Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Papa John’s Trophy 14:35 - Jun 23 with 950 viewsPinewoodblue

No Norwich U21 team invited this year. Shame as it seems there are no restrictions on which groups the U21 teams can be drawn in.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Papa John’s Trophy on 14:51 - Jun 23 with 876 viewsWeirdFishes

You’d want play them? Personally think having to play their U21s in a cup competition that we’re in due to the fact we’re in league one would be hugely embarrassing.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Papa John’s Trophy on 15:04 - Jun 23 with 830 viewsxrayspecs

I am not sure there is a draw for this stage of the competition as teams are placed in groups based on geographic proximity, which means Col U, Cambridge, Gills, a London club. Perhaps the U21 teams are drawn but in a Covid world, that does not make much sense.
Papa John’s Trophy on 15:49 - Jun 23 with 771 viewsMerseyBlue

Agree with alexharban, I'd hate to have to play their kids - it's a lose-lose situation. I did find it surprising that they've been removed from the 16 teams though, especially as they like to tell everyone how good their kids are. Not sure how it's decided but figured that as they kept their spot after relegation, they'd keep it after yo-yoing back up.

Saw this tweet earlier which made me laugh:

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Papa John’s Trophy on 16:05 - Jun 23 with 737 viewsPhilTWTD

Would surprise me if that wouldn't have been the case had they been involved. Always has been in the past, not just here but with Sunderland and Newcastle as well. Could only meet in the knockout phase.
Papa John’s Trophy on 16:11 - Jun 23 with 711 viewshoppy

Papa John’s Trophy on 15:49 - Jun 23 by MerseyBlue

Agree with alexharban, I'd hate to have to play their kids - it's a lose-lose situation. I did find it surprising that they've been removed from the 16 teams though, especially as they like to tell everyone how good their kids are. Not sure how it's decided but figured that as they kept their spot after relegation, they'd keep it after yo-yoing back up.

Saw this tweet earlier which made me laugh:

That tweet deserves far more recognition... The fact it's from their official account makes it even funnier.

Well played.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Papa John’s Trophy on 16:16 - Jun 23 with 685 viewsMerseyBlue

Papa John’s Trophy on 16:11 - Jun 23 by hoppy

That tweet deserves far more recognition... The fact it's from their official account makes it even funnier.

Well played.

When I first saw it I thought it must be from a spoof account. The complete lack of awareness is a delicious crumb of comfort.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024