Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... 13:16 - Jun 25 with 1336 viewsEwan_Oozami

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-57558149

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 13:33 - Jun 25 with 1281 viewsLord_Lucan

You know what, We don't know what the boy is like and he obviously deserves a sentence - and if he had shot one of mine I would be demanding a long one.

But I can't help feeling for the perpetrator as well as the victim, he has also ruined his own life in a matter of seconds and at such a crazy young age.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 13:38 - Jun 25 with 1234 viewsMediocre_Quick

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 13:33 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

You know what, We don't know what the boy is like and he obviously deserves a sentence - and if he had shot one of mine I would be demanding a long one.

But I can't help feeling for the perpetrator as well as the victim, he has also ruined his own life in a matter of seconds and at such a crazy young age.

How can you defend this? Mental issues, or normie, there's no defending shooting someone in the face with a fecking shotgun...
Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 13:43 - Jun 25 with 1208 viewsLord_Lucan

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 13:38 - Jun 25 by Mediocre_Quick

How can you defend this? Mental issues, or normie, there's no defending shooting someone in the face with a fecking shotgun...

I haven't defended it.

All I have done is felt some pity for a kid who has thrown his life way in an instant.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 13:46 - Jun 25 with 1194 viewsHARRY10

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 13:38 - Jun 25 by Mediocre_Quick

I don't think Lucan is defending anyone, merely highlighting the pointless tragedy of it all.

Being a wooly minded, woke, liberal, do gooding as some like you would have.

Or maybe stating what any reasoned person would have. There are no winners. Lives messed up on both sides. Awful consequences which will be carried down the decades.

And the irony is that it is people 'like you' with a vengeful view on such matters who are all too often the defenders of people owning guns
Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 14:03 - Jun 25 with 1120 viewsChiefXL

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 13:46 - Jun 25 by HARRY10

I don't think Lucan is defending anyone, merely highlighting the pointless tragedy of it all.

Or maybe stating what any reasoned person would have. There are no winners. Lives messed up on both sides. Awful consequences which will be carried down the decades.

And the irony is that it is people 'like you' with a vengeful view on such matters who are all too often the defenders of people owning guns

Whilst I appreciate LL's and your point, I'm not sure this can be called a rash decision, where the young man threw away his future in an instant.

This was pre-meditated and planned.

And I speak very much as a wooly-minded, woke liberal.

*Edit, on re-reading it that may not have been the point either of you were trying to make, humble apologies to all if so.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2021 14:05]
Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 14:06 - Jun 25 with 1102 viewsfooters

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 14:03 - Jun 25 by ChiefXL

Whilst I appreciate LL's and your point, I'm not sure this can be called a rash decision, where the young man threw away his future in an instant.

*Edit, on re-reading it that may not have been the point either of you were trying to make, humble apologies to all if so.

He was smiling and said he'd done what he intended to do.

I'm no lock em up type but this other lad will have to live with those horrendous injuries for the rest of his life.

What a fcking waste.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 14:11 - Jun 25 with 1082 viewsEwan_Oozami

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 14:03 - Jun 25 by ChiefXL

Having some knowledge of the people involved in this case I can say that there are definitely some mitigating circumstances, it just depends how much weight the judge gives to those circumstances when passing sentence.

Edit: I should say that these mitigating circumstances have nothing to do with the relationship between the two lads....
[Post edited 25 Jun 2021 14:13]

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 14:11 - Jun 25 with 1079 viewsLord_Lucan

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 14:06 - Jun 25 by footers

I'm no lock em up type but this other lad will have to live with those horrendous injuries for the rest of his life.

What a fcking waste.

I confess I haven't read the report at all.

It's all so pointless though. I suppose that is what I am trying to say.

Login to get fewer ads

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 14:16 - Jun 25 with 1044 viewsfooters

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 14:11 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

I confess I haven't read the report at all.

It's all so pointless though. I suppose that is what I am trying to say.

Suppose things haven't changed all that much over the years, lads fighting over money or women or rep, but when you see them losing their lives over such petty sh1t, it's just so desperately sad.

God knows what this was about but for such a young lad to have access to an over-under shotgun is seriously concerning.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 14:19 - Jun 25 with 1023 viewsHARRY10

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 14:06 - Jun 25 by footers

What a fcking waste.

