Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently 15:49 - Jun 22 with 4289 viewschicoazul

Boris the fat useless tw@ is announcing on Monday that lockdown fully ends on the 5th July.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 15:51]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Apparently on 15:50 - Jun 22 with 2866 views26_Paz

Great news if true

The Paz Man

Apparently on 15:51 - Jun 22 with 2851 viewsbluelagos

Nah, will be a Monday. A Friday would make that weekend a full on mental blow out so just don't see it. A Monday and people have a few days to go to the pubs without things going too ott.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Apparently on 15:51 - Jun 22 with 2839 viewsBluefish

I read the opposite........

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Apparently on 15:53 - Jun 22 with 2814 viewschicoazul

Apparently on 15:51 - Jun 22 by bluelagos

Nah, will be a Monday. A Friday would make that weekend a full on mental blow out so just don't see it. A Monday and people have a few days to go to the pubs without things going too ott.

Yeah my bad, the 5th.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Apparently on 15:55 - Jun 22 with 2780 viewsStokieBlue

Apparently on 15:50 - Jun 22 by 26_Paz

Great news if true

It's idiotic for Boris to announce something like that on the 22nd June. It has to be data driven and just announcing dates as firm deadlines is not being data driven. The data is looking pretty good in general with regards to hospitalisations (although we have the highest cases in Europe which isn't good for long covid).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Apparently on 15:57 - Jun 22 with 2730 views26_Paz

Apparently on 15:55 - Jun 22 by StokieBlue

It's idiotic for Boris to announce something like that on the 22nd June. It has to be data driven and just announcing dates as firm deadlines is not being data driven. The data is looking pretty good in general with regards to hospitalisations (although we have the highest cases in Europe which isn't good for long covid).

SB

He has to give at least some notice so businesses can prepare. Large events can sell / not refund tickets, Nightclubs can get staff off furlough, Bars can re modify for normal operations etc.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 15:58]

The Paz Man

Apparently on 16:00 - Jun 22 with 2704 viewsEly_Blue

Apparently on 15:53 - Jun 22 by chicoazul

Yeah my bad, the 5th.

No chance.

It will be 19th July - def info

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Apparently on 16:03 - Jun 22 with 2654 viewsDinDjarin

Convenient for the cup final
Login to get fewer ads

Apparently on 16:05 - Jun 22 with 2627 viewsbluelagos

Apparently on 16:03 - Jun 22 by DinDjarin

Convenient for the cup final

They've just announced 60k at the semis and final of the Euros.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Apparently on 16:06 - Jun 22 with 2607 viewswkj

Apparently on 15:57 - Jun 22 by 26_Paz

He has to give at least some notice so businesses can prepare. Large events can sell / not refund tickets, Nightclubs can get staff off furlough, Bars can re modify for normal operations etc.

So he is giving notice to people to prepare for 'business as usual' based on an assumption. Just like the times we were coming out of lockdown before - and then back in lockdown, telling people christmas was on, then wasn't.

Surely even the most devout lover of The Big Johnson can see that decisions and guidance has been given many times before the full scope of the situation is realised, then being left with no choice to engage in the things totally opposite to what was being forecast.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Apparently on 16:09 - Jun 22 with 2572 viewsStokieBlue

Apparently on 15:57 - Jun 22 by 26_Paz

Not sure that the last two examples need 2 weeks to prepare. Bars didn't change anything for the last "freedom day" and that was closer to the date than this.

So are you saying that the decision shouldn't be data driven? It's been proven multiple times that if it's not then he ends up looking like a fool and people get upset.

Scotland aren't going to lift all restrictions until the 9th August when all adults are vaccinated from what Sturgeon said today.

SB

Apparently on 16:09 - Jun 22 with 2561 viewshype313

Can't see it myself, Hancock is taking great delight at being in the spotlight still.

Also "Our assessment of the risks is not fundamentally changed by new Variants of Concern"

I'm going for Canadian this time, maybe we could do a sweepstake?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Apparently on 16:14 - Jun 22 with 2499 viewswkj

Apparently on 16:09 - Jun 22 by hype313

Can't see it myself, Hancock is taking great delight at being in the spotlight still.

Also "Our assessment of the risks is not fundamentally changed by new Variants of Concern"

I'm going for Canadian this time, maybe we could do a sweepstake?

Here in lies where my analogy comes from regarding the current government

'They're like a bunch of substitute teachers being tasked with rewriting the curriculum'

Fundamental changes need to occur in the government, and I am not necessarily saying TORIES OUT! but rather saying this current cabinet are atrocious. The supporters of the Tories must surely be at a point they would need to nominate a leader of stability and pragmatism rather than a group of chancers making it up as they go along.

