Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jabby Jab Jab Advice 22:16 - Jun 21 with 2482 viewsSwailsey

I had my first one 22nd May, but I’ve now been offered my second one this Thursday.

That seems soon to me, but I haven’t actually been keeping up with it since it moved from 12 weeks.

Is that about right now?

Fanx

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 22:17 - Jun 21 with 2452 viewsStokieBlue

Which vaccine?

Anything over 3 weeks seems to improve the response of the second dose. As it stands I think they are trying to get as many people a second dose as possible given the risks of the delta variant.

SB
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 22:18]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 22:18 - Jun 21 with 2439 viewsSwailsey

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 22:17 - Jun 21 by StokieBlue

Which vaccine?

Anything over 3 weeks seems to improve the response of the second dose. As it stands I think they are trying to get as many people a second dose as possible given the risks of the delta variant.

SB
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 22:18]

Sorry, Pfizer.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 22:20 - Jun 21 with 2424 viewsfactual_blue

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 22:18 - Jun 21 by Swailsey

Sorry, Pfizer.

I don't think they'd offer it to you on an inappropriately early date.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 22:21 - Jun 21 with 2419 viewsStokieBlue

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 22:18 - Jun 21 by Swailsey

Sorry, Pfizer.

The US does the second dose of Pfizer after 21 days so you are nearly double that. For AZ it seems that anything over 3 or 4 weeks is good but leaving it longer doesn't hurt.

It'll be about 9 weeks between my AZ doses when I have my second on Wednesday.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 22:27 - Jun 21 with 2384 viewsStrimmer

Similar thing happened to me, thought the GPs jab computer might have gone funny cos it was texting me within 5 weeks. Turns out they're just really going in on the early second jabs. But interesting I'm not the only one who truly thought 8 or 9 weeks was the clinical advice best gap, rather than just the gov's (revised) stock management gap.

Poll: Was it a punch?

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 22:29 - Jun 21 with 2365 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think I am in a funny mood tonight but I expected this thread to be about a diminutive ex-midfielder and whether we should take him on as a coach ... or whether he would be a good choice to do your kitchen or something.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 22:31 - Jun 21 with 2351 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 22:21 - Jun 21 by StokieBlue

The US does the second dose of Pfizer after 21 days so you are nearly double that. For AZ it seems that anything over 3 or 4 weeks is good but leaving it longer doesn't hurt.

It'll be about 9 weeks between my AZ doses when I have my second on Wednesday.

SB

Is my memory failing me or wasn't 12 weeks longer than the original manufacturers advice anyway?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 22:34 - Jun 21 with 2343 viewsmikeybloo88

Originally we were all supposed to get second jabs after 3 weeks, but that obviously changed to get more first doses done. I heard one scientist say that the best immune response from the second AZ jab is with a 10-11 week gap, although i should think its pretty damn good anytime after 3 weeks, but I don't know about Pfizer.
Login to get fewer ads

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 22:47 - Jun 21 with 2285 viewsdickie

I had my second Pfizer exactly 4 weeks after my first jab. I think they're just smashing through them where they've got capacity
Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 22:59 - Jun 21 with 2233 viewsSwailsey

Thanks all - really helpful

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 23:25 - Jun 21 with 2187 viewsTractorWood

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 22:47 - Jun 21 by dickie

I had my second Pfizer exactly 4 weeks after my first jab. I think they're just smashing through them where they've got capacity

I had 2nd Pfizer about 10 days ago. Felt absolutely awful for 3 days.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 00:33 - Jun 22 with 2130 viewsacj

I had AZ a month ago for my first dose, and due to have Pfizer for my second at the start of July, so it’ll be a 6 week gap between the two.

After one case of some blood clotting disorder the authorities here in Chile suspended the use of AZ in under 45s (two weeks after I’d had my first dose) but apparently studies have shown AZ + Pfizer work effectively combined across the two doses.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 06:00 - Jun 22 with 2040 viewsdickie

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 23:25 - Jun 21 by TractorWood

I had 2nd Pfizer about 10 days ago. Felt absolutely awful for 3 days.