There certainly is a case of a very long detention, if only to protect the public, which has to be the priority.

Whatever the sentence, it will never act as a deterrent.

Thankfully gun ownership is at an extremely low level in the UK, or this sort of attack would be more prevalent.

A sad, sad case all round.
Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 14:36 - Jun 25 with 947 viewsBLUEBEAT

Did they let him off with the numerous underage driving offences?

Poll: W or W

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 14:40 - Jun 25 with 934 viewsElderGrizzly

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 14:36 - Jun 25 by BLUEBEAT

Did they let him off with the numerous underage driving offences?

I did wonder about that bit too.

He pre-meditated an assault with a gun and then as a 15 year old jumped in a car and drove off?
Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 14:41 - Jun 25 with 923 viewsBloomBlue

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 13:33 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

I do agree although if he was found guilty of attempted murder that normally means he did some pre planning rather than spur-of-the-moment and therefore during the planning had time to think about the consequences. But agree 2 young lives both facing a life time of consequences for different reasons and such a waste
Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 14:52 - Jun 25 with 875 viewsozzy_itfc

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 14:11 - Jun 25 by Ewan_Oozami

Having some knowledge of the people involved in this case I can say that there are definitely some mitigating circumstances, it just depends how much weight the judge gives to those circumstances when passing sentence.

Edit: I should say that these mitigating circumstances have nothing to do with the relationship between the two lads....
[Post edited 25 Jun 2021 14:13]

Care to elaborate?

As I would like to know what could be considered a 'mitigating circumstance' for shooting somebody in the face at the age of 15.
Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 15:28 - Jun 25 with 775 viewsEwan_Oozami

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 14:52 - Jun 25 by ozzy_itfc

Care to elaborate?

As I would like to know what could be considered a 'mitigating circumstance' for shooting somebody in the face at the age of 15.

Can't elaborate I'm afraid for personal reasons but IMHO (though obviously I don't have any legal training) the mitigating circumstances will probably determine where the sentence is served and what rehabilitation is done rather than impact the length of the sentence itself, which anyway I believe the judge has little discretion over given current sentencing guidelines.

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 15:34 - Jun 25 with 755 viewshype313

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 15:28 - Jun 25 by Ewan_Oozami

Can't elaborate I'm afraid for personal reasons but IMHO (though obviously I don't have any legal training) the mitigating circumstances will probably determine where the sentence is served and what rehabilitation is done rather than impact the length of the sentence itself, which anyway I believe the judge has little discretion over given current sentencing guidelines.

If you're implying that the boy was being bullied so put matters in his own hands, then no mitigating circumstances can excuse what he did.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 15:36 - Jun 25 with 743 viewsEwan_Oozami

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 15:34 - Jun 25 by hype313

If you're implying that the boy was being bullied so put matters in his own hands, then no mitigating circumstances can excuse what he did.

I did state these circumstances had nothing to do with the relationship between the two lads...

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 15:40 - Jun 25 with 719 viewshype313

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 15:36 - Jun 25 by Ewan_Oozami

I did state these circumstances had nothing to do with the relationship between the two lads...

Well, time will tell when the judge retires for his verdict.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 15:48 - Jun 25 with 675 viewsblue62

Two lives messed, two families destroyed and grandfather whose gun it was feeling guilty about it not being locked up securely.
Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 16:11 - Jun 25 with 606 viewsozzy_itfc

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 15:28 - Jun 25 by Ewan_Oozami

Thanks for replying.

I can only assume that you think there is some sort of mental health association to the boy who carried the attack.

Which from his reported reaction to the situation, would seem a fairly obvious conclusion.
I am sure more details will come out in the press over time.

As others have said, its a shame that two families lives have been ruined in this case. Probably over something very trivial.
Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 16:22 - Jun 25 with 566 viewsMediocre_Quick

Kesgrave Shotgun Assailant found guilty of Attempted Murder... on 13:46 - Jun 25 by HARRY10

People like me? Nice assumption I've of those who defends those allowed to have guns, but I guess that's what happens when generations cross over the internet without actually knowing the other person,

What I'm saying is, how you can take pity on the one who committed the pre-meditated crime is beyond me, he knew what he was doing, and executed what he planned to do... That, is indefensible in my opinion, but don't label me as something I'm not
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024