Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate 15:23 - Jun 22 with 2742 viewshype313

But not his team mates? Struggling to square this one.

[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 15:23]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 15:27 - Jun 22 with 2429 viewsWickets

Yup as Gareth has said that's a tiny bit confusing . Chat to him in the tunnel isolate , sit next to him in the changing rooms ok ?
So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 15:30 - Jun 22 with 2416 viewshype313

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 15:27 - Jun 22 by Wickets

Yup as Gareth has said that's a tiny bit confusing . Chat to him in the tunnel isolate , sit next to him in the changing rooms ok ?

Its just as logical as suggesting that you can't catch Covid while seated for hours inside a pub/restaurant but definitely can when you get up and spend 30 seconds walking to the loo.

Or staggered leaving times for different yr groups in school - who then travel home on the bus together...

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 15:32 - Jun 22 with 2390 views26_Paz

I just don’t get this. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

The Paz Man

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:00 - Jun 22 with 2250 viewsMeadowlark

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 15:30 - Jun 22 by hype313

Its just as logical as suggesting that you can't catch Covid while seated for hours inside a pub/restaurant but definitely can when you get up and spend 30 seconds walking to the loo.

Or staggered leaving times for different yr groups in school - who then travel home on the bus together...

Or the fact that you can mingle with hundreds of unknowns in the supermarket, but not half a dozen mates in the pub.
So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:02 - Jun 22 with 2233 viewsEly_Blue

Who does this Gilmore play for?

I only know of Billy Gilmour, I guess the former plays for some pub team?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:03 - Jun 22 with 2224 viewshype313

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:02 - Jun 22 by Ely_Blue

Who does this Gilmore play for?

I only know of Billy Gilmour, I guess the former plays for some pub team?

You're getting him mixed up with Happy.

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:07 - Jun 22 with 2198 viewsAJblue

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 15:27 - Jun 22 by Wickets

Hi

agree with all that has been said, but Chilwell and Mount both went up to Gilmore at end of match and hugged him and ruffled his hair, so I suppose it counts as physical contact

Crecy

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:10 - Jun 22 with 2180 viewshype313

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:07 - Jun 22 by AJblue

Hi

agree with all that has been said, but Chilwell and Mount both went up to Gilmore at end of match and hugged him and ruffled his hair, so I suppose it counts as physical contact

So did Steve Clarke and the rest of the Scottish team, who were congratulating him on his 1st appearance.

Login to get fewer ads

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:15 - Jun 22 with 2142 viewsm14_blue

When Fleck tested positive prior to the tournament, 6 scottish players were told to isolate after being identified as close contacts.

How convenient that now, when it really matters, none of their players have been near Gilmour.

It stinks but I guess most countries would do the same.
So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:23 - Jun 22 with 2106 viewsbraveblue

FA decision. 25 minute chat in tunnel.
So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:29 - Jun 22 with 2077 viewsRyorry

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:23 - Jun 22 by braveblue

FA decision. 25 minute chat in tunnel.

If that's the case, then isn't it an organisational failure by the FA, UEFA, or both? They could easily have arranged for the teams to gather in the tunnel in succession, maybe even a minute or two apart - not together.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:33 - Jun 22 with 2053 viewsParsley

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:29 - Jun 22 by Ryorry

If that's the case, then isn't it an organisational failure by the FA, UEFA, or both? They could easily have arranged for the teams to gather in the tunnel in succession, maybe even a minute or two apart - not together.

This might not be popular but I think it's on the players ultimately not following covid protocols, if they'd stayed 2 metres apart for their chat then they wouldn't have to isolate.
So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:58 - Jun 22 with 1964 viewsN2_Blue

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:07 - Jun 22 by AJblue

Hi

and this isn't physical contact by Lyndon dykes:

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 17:18 - Jun 22 with 1903 viewsAJblue

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:58 - Jun 22 by N2_Blue

and this isn't physical contact by Lyndon dykes:

As I said I agree its a nonsense, but the fact that they were not on his team or bubble, might be what swayed the decision, rightly or more so wrongly

Crecy

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 17:19 - Jun 22 with 1900 viewsAJblue

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:10 - Jun 22 by hype313

So did Steve Clarke and the rest of the Scottish team, who were congratulating him on his 1st appearance.

Yes its a nonsense, but Steve Clarke is in his bubble, perhaps that makes a difference?

Only putting forward an idea, I didnt make the ruling!!

Crecy

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 17:42 - Jun 22 with 1826 viewsPinewoodblue

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:29 - Jun 22 by Ryorry

All three play for Chelsea, they chatted in the tunnel for 25 minutes after the match.