I felt fine, didn't even have as much of a dead arm the second time and no other side effects at all. It's weird how differently it affects different people
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 6:01]
Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 07:46 - Jun 22 with 1879 views26_Paz

I booked on the online system, had my first end of May, originally booked second for mid august. Went on there Sunday and managed to re book second for mid July, exactly 8 weeks after first. Pfizer.

The Paz Man

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 09:14 - Jun 22 with 1753 viewsshady

Got my second AZ jab today
Exactly 12 weeks after First Dose
Here in India all the settings have been changed
making it impossible to get 2nd earlier than 12 weeks
(although for urgent cases they can bend rules, as in students flying overseas)

With the extreme shortage of stock
I was expecting horrendous queues and then to be turned away.
which may well be the case elsewhere, but today was fortunate.
They even processed me
and confirmed that I’d received the dose 5 minutes before the needle went in.
I wonder how many do a runner?
Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 09:45 - Jun 22 with 1704 viewsTractorWood

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 06:00 - Jun 22 by dickie

I felt fine, didn't even have as much of a dead arm the second time and no other side effects at all. It's weird how differently it affects different people
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 6:01]

Don't know if age makes a difference? I am early thirties. Only had 3 weeks between them as my doctors are relentlessly smashing through it.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 13:43 - Jun 22 with 1601 viewsdickie

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 09:45 - Jun 22 by TractorWood

Don't know if age makes a difference? I am early thirties. Only had 3 weeks between them as my doctors are relentlessly smashing through it.

I'm 37, I don't know anyone who has had bad side effects with Pfizer but plenty who were knocked for 6 with AZ. All anecdotal though as there are probably loads who can say the opposite.
Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 13:46 - Jun 22 with 1592 viewsSamuelowen88

Question for anyone who's had a 2nd earlier than expected.

Missus had Moderna #1 and at the same time booked #2 ~ for around 12 weeks after.

Will that be stuck to? Or are they contacting people already with later bookings to bring them forward?

Poll: England v Wales Score

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 13:48 - Jun 22 with 1576 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 00:33 - Jun 22 by acj

I had AZ a month ago for my first dose, and due to have Pfizer for my second at the start of July, so it’ll be a 6 week gap between the two.

After one case of some blood clotting disorder the authorities here in Chile suspended the use of AZ in under 45s (two weeks after I’d had my first dose) but apparently studies have shown AZ + Pfizer work effectively combined across the two doses.

Which studies?

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 17:59 - Jun 22 with 1454 viewsacj

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 13:48 - Jun 22 by The_Last_Baron

Which studies?

The health ministry here were referencing studies done in Spain I think, although I haven’t actually read into it. We don’t get given any choice about the vaccine we receive here so I’ll take whatever they offer me!

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 07:33 - Jun 23 with 1324 views26_Paz

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 17:59 - Jun 22 by acj

The health ministry here were referencing studies done in Spain I think, although I haven’t actually read into it. We don’t get given any choice about the vaccine we receive here so I’ll take whatever they offer me!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57571791
Looks like mixing them is happening in other countries

The Paz Man

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 08:35 - Jun 23 with 1289 viewsIpswichKnight

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 13:43 - Jun 22 by dickie

I'm 37, I don't know anyone who has had bad side effects with Pfizer but plenty who were knocked for 6 with AZ. All anecdotal though as there are probably loads who can say the opposite.

45 here and have had both AZ jabs now. Worst I got was a slightly stiff and bruised feeling in my left arm for 2 days after the 1st jab. Had no side effects for the 2nd jab.
Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 08:38 - Jun 23 with 1282 viewsCotty

The NHS know what they're doing, take your jab as soon as you are allowed/offered. If you don't want it, I'll have it, I'm not scheduled until August!!
Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 09:50 - Jun 23 with 1248 viewsSouperJim

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 13:43 - Jun 22 by dickie

You can add me to the anecdotal list for AZ. Put me on my backside with extreme fatigue, took a couple of weeks to fully wear off.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Jabby Jab Jab Advice on 09:57 - Jun 23 with 1233 viewsSparky85

I had my 2nd Pfizer jab today after having the 1st on the 15th May. I called and asked if it could be brought forward and they called me in within 4 days.

WHO recommendation is 4 weeks I believe
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024