Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Of all the youngsters potentially leaving 16:20 - Jun 24 with 3660 viewsGarv

Apart from maybe Dobra, Lankester is the one that is the most disappointing to hear about.

Strange one.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 16:23 - Jun 24 with 2884 viewsWeirdFishes

Whilst I don’t think he is ready to play 46 games in a league winning side, he’s definitely someone I would have liked to keep. Get a feeling we may regret this one a bit like Marriott.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 16:24 - Jun 24 with 2864 viewsDinDjarin

Maybe a fresh set of eyes not wearing tinted glasses was required to see the squad for what it was, underachievers.

As long as we get in who we are after then we have to trust the management and back room staff. The new owners are right behind Cook and probably know a lot more than any of us who is incoming and outgoing and are allowing it to go ahead.
Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 16:25 - Jun 24 with 2834 viewsstrikalite

Yep agree, there is a quality player is there, as with El Miz too..

I just hope we have a big sell on clause in place, when a player goes on the cheap this should be standard..
Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 16:26 - Jun 24 with 2829 viewsJ2BLUE

Don't really get it but in Cook we trust...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 16:27 - Jun 24 with 2811 viewsjayessess

He was a long way off it in most of his appearances this season and we're seemingly determined to recruit a small squad of readymade players this Summer, so it's not terribly surprising.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 16:28 - Jun 24 with 2793 viewsBasuco

Agree we could well regret letting him go.
Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 16:28 - Jun 24 with 2785 viewschrismakin

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 16:26 - Jun 24 by J2BLUE

21 years old, 6 goals in total and nothing like the pre Injury player breaking onto the scene

Wish him all the best and hope it turns out great for him, but can't see anything other than a Bowditch here.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 16:29 - Jun 24 with 2772 viewsStokieBlue

I really liked him when he broke through but injuries really seem to have taken their toll. He was pretty far off the pace last season.

Once again, if he wasn't an academy player I suspect some of the opinions would be different.

Real shame to see him go though, especially before we have a new squad through the door.

SB
[Post edited 24 Jun 2021 16:29]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 16:50 - Jun 24 with 2622 viewsRobTheMonk

Unofrtunately he did nothing last season to suggest he's ready for this level.

Dropping a league is probably a good choice and hopefully can do well for Cambridge.
Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 16:50 - Jun 24 with 2612 viewsStokieBlue

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 16:50 - Jun 24 by RobTheMonk

Unofrtunately he did nothing last season to suggest he's ready for this level.

Dropping a league is probably a good choice and hopefully can do well for Cambridge.

Cambridge are in the same league as us next season.

SB

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 16:54 - Jun 24 with 2593 viewsRobTheMonk

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 16:50 - Jun 24 by StokieBlue

Cambridge are in the same league as us next season.

SB

Oh, my mistake!
Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 17:00 - Jun 24 with 2538 viewsclive_baker

I think he's the one that probably gave the worst account of himself last season. He was absolutely awful more often than not. However we saw some potential prior to his injury that I wouldn't rule him out of finding again at a new club. At such a young age, with a presumably minimal fee we'll be getting, and with him on I would think a relatively modest salary, it's definitely a strange one for me that we wouldn't have kept him around this season.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 17:06 - Jun 24 with 2468 viewsSkip_Intro

I'm quite sad to see him go but remember Kieron Dyer's comments in the TWTD/BM interview when he said something about JL's attitude needing work when KD started working with him (unlike Downes) - wonder whether this might have been a factor?
I think there's definitely a decent player in there somewhere...
Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 17:12 - Jun 24 with 2411 viewsStokieBlue

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 17:00 - Jun 24 by clive_baker

I think he's the one that probably gave the worst account of himself last season. He was absolutely awful more often than not. However we saw some potential prior to his injury that I wouldn't rule him out of finding again at a new club. At such a young age, with a presumably minimal fee we'll be getting, and with him on I would think a relatively modest salary, it's definitely a strange one for me that we wouldn't have kept him around this season.

I guess with regards to your final few lines, the salary is irrelevant if Cook simply wants less players in the first team squad?

If he ended up in the U23's it's probably not going to help him.

A loan to Cambridge might have been an option though?

SB

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 17:13 - Jun 24 with 2403 viewsChurchman

I thought he looked a good prospect when he broke into the team. Bit sad really, but maybe that’s rose tinted specs for one of ‘our’ players than reality.

Good luck to him in his career anyway - I hope he’s not one whose career drifts away like Carson and Clarke.
Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 17:13 - Jun 24 with 2392 viewsWD19

Nah.......Nydam all day long..........
Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 17:14 - Jun 24 with 2382 viewsCoco

I REALLY hope he gets his chance and kicks-on to reach a higher level. That will not happen if he stays here so think a move is the best thing for all. Best of luck, as Sheryl Crow once said - "A Change Would Do You Good"

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 17:30 - Jun 24 with 2266 viewsFixed_It

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 16:28 - Jun 24 by Basuco

Agree we could well regret letting him go.

Always a risk you take, but on the evidence of his performances since his injuries, almost certainly the right decision. You can't stockpile players on the off-chance that they might come good one day!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 17:31 - Jun 24 with 2250 viewsFixed_It

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 16:26 - Jun 24 by J2BLUE

Why don't you get it? Other than for sentimental reasons...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 17:46 - Jun 24 with 2172 viewsgordon

Good outcome for JL though, really decent chance of regular first-team football at the same standard, not far away, and better than being in and out at ITFC or shipped out on loan to Scotland or whatever.
Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 18:12 - Jun 24 with 2073 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Needs a new start to get over his injury problems.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 18:28 - Jun 24 with 2019 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 17:06 - Jun 24 by Skip_Intro

I'm quite sad to see him go but remember Kieron Dyer's comments in the TWTD/BM interview when he said something about JL's attitude needing work when KD started working with him (unlike Downes) - wonder whether this might have been a factor?

Am sure KD said his attitude was good now.

Think his problem is purely down to injury issues.

I hope he gets sorted at Cambridge.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 21:19 - Jun 24 with 1746 viewsgmanrom

When we sell these young players who ain't fulfilled their promise yet we should put in a 1st refusal at a certain price for buy back, say like 10 times the sale price.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 21:47 - Jun 24 with 1647 viewslazyblue

Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 17:06 - Jun 24 by Skip_Intro

Dyer not only one in club to say this.
Of all the youngsters potentially leaving on 22:33 - Jun 24 with 1568 viewsIpswichKnight

Since the injury looked well off the pace and simply did not look like a player who was going to help get us out of this league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024