Crybaby

Apparently on 16:15 - Jun 22 with 2481 viewschicoazul

Apparently on 16:14 - Jun 22 by wkj

Here in lies where my analogy comes from regarding the current government

'They're like a bunch of substitute teachers being tasked with rewriting the curriculum'

Fundamental changes need to occur in the government, and I am not necessarily saying TORIES OUT! but rather saying this current cabinet are atrocious. The supporters of the Tories must surely be at a point they would need to nominate a leader of stability and pragmatism rather than a group of chancers making it up as they go along.

Expect a big reshuffle once lockdown is finished.

Apparently on 16:19 - Jun 22 with 2433 views26_Paz

Apparently on 16:06 - Jun 22 by wkj

So he is giving notice to people to prepare for 'business as usual' based on an assumption. Just like the times we were coming out of lockdown before - and then back in lockdown, telling people christmas was on, then wasn't.

Surely even the most devout lover of The Big Johnson can see that decisions and guidance has been given many times before the full scope of the situation is realised, then being left with no choice to engage in the things totally opposite to what was being forecast.

Yes, many mistakes have been made to date, I agree and if he announces this and then goes back on it that will be another one to add to the list.

The Paz Man

Apparently on 16:20 - Jun 22 with 2429 viewswkj

Apparently on 16:15 - Jun 22 by chicoazul

Expect a big reshuffle once lockdown is finished.

That is all good and well, but the leadership needs to be part of that reshuffle too.

Crybaby

Apparently on 16:20 - Jun 22 with 2414 views26_Paz

Apparently on 16:09 - Jun 22 by StokieBlue

Not sure that the last two examples need 2 weeks to prepare. Bars didn't change anything for the last "freedom day" and that was closer to the date than this.

So are you saying that the decision shouldn't be data driven? It's been proven multiple times that if it's not then he ends up looking like a fool and people get upset.

Scotland aren't going to lift all restrictions until the 9th August when all adults are vaccinated from what Sturgeon said today.

SB

It should, of course, be data driven. But if data is suggesting we will be ok by the 5th then a it of advance warning is essential.

The Paz Man

Apparently on 16:24 - Jun 22 with 2391 viewswkj

Apparently on 16:19 - Jun 22 by 26_Paz

Yes, many mistakes have been made to date, I agree and if he announces this and then goes back on it that will be another one to add to the list.

Do you not also see how the risk of that happening can be massively mitigated if Johnson waits and announces the direction after having a better handle on the data that will be coming his way over the next couple of weeks?

What if he doubles down and sticks to his 9th of July deadline - and that causes another massive spike? This is dangerous governance at the nth degree.

Crybaby

Apparently on 16:27 - Jun 22 with 2355 viewsMattinLondon

Apparently on 16:19 - Jun 22 by 26_Paz

By ‘many mistakes have been made’ do you actually mean ‘needless deaths’?
Apparently on 16:29 - Jun 22 with 2331 viewsDinDjarin

Good. The whole thing has become a farce.
Apparently on 16:32 - Jun 22 with 2305 viewsStokieBlue

Apparently on 16:29 - Jun 22 by DinDjarin

Good. The whole thing has become a farce.

In what way?

SB

Apparently on 16:35 - Jun 22 with 2278 viewsDinDjarin

Apparently on 16:32 - Jun 22 by StokieBlue

In what way?

SB

Ascot, Wimbledon, Wembley, G7 but schools not allowing parents to sports day as one example.

Its becoming selective based on money. Just unlock everything and be done with it.

People are jabbing up and still being locked away. Am just waiting for a new variant to hit us once the Euros are done with.
Apparently on 16:38 - Jun 22 with 2245 viewspositivity

Apparently on 16:35 - Jun 22 by DinDjarin

Ascot, Wimbledon, Wembley, G7 but schools not allowing parents to sports day as one example.

Its becoming selective based on money. Just unlock everything and be done with it.

People are jabbing up and still being locked away. Am just waiting for a new variant to hit us once the Euros are done with.

if a new variant hits us after the euros, re-opening is a disastrous thing to do

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Apparently on 16:42 - Jun 22 with 2201 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Apparently on 15:50 - Jun 22 by 26_Paz

Great news if true

Would be fantastic but I'll believe it when I hear it.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Apparently on 16:43 - Jun 22 with 2204 viewshype313

Apparently on 16:38 - Jun 22 by positivity

if a new variant hits us after the euros, re-opening is a disastrous thing to do

The thing is what do we do every time a new variant arrives? lockdown again? we can't spend the rest of our lives in perennial lockdowns.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024