Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dalian 07:36 - Jun 24 with 817 viewsFPL_Tractor

Obviously his very sad end is in the news, but here’s the Dalian I want to remember. One of the most gifted players to wear our shirt.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Dalian on 07:50 - Jun 24 with 761 viewsBbmaj

Dalian Atkinson is high on the list of incredible Ipswich players that I have been lucky to see play.

His star certainly burned bright.
Dalian on 07:57 - Jun 24 with 747 viewsArnieM

I was at that game . DA was bloody awesome - such power for a youngster . There’s a photo of John Duncan handing Dalian the match ball , begrudgingly. There was bad blood between the two for sure. But he couldn’t keep a talent like that out of the side. Dailian left us in the summer.

RIP Dalian

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Dalian on 08:07 - Jun 24 with 717 viewsChurchman

I too was lucky enough to see him play. He was an awesome player.
Dalian on 08:10 - Jun 24 with 711 viewsITFC_nostalgia

Dalian on 07:57 - Jun 24 by ArnieM

I was at that game . DA was bloody awesome - such power for a youngster . There’s a photo of John Duncan handing Dalian the match ball , begrudgingly. There was bad blood between the two for sure. But he couldn’t keep a talent like that out of the side. Dailian left us in the summer.

RIP Dalian

Here’s that photo, alongside a few others. The greatest individual performance at Portman Rd, for me Clive.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN7Dn1wD13V/?utm_medium=copy_link
Dalian on 09:08 - Jun 24 with 624 viewsThe_Last_Baron

RIP Dalian

He stayed for another season after the Middlesbrough game.

A 5 grand signing on fee and a Lancia Montecarlo did the trick. He told me this story in 2010, the last time I spoke with him. He was a character.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Dalian on 09:38 - Jun 24 with 589 viewsBluefields

RIP Dalian

Left the Summer after, '89. Brilliant performance that, as good as any individual at Portman Road.
Dalian on 09:44 - Jun 24 with 574 viewsHeathlander

He had everything. He should have played for England. One of the most exciting players I’ve ever seen in my 40 odd years supporting the Town.
[Redacted] on 09:48 - Jun 24 with 569 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Login to get fewer ads

Dalian on 10:19 - Jun 24 with 528 viewsNthQldITFC

Altogether now:

"Dalian, Dalian, Dalian,
Dalian, Dalian, Daliaaa-an,
Dalian, Dalian, Dalian,
Dalian, DA-LI-AN!"

Remember that game well, what a performance!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Dalian on 10:45 - Jun 24 with 500 viewsbrazil1982

I was lucky to be at that game too, remember it well and one of my fondest Portman Road memories. I think he used to live near Defoe Road, often saw him around Fircroft Rd shops, would always say hello to us school kids.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024