, to debate their point of view without it becoming a fight.

I am lucky enough to be in a position where most of what I say on here is either ignored, seen as odd, or off the wall. Whilst my name is familiar, I wont ever be seen as part of the furniture or one of the 'posters of the year'.

I say lucky, it Signals that I am closer to achieving my ambition of obtaining a transient position in society.

Shunning tribalism and clinging on to objective thinking is liberating - and I hope that myself and others who seek it are able to achieve that position one day.

Balls.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 15:21 - Jun 22 with 922 viewsfooters

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 12:52 - Jun 22 by wkj

Your views on gammon should certainly be ignored and/or laughed at.

You're a board pariah, and for good reason.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 15:50 - Jun 22 with 884 viewswkj

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 15:21 - Jun 22 by footers

Your views on gammon should certainly be ignored and/or laughed at.

You're a board pariah, and for good reason.

I just think [redacted] is a big prat in all honesty.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024