Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the Euro's then... 13:30 - Jun 23 with 456 viewsclive_baker

Looking likely to be one of Germany, Portugal or France. I'm thinking France, as I can see them drawing tonight and Germany winning. What's your starting XI then, assuming all fit and nobody isolating?

I'll go:

Pickford
Walker
Maguire
Stones
Shaw

You've got your partnerships there (City x 2, United x 2). All comfortable on the ball and unchanged from a clean sheet. I really like that as a back 4.

Rice
Mount
Grealish

Rice holding, Mount in for Phillips doing more of a defensive role than he's been asked to previously. Grealish in the #10, I think he has to start.

Sterling
Kane
Foden

Sterling has to start on form. Kane is a no brainer despite being quiet thus far and as well as Saka did, I'm going for Foden for his set pieces. Saka an option off the bench.

For me that's a great side. Puts a lot on Mount to be that all energy man in the middle but I think he brings a bit more than Phillips on the ball against higher quality opposition.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

That midfield 3 is too attacking..... on 13:37 - Jun 23 with 421 viewsBloots

....for Southgate, at least from the start anyway. He won't go to that until we are chasing the game.

Expect Phillips will start instead of Grealish.

The full backs is anyone's guess really.

It's a concern that potentially about 50% of the team is still a matter for discussion.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

That midfield 3 is too attacking..... on 13:40 - Jun 23 with 402 viewsMattinLondon

That midfield 3 is too attacking..... on 13:37 - Jun 23 by Bloots

....for Southgate, at least from the start anyway. He won't go to that until we are chasing the game.

It's a concern that potentially about 50% of the team is still a matter for discussion.

Only a discussion for people other than Southgate and his coaching staff. I’d imagine he knows his team and that team will be slow and steady. Highly doubtful that he’ll aggressively go for the win against those teams.
So the Euro's then... on 13:41 - Jun 23 with 392 viewsJakeITFC

I don’t think Mount will be able to come straight back in if he hasn’t trained with the group all week, but hopefully wrong as he adds a lot of balance to the midfield three.

Wouldn’t shock me to see him go with your back 5 and front 3 but with Rice, Henderson and Bellingham as his midfield 3 (with Mount in for Bellingham if ready).
That midfield 3 is too attacking..... on 13:44 - Jun 23 with 387 viewsclive_baker

That midfield 3 is too attacking..... on 13:37 - Jun 23 by Bloots

I would agree, I think he'll want the 'double pivot' protecting the back 4, which means it's an either / or for Mount or Grealish. With Mount not training, it might make that decision for him. Personally I would love to see them both, not necessarily more attacking as I would want Mount deeper than we've seen him. I just think against a Kante / Pogba duo he gives us that little bit more quality on the ball. Rice & Phillips with Grealish ahead is the more pragmatic pick probably, which he'll likely go for.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So the Euro's then... on 14:25 - Jun 23 with 344 viewsBlueBlood90

I like that team but there's not a chance he won't start Phillips.

It's difficult to include Mount too considering he won't even be allowed to be part of team meetings or part of the group until the morning of the match.

I think it will be the same side as last night but I would expect Foden to replace Grealish. Southgate clearly doesn't like to start him unless he has to for some unknown reason.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

So the Euro's then... on 14:29 - Jun 23 with 335 viewsMetal_Hacker

I can only imagine France ripping Portugal a new one tonight regardless of the changes they may make

Think we'll have Germany next

I'd bring in Bellingham and Foden for Grealish and Phillips

Poll: If it were one or the other

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024