Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lots of season tickets now not renewed 16:16 - Jun 21 with 2819 viewsStewards_Enquiry

I have just received a call from Ipswich, as I wanted to purchase an extra seat. When I went on to the Website to check availability near my seat I found so many seats have now become available. This I was told was due to some ST holders not paying for their seat by this mornings deadline

I feel that the lack of signings has put some people off of buying and renewing and worry this could have an impact on the budget for players !

Poll: ARE YOU GOING TO CANCEL YOU DIRECT DEBIT TOMORROW ?

Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 16:19 - Jun 21 with 2724 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Probably just a mix of those that would naturally drop off, people that are sceptical about being able to attend as normal in August and some that may have taken the opportunity to move

Hence why those trying to calculate sales from the availability maps on the site were wasting their time!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 16:25 - Jun 21 with 2660 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I'd say its probably more to do with COVID than anything, guess people waiting to see if allowed in full capacity first
Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 16:26 - Jun 21 with 2646 viewsKeno

Occams Razor time

Lots of tickets sold....but lots available near where you sit .......

now why could that be??? ....

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 16:30 - Jun 21 with 2590 viewsHARRY10

Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 16:25 - Jun 21 by abracaDOBRA_

I'd say its probably more to do with COVID than anything, guess people waiting to see if allowed in full capacity first

Given the availability, there's not really any urgency

It would be interesting to see how we compare with other clubs regarding renewals

Likewise new signings, I don't think we will be much different to others
Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 16:31 - Jun 21 with 2572 viewsStewards_Enquiry

Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 16:26 - Jun 21 by Keno

Occams Razor time

Lots of tickets sold....but lots available near where you sit .......

now why could that be??? ....

I looked at different areas and there's lots more everywhere !

Everyone loves a fisherman !

Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 16:40 - Jun 21 with 2451 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 16:30 - Jun 21 by HARRY10

Given the availability, there's not really any urgency

It would be interesting to see how we compare with other clubs regarding renewals

Likewise new signings, I don't think we will be much different to others

yeah exactly, if someone wanted to get a ST the week before the season started they could.
I'd say were one of the highest - Pompey and Sunderland above us i reckon. Who knows with Sheff Wed, they are a mess.
Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 16:41 - Jun 21 with 2437 viewsfooters

Very disappointing effort. Very poor indeed.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 16:58 - Jun 21 with 2232 viewstrncbluearmy

That seems a lot of non-renewals, especially for Northstand
perhaps those who cancelled their dd`s last season have not reactivated them?
Login to get fewer ads

Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 17:40 - Jun 21 with 1965 viewsxrayspecs

I have bought a lower north season ticket but not the one that was held for me as a lapsed ST holder from the 19/20 season. My 19/20 seat has now been released for sale.

So some of the non-renewers will be movers, like me.
Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 17:48 - Jun 21 with 1914 viewsTieDyedIn95

A lot of the ST hype is nonsense being spread on Twitter and Facebook by a certain crew of Poundland ultras who don't know how the ticketing system works.

The idea we're about to get 16-20k people jump back on in the third division is nonsense.

We've lost a lot of support over the past 20 years or so, a lot of it is people moving from there area, natural causes seeing fans either passing on or unable to attend games due to age, the kids in Town and the surrounding areas now support Premiership teams and not Ipswich. Another factor is a lot of people have moved into the Anglia region with no affinity to the clubs here so still watch London teams instead, as do their kids and friends.

The end result is we're down to a hardcore of 12-16k people, many of which won't be able to afford a ST, especially after Covid. I doubt we'd sell a full compliment of ST's if we got back into the 2nd division or the top flight either, the world has changed and the Ipswich brand post-Evans is a laughing stock or totally unknow to the casual fan.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 18:07 - Jun 21 with 1809 viewsSuperCoops

What a roundabout way of basically saying you're concerned about the lack of signings.
Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 18:25 - Jun 21 with 1716 viewsDurovigutum

Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 16:31 - Jun 21 by Stewards_Enquiry

I looked at different areas and there's lots more everywhere !

Everyone loves a fisherman !

I'd held back because the availability and choice was so poor. Virgin media have just cut my bill by £40 a month. Hmmmm...
Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 18:39 - Jun 21 with 1619 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Hang on. Were you on the website or on a call?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 19:15 - Jun 21 with 1465 viewsChurchman

In Duncan’s time the crowds fell to under 10,000 week in, week out. That stayed the case right into the promotion season and it it was only in the last few months gates improved. Under Burley, we didn’t sell out a 20k capacity too often, though the crowds did grow.

Obviously with Wembley, PL demand remand high, but year on year our gates have declined. Hardly a surprise with years or dross, lately in an old, rotting stadium. A whole generation of supporters have been lost and with Covid, many of those remaining will be cautious.

If the new owners are serious, there is a heap of work needed to change the image of the club, get it into the community, develop the facilities and give people a reason to go with a football team. However, it’s perfectly do-able though it’s going to take time and considerable effort.
Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 20:49 - Jun 21 with 1173 viewsStewards_Enquiry

Lots of season tickets now not renewed on 18:39 - Jun 21 by Cheltenham_Blue

Hang on. Were you on the website or on a call?

The ticket office called me after I mailed them, and whilst on the phone I was checking availability online at the time ! Its called multi tasking Cheltenham Blue !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024