Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
iFollow Price Increase 17:17 - Jun 21 with 2970 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Up from £20 to £25 a month for all matches as of next season. That's quite the hike, but still money well spent I think.
iFollow Price Increase on 17:30 - Jun 21 with 2883 viewsIllinoisblue

No increase for international subscribers. Stays at local equivalent of 140 quid for the season

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

iFollow Price Increase on 17:51 - Jun 21 with 2795 viewsTractorCam

Has someone angrily tweeted this to the owners yet? Only a matter of time.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

iFollow Price Increase on 20:03 - Jun 21 with 2610 viewsradiogaga

Paying just shy of £25 to go and experience one live game is arguably money better spent than on one month of iFollow. The concept was a really good one with the lockdowns/ no fans being admitted but the quality of the service especially when compared to the cost last season was really pretty poor.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 20:03]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

iFollow Price Increase on 20:40 - Jun 21 with 2504 viewsDeano69

I wonder if they had a ‘season ticket special offer’ for away games only, if it would be popular?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

iFollow Price Increase on 20:43 - Jun 21 with 2495 viewsBonchosBicycle

iFollow Price Increase on 17:30 - Jun 21 by Illinoisblue

No increase for international subscribers. Stays at local equivalent of 140 quid for the season

The £140 is a bargain really. Especially for those of us for whom the cost of attending a match at Portman Road costs something like $1000 with travel costs.
iFollow Price Increase on 20:45 - Jun 21 with 2485 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I'm confused- are you UK based? Is there a UK video option for next year? All I get is the option to subscribe for Audio or to pay on a match by match basis for video.
iFollow Price Increase on 20:46 - Jun 21 with 2482 viewsMattinLondon

iFollow Price Increase on 20:03 - Jun 21 by radiogaga

Paying just shy of £25 to go and experience one live game is arguably money better spent than on one month of iFollow. The concept was a really good one with the lockdowns/ no fans being admitted but the quality of the service especially when compared to the cost last season was really pretty poor.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 20:03]

I may well be in the minority but I thought that iFollow got much better as the season progressed.

It isn’t just £25 if someone lives miles away. The cost of travel adds a lot onto the match day experience.
iFollow Price Increase on 20:53 - Jun 21 with 2453 viewsSpruceMoose

iFollow Price Increase on 20:46 - Jun 21 by MattinLondon

I may well be in the minority but I thought that iFollow got much better as the season progressed.

It isn’t just £25 if someone lives miles away. The cost of travel adds a lot onto the match day experience.

It's so much better than it was in the early days too. The people complaining about the quality last season don't know the pain of spending five minutes watching the cameraman focusing on the corner flag or a seagull while we score up the other end.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

iFollow Price Increase on 20:53 - Jun 21 with 2456 viewsBryanPlug

iFollow Price Increase on 20:45 - Jun 21 by ArnoldMoorhen

I'm confused- are you UK based? Is there a UK video option for next year? All I get is the option to subscribe for Audio or to pay on a match by match basis for video.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

iFollow Price Increase on 20:56 - Jun 21 with 2441 viewsSpruceMoose

iFollow Price Increase on 20:53 - Jun 21 by BryanPlug

They should require payment registered to a non-UK address really. A VPN can easily be bypassed and I'll be pissed off if UK based people drive the price up for us genuine users, or get it yanked altogether somehow.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 20:57]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

iFollow Price Increase on 20:58 - Jun 21 with 2426 viewsBryanPlug

iFollow Price Increase on 20:56 - Jun 21 by SpruceMoose

They should require payment registered to a non-UK address really. A VPN can easily be bypassed and I'll be pissed off if UK based people drive the price up for us genuine users, or get it yanked altogether somehow.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 20:57]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

iFollow Price Increase on 21:04 - Jun 21 with 2391 viewsSpruceMoose

iFollow Price Increase on 20:58 - Jun 21 by BryanPlug

Maybe I'm wrong, but it was originally a foreign based service wasn't it? There's wasn't a UK price as it wasn't available in the UK when the service started up. Someone abroad has no choice to watch ifollow over going to a game. That's not true in the UK. I suspect that's why it's priced higher.

iFollow Price Increase on 21:08 - Jun 21 with 2373 viewsMattinLondon

Maybe domestic audiences have to pay a premium as it could be a factor in someone not going to the stadium itself. Someone living, for example, in Germany is unlikely to go to Portman Road on the spur of the moment.