Southgate is apparently annoyed but, with hindsight, he only has himself to blame. He should have sent someone to find out why they hadn’t returned to dressing room.

If you do not follow the rules and assume it will be OK to ignore them you are taking a risk. Clearly the risk was a lot more than appreciated at the time.

A classic example of why it is important to take Covid seriously and follow the rules.

Suspect it was known where they were, what they were doing bit in their wisdom team management decided to let it be.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 17:46 - Jun 22 with 1807 viewsVaughan8

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 17:42 - Jun 22 by Pinewoodblue

All three play for Chelsea, they chatted in the tunnel for 25 minutes after the match.

Southgate is apparently annoyed but, with hindsight, he only has himself to blame. He should have sent someone to find out why they hadn’t returned to dressing room.

If you do not follow the rules and assume it will be OK to ignore them you are taking a risk. Clearly the risk was a lot more than appreciated at the time.

A classic example of why it is important to take Covid seriously and follow the rules.

Suspect it was known where they were, what they were doing bit in their wisdom team management decided to let it be.

This.

The guidlines apparently from what I heard on the radio, is they should have been wearing masks (don't shoot the messenger) which is the protocol. They didn't follow this.

Also, they said the teams are social distancing from each other, 1m apart at meal times etc etc. Whether you believe that or not is another thing.

I think the point is they were "indoors" and not outside so the picture above is a pointless example.

Unfortunately they are the rules even if it does sound a bit strange!
So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 18:05 - Jun 22 with 1753 viewsronnyd

It's as others have said. It wasn't the actions on the pitch that was the problem. it was the long chat in the tunnel area later on. There was a doctor on the Morning Live programme Monday, saying that you need to have close contact with an infected person for around 10/15 mins to stand a chance of catching the virus.
Added... Also the reason that the Scotland squad are not all self isolating is because they appear to be based in England, where the rules are different to if they were based in Scotland. Think i've heard this correctly but could be misinformed.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 18:12]
So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 18:13 - Jun 22 with 1712 viewsRyorry

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 18:05 - Jun 22 by ronnyd

It's as others have said. It wasn't the actions on the pitch that was the problem. it was the long chat in the tunnel area later on. There was a doctor on the Morning Live programme Monday, saying that you need to have close contact with an infected person for around 10/15 mins to stand a chance of catching the virus.
Added... Also the reason that the Scotland squad are not all self isolating is because they appear to be based in England, where the rules are different to if they were based in Scotland. Think i've heard this correctly but could be misinformed.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 18:12]

"...you need to have close contact with an infected person for around 10/15 mins to stand a chance of catching the virus".

All I can say about that is that I caught two colds last year from two people in less than a minute's outdoors convo each time, one socially distanced & one not. During the socially distanced one, I think the wind was blowing from them towards me.

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 18:14 - Jun 22 with 1710 viewsEdmundo

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 16:00 - Jun 22 by Meadowlark

Or the fact that you can mingle with hundreds of unknowns in the supermarket, but not half a dozen mates in the pub.

And you can do all that, and even attend a 12000 attendance match, but not go and watch your eldest son at his sports day. It's a farce. I've stopped caring.The rules are made up off the cuff.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 18:16 - Jun 22 with 1702 viewsRyorry

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 18:14 - Jun 22 by Edmundo

And you can do all that, and even attend a 12000 attendance match, but not go and watch your eldest son at his sports day. It's a farce. I've stopped caring.The rules are made up off the cuff.

"I've stopped caring.The rules are made up off the cuff."

Which is one of the reasons we are now experiencing problems with the Delta variant.

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 19:44 - Jun 22 with 1581 viewsStenvict

It's amazing how Gilmour is 1 of many in a bubble and is the only one to get a positive test result. He then has half the England team in his pocket for 90 mins and mingles with a few England mates after the game and nobody has a positive test as a result. I wouldn't be surprised if Gilmour had a negative test, if he did one now.

Poll: What will be announced first?

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 19:48 - Jun 22 with 1573 viewsjas0999

Bizarre.
So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 22:22 - Jun 22 with 1439 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Croatymanager said if they got Covid in their training camp they would all have to isolate!
So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 13:21 - Jun 25 with 1128 viewsEdmundo

So Billy Gilmore's opponents have to isolate on 18:13 - Jun 22 by Ryorry

"...you need to have close contact with an infected person for around 10/15 mins to stand a chance of catching the virus".

All I can say about that is that I caught two colds last year from two people in less than a minute's outdoors convo each time, one socially distanced & one not. During the socially distanced one, I think the wind was blowing from them towards me.

It does depend on your health. I'd like to think an international footballer is healthier than a middle aged overweight smoker who works at a desk all day.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024