Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) 21:34 - Jun 22 with 2256 viewsRegencyBlue

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:38 - Jun 22 with 1466 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good first half, potentially going to top the group easily with no goals conceded.

Job done.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:39 - Jun 22 with 1467 viewsChondzoresk

Best description. Really poor 2nd half. Would like to have seen Sancho have a run out. Saka has played well overall.
Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:40 - Jun 22 with 1451 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bang average!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:42 - Jun 22 with 1430 viewsChrisd

This isn’t a side winning this tournament, we look a long way from it quite frankly. Although Saka has had a very decent game.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:44 - Jun 22 with 1423 viewsIllinoisblue

Pass it sideways, pass it backwards. Repeat. It’s weird to be critical after going unbeaten and winning the group without conceding. But let’s be honest; we’re a pedestrian team that has next to no chance of winning this tournament.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:46 - Jun 22 with 1401 viewsAce_High1

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:44 - Jun 22 by Illinoisblue

Pass it sideways, pass it backwards. Repeat. It’s weird to be critical after going unbeaten and winning the group without conceding. But let’s be honest; we’re a pedestrian team that has next to no chance of winning this tournament.

We are playing the Ipswich approach to football :)
Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:49 - Jun 22 with 1383 viewsIllinoisblue

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:46 - Jun 22 by Ace_High1

We are playing the Ipswich approach to football :)

Will my eyes ever stop bleeding?!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:49 - Jun 22 with 1371 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The only thing I don't get is why people seemed to think we would be any better.

Ultimately efficiently done what we should have done in getting through the group and all with Kane not being at his best.

We will do well to get more than through one more round. Considering that will be one of France, Germany or Portugal unless Hungary do something unexpected, I would be surprised if we do get beyond the next round.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:50 - Jun 22 with 1365 viewschicoazul

Kane is an embarrassment
Imagine what Italy France or even Holland will do to us

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:52 - Jun 22 with 1347 viewsnoggin

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:50 - Jun 22 by chicoazul

Kane is an embarrassment

An embarrassment? You ok petal?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:52 - Jun 22 with 1331 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kane is an embarrassment

Looking forward to it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:54 - Jun 22 with 1316 viewschicoazul

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:52 - Jun 22 by noggin

An embarrassment? You ok petal?

He can’t run and all he did all the second half was get in the way. It’s embarrassing seeing him play like that. He’s supposed to be our captain and main man and he just can’t move.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:55 - Jun 22 with 1287 viewsle2blue

Job done. Clean sheet. Home next game. Tournament football innit.
Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:58 - Jun 22 with 1266 viewsjeera

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:55 - Jun 22 by le2blue

Agree with you.

They've done what they've needed to and so far so good.

3 games, 2 wins and a draw. Not much to complain about really.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:59 - Jun 22 with 1264 viewsGuthrum

Kane is an embarrassment

Not so sure. If England continue to be so solid in defence, who knows what could happen? And we do seem to have a knack of winning games one-nil.

No, it's not in the least bit flashy or really exciting. But it is proving effective.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 22:02 - Jun 22 with 1229 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:59 - Jun 22 by Guthrum

Not so sure. If England continue to be so solid in defence, who knows what could happen? And we do seem to have a knack of winning games one-nil.

No, it's not in the least bit flashy or really exciting. But it is proving effective.

Worked for Greece in 2004.

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 22:04 - Jun 22 with 1222 viewsnoggin

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:54 - Jun 22 by chicoazul

He can’t run and all he did all the second half was get in the way. It’s embarrassing seeing him play like that. He’s supposed to be our captain and main man and he just can’t move.

But are you ok?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 22:05 - Jun 22 with 1216 viewsMerseyBlue

Agreed, first half was the best we've played at the tournament, but that isn't saying much. Good to keep a clean sheet, good to top the group, but we look pretty uninspiring. It's all just too pedestrian, the safe option is always the priority. I disagree that we don't have the players to win it, I think we absolutely do. The mentality and tactics are the problem. The minute we turned the team with Saka at pace, they had no answer. You can't play like that for 90 minutes but you can do it a damn sight more.

We improved, we were professional, but we're not frightening or enjoyable to watch.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 22:05 - Jun 22 with 1203 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:55 - Jun 22 by le2blue

Could very easily have been 3-0 at half time.

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 22:09 - Jun 22 with 1172 viewsKeaneish

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 22:04 - Jun 22 by noggin

But are you ok?

To be fair, at least he watched it. Bunch of lads on another thread jumped ship to watch the inferior bitter rivals struggle to a resounding defeat and competition exit!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 22:14 - Jun 22 with 1132 viewsclive_baker

Bit of an odd performance 2nd half. At home, next to no pressure given we’re through, I thought we could’ve played with more intensity and taken the handbrake off a little. If that’s a knockout game it’s very different and easier to stomach, but I thought today was a chance to silence a few critics.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 22:15 - Jun 22 with 1117 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:39 - Jun 22 by Chondzoresk

Best description. Really poor 2nd half. Would like to have seen Sancho have a run out. Saka has played well overall.

Sancho did have a run out.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 22:16 - Jun 22 with 1103 viewschrismakin

Kane is an embarrassment

Kane is still very dangerous whilst lacking fitness.

When he plays he takes players away from defending others. Without him a flat back 4 will cope with the likes of Sterling etc as theyll just drop deep.

Kane draws players away and this opens up the gaps for Sterling, Saka, Grealish to run in behind.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 22:17 - Jun 22 with 1095 viewsle2blue

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 21:58 - Jun 22 by jeera

Agree with you.

They've done what they've needed to and so far so good.

3 games, 2 wins and a draw. Not much to complain about really.

If it was Germany we’d be lording the methodical and controlled approach. Think Gareth knows our limitations and has a setup to progress. Now the big tests come, hopefully Foden, Saka, grealish and sancho can knick us some goals.
Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 22:22 - Jun 22 with 1057 viewsBloomBlue

Turgid stuff from England! (n/t) on 22:02 - Jun 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

Worked for Greece in 2004.

And Denmark in 92. Portugal in 2016 started slowly.

Makes me smile countries like Germany and Italy often finish the group stage of World Cup and Euro's with 2 wins,1 draw and scoring few goals and people talk about them being professional and clinical, England do it and they're boring.

As you say Greece went a whole tournament with 1-0 wins nobody worries about that all they see is; Euro winners 2004.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024