Apologies to Spruce who said the same - didn’t see his reply.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 21:09]
iFollow Price Increase on 21:23 - Jun 21 with 2335 viewsAlexGreen

Brexit.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

iFollow Price Increase on 22:04 - Jun 21 with 2261 viewsStokieBlue

iFollow Price Increase on 21:04 - Jun 21 by SpruceMoose

Maybe I'm wrong, but it was originally a foreign based service wasn't it? There's wasn't a UK price as it wasn't available in the UK when the service started up. Someone abroad has no choice to watch ifollow over going to a game. That's not true in the UK. I suspect that's why it's priced higher.

Not everyone can realistically go to the games in the UK either though.

In the end, the money ends up in the club coffers which is good for all.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

iFollow Price Increase on 22:23 - Jun 21 with 2206 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

iFollow Price Increase on 21:04 - Jun 21 by SpruceMoose

It was foreign based originally, three seasons ago which is why you needed a VPN. When Covid hit, they had to open the service up to UK IP addresses which meant you didn’t need a VPN.

Popping in an overseas address was deemed ‘fraud’ by some on here 😂 but it has meant I have got to watch the last two seasons home and away for £20 a month, money which the club would not have otherwise received from me as I would not have gone to many games.

I would probably spend close to £100 per match when you factor in the ticket, travel, beer and food so it’s money well spent and a win/win for me and the club.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 22:24]
iFollow Price Increase on 22:46 - Jun 21 with 2156 viewsSpruceMoose

iFollow Price Increase on 22:04 - Jun 21 by StokieBlue

Not everyone can realistically go to the games in the UK either though.

In the end, the money ends up in the club coffers which is good for all.

SB

I'm not arguing against it! If people want it they should be able to get it. I was just assuming that EFL and some clubs don't want it to be too much of a bargain in the UK in case it has an impact on attendances.

Maybe they could do a more low priced away games package or something?
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 22:47]

iFollow Price Increase on 22:56 - Jun 21 with 2126 viewsMattinLondon

iFollow Price Increase on 22:23 - Jun 21 by BlueBlueBluex2

It was foreign based originally, three seasons ago which is why you needed a VPN. When Covid hit, they had to open the service up to UK IP addresses which meant you didn’t need a VPN.

Popping in an overseas address was deemed ‘fraud’ by some on here 😂 but it has meant I have got to watch the last two seasons home and away for £20 a month, money which the club would not have otherwise received from me as I would not have gone to many games.

I would probably spend close to £100 per match when you factor in the ticket, travel, beer and food so it’s money well spent and a win/win for me and the club.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 22:24]

It is fraud.

Edit. Or obtaining a service through not being dishonest - think there’s a difference between the two.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 23:02]
iFollow Price Increase on 23:00 - Jun 21 with 2113 viewsStokieBlue

iFollow Price Increase on 22:46 - Jun 21 by SpruceMoose

I'm not arguing against it! If people want it they should be able to get it. I was just assuming that EFL and some clubs don't want it to be too much of a bargain in the UK in case it has an impact on attendances.

Maybe they could do a more low priced away games package or something?
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 22:47]

I think there is certainly scope for some type of away games package.

There is probably even scope for a home game package, most people who live close and want to go are going to go regardless of whether they can buy it online or not.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

iFollow Price Increase on 01:26 - Jun 22 with 2001 viewsBonchosBicycle

It'd be interesting to see a trial of access for all. As SB said, I think most who were going will go anyway. The live match experience is only in part about the actual game. In fact, notwithstanding iFollow's camera work, I see more of the game on TV than from the North Stand. But it's not the same as if you can be there.

Still, if you lose 100 who might have gone to the match to pick up 1000* in the SW, Scotland, Ireland, or even Felixstowe, who weren't going to go, then is it a net bonus for the club financially?

*figures made up
iFollow Price Increase on 10:42 - Jun 22 with 1748 viewsUppa_Towen

Can you post a link please? Can’t find it under the ‘subscribe’ section…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024